Connecticut's New "Mercy Rule"

mcwrestler

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2457707

This is one of the worst rules I have heard of. Kids are always told togive 100%, but now if they are winning by 50 in the end, the coach can't coach the next game. I can understand if the coach is doing it intentionally, but if its the reserve players scoring, oh well, the other team will have some motivation. Losing can build character too, I have heard that some soccer team actually encourages tieing rather than winning so no ones "feelings" are hurt. I am sorry, life isn't all wins and ties, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it will be bad. A new coach has already tested the rule and can't coach the next game. Imagine how many times Reid could not have coached Alcoa last year, and he was playing the reserves.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you tell the back-ups when they get it the game? Ok, guys, for every point we score we have to let them score equally.

In a game my senior year, we scored 24 points in the first couple of minutes. Our coach yanked the entire starting team, on both sides of the ball. We did not go back in. Our second and third teams continued to score. The game ended up being 76-0.

Liberalism in its purest form. Idiots who keep voting liberals into office deserve the end result, a world with no absolutes. I do think a coach could do some things in play calling and personnel adjustment to preclude a thrashing. As for Connecticut, you can keep those overtaxed liberals who are not really interested in being apart of us here in fly over country.

A rule like this could only be passed in a state like Connectict where most of the people are either gay or are straight and have no backbone...

Right on.

Liberalism in its purest form. Idiots who keep voting liberals into office deserve the end result, a world with no absolutes. I do think a coach could do some things in play calling and personnel adjustment to preclude a thrashing. As for Connecticut, you can keep those overtaxed liberals who are not really interested in being apart of us here in fly over country.

Right on the head.

Edited by GreenMan