Bearden @ Science Hill

topvol98

After looking over the Bearden roster, you guys must be quick and stout, because I really don’t see a lot of size.

topvol98 . . . Gave a good analysis of our offense. I would like to see Alexander, Duannah and Scott all in the backfield at the same time, with a little miss direction. But, it ain’t gonna happen from what I hear. But, there might be a few surprises nobody has seen yet. It is imperative that SH executes tomorrow night. Without a doubt, Bearden will be tough!

I pray for a good hard hitting, clean game from both sides without injury. :D

GO TOPPERS

Edited by PowrPlus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for the SHHS defense. When the ends are able to get off their blocks they are fast and get to the ball. Markey Latham has 7 sacks in 5 games but they came in the three wins. Latham and Castle are the two best ends on teh team and when they are able to get up field they are very disputive. The tackles are strong and Hamilton has an good motor. He doesn't take plays. Murray plays both ways and when he isn't taking plays off and has enough in the tank he can't be handled but teams have been able to run inside especially with traps and counters. The linebacker corps is solid and makes play, I personally would have loved to see Scott on that side of the ball and left Fergueson at strong safety. Trent is an force at middle linebacker and tackles well. I don't think I have seen him miss an tackle this season. Green is an sophmore but looks to be well on his well. Fergueson is starting to settle into the linebacking job but I miss him at the strong safety. David Alexander has one side locked down and Barcel ( when healthy) gets the other side. The player who is truest at corner is Kinley but he is still learning but he's only an sophomore. He will hit you but his aggresion can be used against him with play action but I love seeing him on the field, he's going to be an great one. Micah Hollifield is as solid an free safety I have seen this year. He has good size and is an track guy who makes tackles. He's having an great year and helping the Mancuso learn the strong job. He will be missed in the secondary next year. Mancuso is coming along but he is learning on the fly as an sophmore. This unit had an good game against Cherokee as expected. They have stayed on the field alot this year and have held up very well. Give them an lead and turn them loose and they can be dominating. The secondary breaks to the ball very well and it's hard to get past the linebackers untouched. They have recorded turnovers in every game this season. Very easily should have shut out Sullivan Central. The only team that got the better of this squad is Sevier County which is also the only 5A team they have played so tonight will be very interesting.

Guys, we're going down again. SH doesn't have a good leader behind center and the offense is stale. Hate to say it but it's true and we know it. :blink:

Beardon 28-14

I'm not sure if just behind center is the problem as far as leadership goes. When your changning the offense in the middle of the season, makes you wonder. Yeah, I better stop with this one but it would be nice to see if somoene else could do better.

I usually try to do this on Thursdays but here goes. Science Hill's defense has to get pressure on the qb and cause some turonvers. They can't allow themselves to get picked apart with an balance offense. If they can contain the run and dissuade Bearden from passing, the defense will have done it's job. The Topper offense has to make Bearden respect the pass to open up the running lanes. The offense needs to have scoring drives and not have the three and outs all night long. Both teams will be motivated by homecoming. I don't believe the win against Cherokee brought any good feelings amongst the kids, who need an spark. I believe that it will be an uphill battle against defense that has played very well all season against better competition. Here's hoping the bus ride zaps the Bulldogs.

Toppers by 1.

I can't pick against my son and his friends.

I usually try to do this on Thursdays but here goes. Science Hill's defense has to get pressure on the qb and cause some turonvers. They can't allow themselves to get picked apart with an balance offense. If they can contain the run and dissuade Bearden from passing, the defense will have done it's job. The Topper offense has to make Bearden respect the pass to open up the running lanes. The offense needs to have scoring drives and not have the three and outs all night long. Both teams will be motivated by homecoming. I don't believe the win against Cherokee brought any good feelings amongst the kids, who need an spark. I believe that it will be an uphill battle against defense that has played very well all season against better competition. Here's hoping the bus ride zaps the Bulldogs.

Toppers by 1.

I can't pick against my son and his friends.

topvol98 . . . I'm with ya! My son believes 100% in his heart that they WILL WIN this game tonight.

Yeah, I can see all the ways that they can win but I'm not coaching nor playing. This would be an great win for this team to finally get one against an quality team. I think that we should be able to do well running the ball but I'm not sure if that will be enough if we don't get in teh endzone. This will be the first test against a team whose tendency is to pass the ball, if we can get some hits one the qb we have an good chance. If we aren't able to run the ball, our chances are greatly reduced. The second half of last week's game, found me having difficuilty keeping up with the action fo the game. No flow at all, here's hoping that we find that spark tongight.