Running thru the banner

Shep

What does everyone else do? Last night JBHS's 12th man brought it even if I do say so myself. That was about the best I've seen and heard since last years semi-final game and I can tell it gets our guys pumped. Anyone who has played JB over the last 2 seasons know how we send the guys thru the banner B4 kick off. JB's claim to fame other than the usual bells and horns is revving up our dualled out trucks that are parked backed up to the field and firing tobacco barns that are near the field to create a smokey haze (even though the wind did not allow that last night). I know East Robertson has a Florida State like Indian and horse on the field, but no one else seems to stand out in my mind.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone else do? Last night JBHS's 12th man brought it even if I do say so myself. That was about the best I've seen and heard since last years semi-final game and I can tell it gets our guys pumped. Anyone who has played JB over the last 2 seasons know how we send the guys thru the banner B4 kick off. JB's claim to fame other than the usual bells and horns is revving up our dualled out trucks that are parked backed up to the field and firing tobacco barns that are near the field to create a smokey haze (even though the wind did not allow that last night). I know East Robertson has a Florida State like Indian and horse on the field, but no one else seems to stand out in my mind.

Not to mention that our Banner was 24 feet tall last night. It was awesome hearing all the engines reving up from the time the captains entered the field until the kickoff.

Last nights entrance was one of a kind, and i am sure it had EVERY player on Jo Byrns pumped up, and alot of players on East feeling intimidated!!

As Lipscomb walks the field in the pregame, they have someone who plays the bagpipes. In a less unique tradition, they run onto the field thru the same re-useable banner. They've used the same one for at least 5 years.

Would it be letting out a secret if you told us how using the same banner for that long is possible?

Cannon co fires the cannon when they run threw

Very cool! Friday night some of us were talking about a local guy that might let us borrow his. Now I don't want to copy Cannon Co..

Does anyone do anything different than just running onto the field. Maybe like on "Remember the Titans" when the kind of danced onto the field.

Anyone do fireworks?

Very cool! Friday night some of us were talking about a local guy that might let us borrow his. Now I don't want to copy Cannon Co..

Does anyone do anything different than just running onto the field. Maybe like on "Remember the Titans" when the kind of danced onto the field.

Anyone do fireworks?

FCS doesn't quite have the reving engines like Jo byrns does, but we do at least do something if not original. There had been talk for a while of having a cannon fire (commanders = boat battles) but i don't know if FCS has ever done that. Right now a couple of older guys get some smoke going around the paper, and someone else launches fireworks that are timed nicely. Not the most original, but there is some time and effort put into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Carter had the past 4 years had a young man on the team that is mentally impared nothing serious just a little slow, but the tradition is that the band forms a tunnel with the cheerleaders holding a banner at the end they would send Weston through the tunnel first while the band plays the fight song. This young man graduated last year but came back to our 1st home game and as tradition goes he dressed in his Jersey and Jeans and least the Fighting Green Hornets through the tunnel to the sidelines.