Briarcrest Football

It is not Coach Freeze's fault Ole Miss is so bad this year. When he left Briarcrest two years ago we were state champions. He is a great offensive mind and a very good coach. He can also coach girls basketball. Briarcrest won several girls state championships under Coach Freeze. One of his girls teams was ranked 9th in the country by USA Today at one time.

He is also an incredible recruiter...Ole Miss recruiting class is ranked 4th in the country (see Unapproved Website) with Freeze bringing in the majority of 3 and 4 star kids.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briarcrest is an embarrassment to div II AAA and should have never been put in that division. When they won their state title they did so in the weak AA conference. Maybe Briarcrest should go find some more "student" athletes from the inner city to help out there program since it seemed to work the first time.

Hey smart guy, Briarcrest missed the enrollment quota by roughly 25 kids and had no choice whether they could stay put or move up. You can thank/hate Harding and St. Benedict as the votes that help put them there two years. But as your name so clearly states, things for you AT A GLANCE. By the way how many state title rings have you got, no matter what the division it is still an accomplishment to be proud of.

Hey smart guy, Briarcrest missed the enrollment quota by roughly 25 kids and had no choice whether they could stay put or move up. You can thank/hate Harding and St. Benedict as the votes that help put them there two years. But as your name so clearly states, things for you AT A GLANCE. By the way how many state title rings have you got, no matter what the division it is still an accomplishment to be proud of.

Yes, It is obvious Ataglance is much smarter than you and well spoken. Sadly I do not see Briarcrest accomplishing anything in D2AAA anytime in the future.

He is also an incredible recruiter...Ole Miss recruiting class is ranked 4th in the country (see Unapproved Website) with Freeze bringing in the majority of 3 and 4 star kids.

Yes, kids that will undoubtedly lets see fail out, never graduate with any semblence of a degree, or get kicked off the team. I see how those three and four star kids have helped them to an incredible record as well!

I have two state title rings from the toughest division in the state, d2AAA. In fact, to go along with my two state title rings are two consecutive wins over Briarcrest. Any team that loses to St. George's should be banned from ever stepping on the field again. Also, if you're going to post please make it readable, i.e. "But as your name so clearly states, things for you AT A GLANCE."

I have two state title rings from the toughest division in the state, d2AAA. In fact, to go along with my two state title rings are two consecutive wins over Briarcrest. Any team that loses to St. George's should be banned from ever stepping on the field again. Also, if you're going to post please make it readable, i.e. "But as your name so clearly states, things for you AT A GLANCE."

lol, when you brought st. george in, you step on netherland's toes......st. george is coming along fine with a coach that has alot more wins than you when there were only 3 gold balls. only time will tell with netherland, and i know that st. george has the money....that is obvious.....watch jpii in the next few years...golden is only the beginning

From my understanding of the situation, the Headmaster at Briarcrest has severely limited the visibility( I'll refrain from using the r word) of the coaches in all sports. I've seen them on film and at the Bridges game this year, the talent level on the field is just not what it was a couple of year's ago. This coupled with the bump in classification, has been too much for them to handle. They had 2 highly qualified local candidates who wanted the job badly when coach Freeze left, but the headmaster chose to go outside the area to hire a coach. They key to winning in D2 AAA is more about committment to your program and getting athletes at your school than anything else, until the headmaster allows whoever is coaching them to do what needs to be done it is not going to matter.