Gordonsville vs. Trousdale County

croz6110

Junior that year. My senior year wasn't as good. We got beat in the quarters by Whitwell. We were a better team than them we just overlooked them and they made us pay. We were focused on a rematch with FRA in the semis because they beat us up in week 3. We wanted some revenge but i learned a very valuable lesson that night. NEVER OVERLOOK ANYONE AND NEVER TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED! All week that week Clint and Jim B kept saying one game at a time boys but we all just knew we were going to win. Honestly we really didn't want no more of FRA but i sure would've liked to see. You know what i'm saying?

Tell me about overlooking someone....

Example, Gordonsville/South Pitt game, 2001...

We all though we were heading to Cloudland for a shot to play in the state title game, those hopes came crashing down after we lost to SP.

But the thing that really got me was, on the very first play of the game(not real sure if it was the first, but the first South Pitt offensive seriese), our defense picked it off, and took it all the way to the 3 yard line. And 3 consecutive plays, we could not punch it in and had to setlle for a field goal. I believe if we would have punched it in, it would have been a great confidence booster, and the outcome of the game would have been different.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are all good things but what has made the diffrence. Is it Medley?

Mark Medley is my dad's cousin, so I guess that would make him my second cousin? or whatever howthat family tree crap works...

but nonetheless, the Man always has this stern look on his face, like it was chiseled out of stone. I don't believe I have ever seen him smile to be quite honest. And I believe he has the boys at Gordonsville so scared of his, they don't know what to do.

Hey MO$$$$, how is Gordonsville's conditioning?? Are they in shape? Can they play 4 quarters? When I was there, that was one of THE most important things Coach Dillard emphasized on, was conditioning. I knew he had to cut back b/c the players were complaining it was too much running and were quitting, a few seasons ago...

Mark Medley is my dad's cousin, so I guess that would make him my second cousin? or whatever howthat family tree crap works...

but nonetheless, the Man always has this stern look on his face, like it was chiseled out of stone. I don't believe I have ever seen him smile to be quite honest. And I believe he has the boys at Gordonsville so scared of his, they don't know what to do.

Hey MO$$$$, how is Gordonsville's conditioning?? Are they in shape? Can they play 4 quarters? When I was there, that was one of THE most important things Coach Dillard emphasized on, was conditioning. I knew he had to cut back b/c the players were complaining it was too much running and were quitting, a few seasons ago...

They oughta be in shape. I know they were running 15x100 yard sprints after practice every day.

In my opinion, if players want to quit because of too much running, they didn't really want to play in the first place.

I can say they are working hard watching lots of film. They are calm and not expelling energy before a game. Quiet and focused on the job at hand. They are definately not overlooking anyone. In bed early, not roaming the streets partying. Unlike past teams from GV. They want it and beleive they can get it. You have to act like a champion to be one. Suprise! No unsportsman Like conduct minus yards this year. Thats the diffrence in last year and this year. They are not trying to intimidate a team. They are trying to out play them.

Sounds very much like Coach Medley has made his impression on this team, again!

They oughta be in shape. I know they were running 15x100 yard sprints after practice every day.

In my opinion, if players want to quit because of too much running, they didn't really want to play in the first place.

I agree. If I were Coach Dillard, I woul not have let those players who quit, back on the team....

I agree. If I were Coach Dillard, I woul not have let those players who quit, back on the team....

He didnt let them come back and play. That was last year. Please dont compare this years bunch of kids to last years. They were mostly sophmores last year. Had no call in to how the others acted. This year they are JRs and SRs. They want to play ball and win the gold ball. The act like champions. Not out partying, they go to bed get rest, stay out of trouble, practice hard and show focus. They work hard at practice and dont question the coaches calls. Which was a big problem last year. In 5 games we have not had a 15 yarder for unsportsman like conduct. They arent out there fighting. They are out there playing. Makes the diffrence. The line has disipline and are able to exicute plays other teams are unable to run. We still have to work on downfield blocking. GV has not had downfield blocking for a long while. Its getting better. Will definately improve as the season progresses. Look for good things to happen. Gv on the roll is hard to stop for any team. If they get on a roll tonight, it will not be the close ball game than everyone expects.

He didnt let them come back and play. That was last year. Please dont compare this years bunch of kids to last years. They were mostly sophmores last year. Had no call in to how the others acted. This year they are JRs and SRs. They want to play ball and win the gold ball. The act like champions. Not out partying, they go to bed get rest, stay out of trouble, practice hard and show focus. They work hard at practice and dont question the coaches calls. Which was a big problem last year. In 5 games we have not had a 15 yarder for unsportsman like conduct. They arent out there fighting. They are out there playing. Makes the diffrence. The line has disipline and are able to exicute plays other teams are unable to run. We still have to work on downfield blocking. GV has not had downfield blocking for a long while. Its getting better. Will definately improve as the season progresses. Look for good things to happen. Gv on the roll is hard to stop for any team. If they get on a roll tonight, it will not be the close ball game than everyone expects.

I wasn't comparing the two. I was just making an observation. I hope to see you at the game tonight. :lol:

Just to let everybody in on what Trousdale County team showed up.

The STATE CHAMPS, that's who showed up.

22-19 Trousdale County.

I knew that I was awfully nervous for a reason.

Their all healthy, and Clint Satterfield is coaching.

Now I haven't seen Watertown play, but from what I saw tonight, their game against Trousdale was a fluke.

It was a good game to watch.

Just having Blake Satterfield on the field helps Trousdale greatly. He had a heck of a game.

This is not an excuse, but I don't believe Gordonsville played like they could've. They looked like the second half team that played Smith Co.

That's football.

It's going to be interesting to see how this region shapes up.