South Pittsburg vs. Grace

flake

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final score SP 54 - Grace 14.

This was absolutely the worst case of officiating I have ever seen at a football game (including pee-wee games with volunteers for refs). This crew was at one of our Jr high games a couple of weeks back and they didn't even know where to line the ball up on kick offs. We had to help them with the rules on other things too. They told us then they were normally soccer refs. I can not believe this crew was allowed to ref a high school game.

Edited by zonepirate

Final score SP 54 - Grace 14.

This was absolutely the worst case of officiating I have ever seen at a football game (including pee-wee games with volunteers for refs). This crew was at one of our Jr high games a couple of weeks back and they didn't even know where to line the ball up on kick offs. We had to help them with the rules on other things too. They told us then they were normally soccer refs. I can not believe this crew was allowed to ref a high school game.

I had heard that they were soccer refs. I thought that was just a joke though. I bet they are icing down their arms tonight from throwing the flags so much.

The score should read.... S.P. 54 Refs 28 and Grace 7

These refs lost control of the game early on. They were a disgrace to the game of football. The association should get rid of these hacks. Notice we were not on the bad end of a close game that had a questionable call. It was that this game was nothing more than a flag fest with tons of needless personal foul penalties. I think one of those guys went for a red card at one time...

Thank goodness we won't have these sorry excuses for zebras for the MC game or I have a feeling it would result in a brawl...These "men" didn't have any control of a game that wasn't even that heated, and started throwing flags galore to try to prove something. Anyone at the game knows that they proved that they were morons. Sorry to be blunt but it is true.

The coaches, players, and fans of highschool football deserve better than these sorry excuses for "professionals".

I Agree with the last two posts. This was "THE" most ridiculously officiated game I have ever been associated with.

First off, I would like to congratulate Grace for playing a very gutsy game and never giving up. If not for some of the quick turnovers, it may have been even closer than it was.

Back to the officiating........ pitiful, pitiful, PITIFUL !!!

Even the chain gang(from Grace) was laughing at most of the calls!

When a kid is thrown out of the game for having an Orthodontic Mouthpiece(made specifically for this player by his orthodontist), they really need to be examined.

I believe that SP did leave their kids in tonight for one reason.... TO BEAT THE REFS. Normally, Vic would pull his starters and play the other sophmores from the middle of the third quarter on.

Again, congrats to Grace on a hard fought game, and to Grace Academy fans and boosters for their great hospitality. Sorry if we were a little rowdy last night, but you saw the same game we did and you should realize why we were upset.

Need to add some stuff. Grace has some unique and good facilities to play a game at. They played hard and are a team that has some good players. They must realize that there were a lot of angry S.P. people because of the officiating.

I heard about the kid getting kicked out because of his orthadontical mouth-peice and if that is true then the offending ref should be ashamed, just ashamed because this would mean S.P. loses a player for the MC game because of.... well there really can't be any because here because it is a disgrace.

Grace fans and players need to keep working and represent the region well. Good luck...

Need to add some stuff. Grace has some unique and good facilities to play a game at. They played hard and are a team that has some good players. They must realize that there were a lot of angry S.P. people because of the officiating.

I heard about the kid getting kicked out because of his orthadontical mouth-peice and if that is true then the offending ref should be ashamed, just ashamed because this would mean S.P. loses a player for the MC game because of.... well there really can't be any because here because it is a disgrace.

Grace fans and players need to keep working and represent the region well. Good luck...

You would think that SP could protest this kid being ejected from this game because of this reason. I'm sure the SP coaching staff will do whatever they can.

If that is truly the case then that sounds crazy. The rule for mouth pieces is as follows: "The tooth and mouth protector shall be of any readily visible color, other than completely white or completely clear." So if he had a white or clear mouth peice then I can understand him having to be removed to get a new one. But not being thrown out because of it. Surely someone can clear this up as to whether it was the actual reason or not.

SP won, as real they should have but I wouldn’t raise my flag to high. I worked the sideline and after the language and comments I heard from both the players and the fans I would be ashamed. Now granted, as stated previously, they had more than an ample supply of fuel, with the officiating crew. I would agree that between the calls, the spots, the clock mis-management and just the general confusion frustration would set in, but I can’t imagine the behavior if the game would have been close. The two women that actually said and did something inappropriate to #9 after the game, grow up and get a life.

Okay, on the bright side, the SP coaching staff, on the other hand, was one of the best I’ve worked around in three years. Given the circumstances, they had more than enough reason and plenty of opportunities to have a complete meltdown but chose not to and took the high road and exhibited a great deal of class.

The casualty of the evening, I hope that the young man who got hit by his own player in the knee is alright. It didn’t sound good from the sideline.