Alcoa @ Wartburg Central

mcwrestler

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need to have some respect for the ol Bulldogs. They play probable the toughest schedule in the state, plus their line is young and not ready to compete in a high school level. They actually have decent skill players but they can't do anything cause the line never blocks. They do try, and thats all that matters. They got a 6'6'' dude that can catch and is very tough to tackle, but they can never throw the ball, plus fast backfield and qb. And if you people are wantin to put the freshman in you better tell them to buckle up cause wartburg is not just gonna come out their and just lay down. This game shouldn't even happen but it is and wartburg is going to fight and not give up even if they get beat by 1000.

You guys need to have some respect for the ol Bulldogs. They play probable the toughest schedule in the state, plus their line is young and not ready to compete in a high school level. They actually have decent skill players but they can't do anything cause the line never blocks. They do try, and thats all that matters. They got a 6'6'' dude that can catch and is very tough to tackle, but they can never throw the ball, plus fast backfield and qb. And if you people are wantin to put the freshman in you better tell them to buckle up cause wartburg is not just gonna come out their and just lay down. This game shouldn't even happen but it is and wartburg is going to fight and not give up even if they get beat by 1000.

You know what, you are exactly right, I'm sorry. It's easy to get caught up sometimes.

I wouldn't expect anything less from Wartburg. I don't think your statement about having the toughest schedule is accurate, though. Our region is really weak; I applaud Wartburg for playing Catholic! Their schedule doesn't compare to Alcoa's, though.

I don't expect Alcoa to overlook anybody; they're taking it week to week. It's us fans that get crazy!

While I pretty much agree with every post on this thread, let me point something out: Wartburg has beaten Alcoa twice in the past ten years, including a stunning upset at Wartburg in 1996. Of course, I don't see ANY chance of that happening this year, but Alcoa is in the dogs' region, so they will have to play them. I echo what a lot of people say; that Wartburg's biggest problem is their coaches and untill that changes, their woes will continue. I honestly believe Wartburg will come out Friday intimidated and believing they're already beaten and that the coaches will do NOTHING to keep that from happening!!

While I pretty much agree with every post on this thread, let me point something out: Wartburg has beaten Alcoa twice in the past ten years, including a stunning upset at Wartburg in 1996. Of course, I don't see ANY chance of that happening this year, but Alcoa is in the dogs' region, so they will have to play them. I echo what a lot of people say; that Wartburg's biggest problem is their coaches and untill that changes, their woes will continue. I honestly believe Wartburg will come out Friday intimidated and believing they're already beaten and that the coaches will do NOTHING to keep that from happening!!

The Alcoa 1996 team was not nearly as good as this year's or as good as any team the last 3 years.

The Alcoa 1996 team was not nearly as good as this year's or as good as any team the last 3 years.

Well,I'll agree with you there,my friend;very few teams have been as good as those Alcoa teams. But Wartburg was MUCH better then, also. I honestly don't think Alcoa will play any team as uninspired or undisciplined as this year's Wartburg team. I know I harp on this alot, but if they were coached by people who didn't allow such mediocrity, it might be at least a SOMEWHAT respectable game.