Melrose slips past Hamilton 16-8.

TraderB

Bad habits are hard to break and in the play-offs you don't get a second chance. Ridgeways 1st play-off game will be against the best team they have faced this year, Melrose will have to go deeper to play a better team than is on their schedule.

I think both teams are very good, but I don't think that they are as good as last year. My question is "Did the other play-off teams get better?"

Don't get me wrong, I want them both to bring it home. It would be fun for both of them to be in the final game. What a crowd Memphis would have that week-end. I would go early to watch Melrose and I'm sure alot of their fans would stay over to watch us.

When you lose players in the key positions such as these two teams (Ridgeway: Two Smartest and most technique sound offensive linemen who were both 3 year starters, Two leading tacklers, Veteran secondary who 3/4 were 3 year starters) and replace them with two OL who have never seen any real action, 3/4 new linebackers, and 3/4 new DB's) you are going to have problems at first. I would say Ridgewya's main problems would be the OL play and pass defense. The passing game will eventually be there if the OL gives the unpolished QB some time and the defense is alreayd tough and if the secondary gets better then watch out for a long playoff run again form the Roadrunners.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Ridgewya's main problems would be the OL play and pass defense. The passing game will eventually be there if the OL gives the unpolished QB some time and the defense is alreayd tough and if the secondary gets better then watch out for a long playoff run again form the Roadrunners.

I think the OL can give the qb some protection, if the coach puts 8 men on the line. Five people cann't block 8. Until this qb hits his receiver all we are going to see is 8 in the box. All Bolton did was send everyone on the snap, you have the stats. How many times was Crawford tackled behind the line??? More in that game then all of last year, or close to it.

To me the young man doesn't need to be takeing a 5 step drop. He gets nervious back there and then his throws are way off target. I know that he has threw 3 passes right in the hands of the other team this year, they just dropped them. Go back 3 and fire or roll out. Better yet, put Crawford out on the wing. The other team is just being told to hit #32, that should really throw them off!!!!!!!!!!

As for the defense, it is good and getting better. The secondary is small but fast. Just no way to make them grow 4 inches this season but until we come up against a passing team, one that block our dl, I'm not to worried.

I don't see a real test for us until the 2nd round, unless W/dale with their passing game fall to #4, then we may have a bump in the road...........

Bad habits are hard to break and in the play-offs you don't get a second chance. Ridgeways 1st play-off game will be against the best team they have faced this year, Melrose will have to go deeper to play a better team than is on their schedule.

I think both teams are very good, but I don't think that they are as good as last year. My question is "Did the other play-off teams get better?"

That's a very good point, PapaOfBoo!

Everything is relative, even in football. Melrose and Ridgeway are definitely not as good as last year, but.....those OTHER teams are still gonna' have to beat them. Do they have the "goods" to pull it off?

Anybody out there care to comment on the improvement/lack thereof of potential 1st & 2nd round opponents of Melrose & Ridgeway?

Ridgeway will definitely have tougher competition because of the quality of teams in 8-5A. I am guessing it will either be Whtiehaven or Wooddale because G'Town will be first and these 2 along with White Station will battle it out for the final three spots. Many people thought Wooddale would seriously test Ridgeway in the first round and got completely OBLITERATED by Ridgeway on both sides of the ball. And for all the talk about 8-5A being so much tougher than 7-5A remember that Millington beat Collierville last year in the first round...dotn be suprised if it happens again

That's a very good point, PapaOfBoo!

Everything is relative, even in football. Melrose and Ridgeway are definitely not as good as last year, but.....those OTHER teams are still gonna' have to beat them. Do they have the "goods" to pull it off?

Anybody out there care to comment on the improvement/lack thereof of potential 1st & 2nd round opponents of Melrose & Ridgeway?

Don't forget the much improved Henry Co. Patriots in 4A.