Lipscomb vs. Bye

Philofisher

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about this team from Bye, but Lipscomb is rolling and should win this one easily.

We probably need to bring Coach Hard to comment on this one perhaps even Bulldog 69. Maybe Bomb Squad will make an appearance on this thread this week.

Not sure if Peter Powell will be posting his Lipscomb Game Day Notes this week. The Mustangfanpage has been updated for the week. All the credible polls are now up to date and posted.

What I do know about BYE, "The Bombers." They are coached by the legendary Coach Droopy Cooper. Yes, he is still around. They like to play teams such as: CAK, BGA, FRA, DCA, BA, SOS, LA, MBA, EC, and Coach Cooper's Alma Mater, Tullahoma Institute. The team is still known for the Single Wing and their Band Still marches in circles.

If anyone else has any rememberings of Coach Droopy Cooper and the BYE Bombers, please share it here. I'll be searching the internet, perhaps we can find a picture for old Droopy.

We probably need to bring Coach Hard to comment on this one perhaps even Bulldog 69. Maybe Bomb Squad will make an appearance on this thread this week.

Not sure if Peter Powell will be posting his Lipscomb Game Day Notes this week. The Mustangfanpage has been updated for the week. All the credible polls are now up to date and posted.

What I do know about BYE, "The Bombers." They are coached by the legendary Coach Droopy Cooper. Yes, he is still around. They like to play teams such as: CAK, BGA, FRA, DCA, BA, SOS, LA, MBA, EC, and Coach Cooper's Alma Mater, Tullahoma Institute. The team is still known for the Single Wing and their Band Still marches in circles.

If anyone else has any rememberings of Coach Droopy Cooper and the BYE Bombers, please share it here. I'll be searching the internet, perhaps we can find a picture for old Droopy.

the Bye Bombers, that has a nice little ring to it.

You asked for it.....................is the Bye squad a private school.....if it is...which multiplier do we use and do they allow financial aid. I doubt that Bye has to recruit because so many people are willing to pay THOUSANDS of dollars to have a "special" education at the Bye institution and maintian that they are sacrificing so much for their BYE children to "learn"

Coach Droopy sends his grandchildren to DL by the way....nothing stands in the way of that type of education...sorry Bye

Should BYE Play up or down in class.........or just play in the same group of all privates.....will a victory this week be added to that infamous total of teams who have been unmercifully flattened on the storied plains of the DL field.

This is THE one week that I will go all out and root for DL.....heaven knows how this "downtrodden" group needs support.....let's root those guys on to victory!!!

By the way, since the BYE team is not actually a team....this post cannot be construed as a private-public discussion about teams.....man I love it!

You asked for it......here it is......tongue in cheek of course. Good Bye Good Bye and ....well you get it!

olddroopy.jpg

Here is a old picture that I found of Coach Cooper. Giving some blocking technique instruction. Some additional information on BYE. BYE is a Public Institution, but has no problem playing anyone. They have even played some of the Super Seven and even some of the top 5A Schools. They have been closely affiliated with the old Jorodonia School, TYC, and Taft. Back in the 30's and the 40's they had a great rivalry with TIS. (Which we have known in the recent past as TPS (Tennessee Prepratory School) Coach Cooper left Tullahoma Institute in 1948 and went back into farming until 1962. In 1963 he joined the staff at BYE and became head coach in 65.

I don't recall if he has any connection with Lipscomb. He's not even Church of Christ..his family was raised Pentecostal. Coach Cooper did remember Glenn McCadams as a student at Huntingdon High School back in the day.

Bulldog69:

If you attend this game….make sure you wear your plaid knit slacks, loafers (no socks), a dry cleaned pressed polo button down with a sweater hanging over your shoulders…..oh and make sure you bring your camera….every DL fan has to have a camera…

DL-63

Bye-0

But…”it could have been much worse”……..

All in good fun………..

Greenbrier really must have had their way with them last week because they still have the same number of losses and total points allowed as they did after beating Marshall Co. two weeks ago :o

I think we underestimated Bye. They are stepping up. Not only does DL have Bye Friday, the San Diego Chargers have Bye on Sunday. Whats Bye's motto, "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime" :o