Bearden @ Science Hill

topvol98

Hey Bearden fans, remember me. Im the guy that said Bearden was just a average team. Well, not just because of tonight but because of whiping Knox Central then blowing out the Toppers tonight im gonna' say you just moved up to "Above Average"

Im picking you to take #2 in the Big East. I don't think Sevier Co. has anything for you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bearden fans, remember me. Im the guy that said Bearden was just a average team. Well, not just because of tonight but because of whiping Knox Central then blowing out the Toppers tonight im gonna' say you just moved up to "Above Average"

Im picking you to take #2 in the Big East. I don't think Sevier Co. has anything for you.

No offense, but I think your barometer should adjust Science Hill to below average. It amazes me to NO end. They have so much talent. There was no heart shown by the kids last night. Somethings seriously wrong with the program. I just hate if for the community. Bearden plays hard but if you think they are "all world" then you should drive down to Maryville or Alcoa to see what you are talking about. Science Hill can have this also with the right system. No flame, jmho.

I don’t know where to begin. For SHHS, I see size, speed, strength and lots of athletic ability, but all these pieces of the puzzle are for some reason not fitting together.

Our backs are against the wall if we have any aspirations of making the playoffs. I hope we have learned something in this game, besides not turning the ball over. It’s time for a gut check for our team and let’s get it going and defeat Jefferson County this Friday.

Congratulations Bearden for the win and good luck with the rest of your season. It’s amazing the difference a coach can make in a team.

No offense, but I think your barometer should adjust Science Hill to below average. It amazes me to NO end. They have so much talent. There was no heart shown by the kids last night. Somethings seriously wrong with the program. I just hate if for the community. Bearden plays hard but if you think they are "all world" then you should drive down to Maryville or Alcoa to see what you are talking about. Science Hill can have this also with the right system. No flame, jmho.

He doesn't have to drive anywhere to see a good program, he is a DB fan and he sees a great team every week.

Too much talent and unlimited resources at Science Hill to not be challenging for the Big East conference year in and year out! What does Dobyns-Bennett have that Science Hill doesn’t have except stinky air to breathe?? Obviously there is something wrong. Coach Bowles has pulled SH out of the cellar in his tenure, but it is time to take SH to the next step.

Will Johnson City continue to settle for mediocrity (or less) in football or is Science Hill content with the successful baseball and basketball programs?

Edited by Fitness4life

Congratulations to Bearden. They are an good team that plays very hard. Very impressed with their play calling and confidence in their kids to carry it out. Works is very impressive, reminds me alot of the Johnson kid from Campbell County last year in the way he runs. Seems that he's always twisting to get extra yardage and I was surprised with his speed, which I couldn't recall anyone mentioning. Their defense did an good job of taking our running game away. The Bulldogs controlled both sides of the line of scrimmage. I'm also glad that they let up on our boys.

Science Hill is in big trouble. This coaching staff has lost the respect and confidence of it's players. Kids that love the game are losing their love for it and the permeating thought is to get this season over with and get to next year. That was before the Homecoming Massacre and it didn't look like all the kids where exactly believing that they could win that game. I also believe that their are people in the community that care about football that are also losing confidence in Bowles. I don't believe that he does anything to inspire the kids and uses fear and intimidation to try to motivate. I believe their is talent in the program but not an knowledge of how to use it especially on the offensive side of the ball. I have no use for Watts in the booth. I saw Bearden use wr screens and wonder, now that's imaginative or makes sense. They removed Duannah from the offense. I'm not sure if they are trying to prove points or have settled in to the fact that they are not going to be around next year and are not doing anything to build the program. It's just sickening that the kids get all the blame from the coaches but I haven't heard one time that we didn't have them prepared. Not even last year after the Oak Ridge diaster.

Congratulations to Bearden. They are an good team that plays very hard. Very impressed with their play calling and confidence in their kids to carry it out. Works is very impressive, reminds me alot of the Johnson kid from Campbell County last year in the way he runs. Seems that he's always twisting to get extra yardage and I was surprised with his speed, which I couldn't recall anyone mentioning. Their defense did an good job of taking our running game away. The Bulldogs controlled both sides of the line of scrimmage. I'm also glad that they let up on our boys.

Science Hill is in big trouble. This coaching staff has lost the respect and confidence of it's players. Kids that love the game are losing their love for it and the permeating thought is to get this season over with and get to next year. That was before the Homecoming Massacre and it didn't look like all the kids where exactly believing that they could win that game. I also believe that their are people in the community that care about football that are also losing confidence in Bowles. I don't believe that he does anything to inspire the kids and uses fear and intimidation to try to motivate. I believe their is talent in the program but not an knowledge of how to use it especially on the offensive side of the ball. I have no use for Watts in the booth. I saw Bearden use wr screens and wonder, now that's imaginative or makes sense. They removed Duannah from the offense. I'm not sure if they are trying to prove points or have settled in to the fact that they are not going to be around next year and are not doing anything to build the program. It's just sickening that the kids get all the blame from the coaches but I haven't heard one time that we didn't have them prepared. Not even last year after the Oak Ridge diaster.

The job is a gold mine. Coach Carlton Flatt felt as much in 99 when George almost talked him into coming up here.