Robertson Co.

all_chap

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be an interesting game (games), to say the least.

I think it would have the same type of atmosphere as the Jo Byrns/ East game, times 5. Everybody would be trying to play their very best. I dont know. This one would be, I think, who ever wanted it the most. Because with an atmosphere like this, its anybodys game. I would have to say though, that I think Greenbrier and Springfield might have the advantage over JBS, East, or Heritage (are you considering them 'Robertson County' also ?) .

Good topic....

Edited by Jbs_all_the_way

Being bigger schools, you would think Greenbrier or Springfield would have the advantage. Springfield has come a long way as a team, and Greenbrier is always good. Every team in the county is having a good year this year, I wish there was some sort of county championship.

Well of course Heritage is Robertson County. Thats the whole issue in White House. I think Springfield, Greenbrier, and Jo Byrns are the top 3 schools in the county. East Robertson is having a bad year. Heritage is having a great year, but maybe not good enough to play with Springfield and Greenbrier. That would be cool to have a battle like that though.

It would be very hard for any of the other Robertson County teams to beat Springfield this year. At the class they play in, even the teams that were not having great seasons in Springfield's Region still would be stiff competition for some of the county teams. The difference in the quality of teams in 1A to 4A is quite a bit, although it would be a money- maker for any of the county teams as was the case Friday night at Jo Byrns.

It would be very hard for any of the other Robertson County teams to beat Springfield this year. At the class they play in, even the teams that were not having great seasons in Springfield's Region still would be stiff competition for some of the county teams. The difference in the quality of teams in 1A to 4A is quite a bit, although it would be a money- maker for any of the county teams as was the case Friday night at Jo Byrns.

I dont think there was as many ppl at Jo Byrns this year then there was last year at East...just didn't seem like it but you were out in the stands, how did you think the crowds faired???

I dont think there was as many ppl at Jo Byrns this year then there was last year at East...just didn't seem like it but you were out in the stands, how did you think the crowds faired???

[/quote

I don't think East had near the crowd that they had last year and that is understandable not playing at home. I think Jo Byrns had several more than last year. Its hard to put a number on the attendance. It was a good crowd. I do know that the people that were there were loving the hamburgers. They sold more Friday night than ever before. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.

The Greenbrier vs Springfield match-up was always a great one for the county. It was always a huge gate and the games were entertaining. This all seemed to change when Greenbrier started winning consistently and Springfield dropped us from the schedule. Now that Offet has them somewhat back, he'll probably want to play again.

for some reason i would have disagree.. I think offutt is into playing 5a schools

They/he never seemed to have a problem with it when they thought that they could get the "W", make a good gate, and have bragging rights. The Cats and Jackets played for several years leading into the early 2000 years. The Cats beat a couple of strong Jackets teams (when Springfield has Babb, Bradley, etc.) and then Offutt dropped the game. He knew the Cats were going to be strong for a few more years and the Jackets were going through a rebuilding phase. The Jackets rebuilding years are now paying off and the Cats are in somewhat of a rebuilding mode. I think you'll see the game back on in a few years. From what I've heard, (although I can't confirm) Offutt has already asked for the game back. It would be good for both programs.