Lipscomb vs. Bye

Philofisher

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about BYE, never seen any game film on them. But I do know that their defense has never been scored on and they have never lost a game. Haven't heard anything on their offense. I do know that they have been around for a long time and they are on everyone's schedule. I think they play everyone! I don't know how they do it, but they don't have any byes on their schedule! :thumb:

I don't know much about BYE, never seen any game film on them. But I do know that their defense has never been scored on and they have never lost a game. Haven't heard anything on their offense. I do know that they have been around for a long time and they are on everyone's schedule. I think they play everyone! I don't know how they do it, but they don't have any byes on their schedule! :)

I saw a BYE schedule, they do play someone named OPEN DATE. Haven't officially gotten the scoop on Open yet. We'll google it and see what comes up. It may have its own thread next week.

Edited by vandy1

I am sure the folks at BYE are estatic. They haven't gotten this much pub in years. Lipscomb has gotten numerous requests for media credentials. There will even be a story in the Sports Section of the Tennessean in Friday's edition. Check it out. (No Kidding)

Tennessean has front page story on BYE this morning. Good Publicity

Here's some very informative scouting reports given to us courtesy of RSquared when BYE played CPA....

FYI. . .

Bervard Youth Evangelical (BYE) is in their inaugural year of VHSAA sanctioned football, so it's not a great surprise that coacht (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't know about them yet. Let me give you the short report on BYE, which I gleaned from their website @ http://www.athletics.bye.edu/inaugural.

BYE is a small, private Christian School for at risk students situated in Gullible Shoals, Va. on the banks of the Naddareal River. The Unicorns, under Coach Ernest T. Bassrock, are attempting to play a six game schedule this season, having signed contracts with 3 Kentucky prep schools and 3 TN private/public schools who agreed to take on BYE during their traditional OPEN week.

The Unicorns are led by sophomore tailback Horry Thrudahole, along with highly touted sophomore wide outs MeRon Post and MeGon Fly, two "transfers" from nearby ACF, Acuff Correctional Facility.

---rSquared

and another on their linemen...

Another update on players from Bervard Youth Evangelical according to an un-named source at LinemenRUS.com, the up and coming sports/electrical repair website that Murphy Fair has been overheard saying is "Way far better than mine" and was also said to be "making CoachT and IAMOZ nervous"....

..."The BYE (Bevard Youth Evangelical) Unicorns look to be tough in this, their inaugural season, in part because of what, in the words of BYE seasoned linecoach Jimmy Smalls, a 6th grader and B+ student at Gullible Shoals Middle School for Special Students, describes as the "incredible hugeness" of their offensive line.

The Unicorns can boast an amazing average offensive line weight of 486lbs, with 1 player tipping the scales at an awesome 606lbs. Even though the average height for this line is only 5'4" Coach Ernest T Bassrock doesn't seem to be worried.

In an interview Coach Bassrock stated "...no, I'm not concerned that our O-Line is a little vertically challenged. It's amazing really....you know those old commercials where weebles -wobble but they don't fall down? It's true! I've seen it! Man, we just stick those guys out there and our QB has all day to pass the ball....a mack truck ain't getting through my boys. Then for the next play we just roll them to the new line of scrimmage...it works great!"

When asked about the possiblity of the opposing team just running around the line Coach Bassrock replied " We are having a little problem with those LBs and DBs coming outside on the what they tell me is called a blitz...but I've got a call into the VHSSA to see if this "blitz" thing is actually legal or not. If it is, then we may have a problem cause my big boys don't really move to good. And we are also having a little problem running the ball up the middle, but right now we are looking at a young man that is a 6'1" and 104lbs Ethiopian transfer that we think could be the answer to getting the ball up the gut. All and all I think the line is doing a great job considering that our QB has only had 2 minor concussions during pre-season scrimmages. I think the line is going to have a great season if we can keep them out of the concession stand during the actual games...they smell them hotdogs and its over."