USJ vs. Gibson County

TheMedicineMan

I think USJ get this win. But life in that region will continue to be hard for the Bruins.

Milan has been the best team in West Tennessee over over 25+ years, the reality check is harsh.

I agree, I think USJ will win, and AA will continue to be tough. I'm also agreeing with the fact that Milan has been one of, if not, the best in West Tenn.

Here's my question. If Milan is one of the best, and they are the "dominant" team, why are all the Milan fans wasting their time with USJ right now? They haven't "officially" won a AA game yet. Yet, all these fans can't seem to leave it all alone and get past USJ. If I were Milan fans there would be a whole heck of a lot more I'd be worried about than USJ right now. You might want to be worried about Huntington, Humboldt, then ALCOA, GOODPASTURE, CPA etc, because those three don't care who you are.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my question. If Milan is one of the best, and they are the "dominant" team, why are all the Milan fans wasting their time with USJ right now? They haven't "officially" won a AA game yet. Yet, all these fans can't seem to leave it all alone and get past USJ. If I were Milan fans there would be a whole heck of a lot more I'd be worried about than USJ right now. You might want to be worried about Huntington, Humboldt, then ALCOA, GOODPASTURE, CPA etc, because those three don't care who you are.

Thats a good question. And your statements are true. I think Milan fans are happy to get USJ in the region so that the Jackson Sun can quit touting them as the best team in West Tennessee ever. I also think it was about disrespect more than anything.

Edited by montague1

Thats a good question. And your statements are true. I think Milan fans are happy to get USJ in the region so that the Jackson Sun can quit touting them as the best team in West Tennessee ever. I also think it was about disrespect more than anything.

Did you ever consider that maybe those USJ teams were THAT good? Just look at the college talent that those teams produced: Illinois, Lehigh, Mississipi St., Oklahoma, Tennessee, MTSU, Samford, Murray St., not to mention several NAIA and D3 players or the guy now playing Major League Soccer.

A quick glance at past schedules on here shows that in 2001 USJ beat Hardin County 35 - 0. That year Hardin Co. made at to the second round of the 4A play-off's before losing to Wooddale by 2 points. That year's Hardin Co. team beat Lexington, Haywood, and others. And USJ beat them 35 - 0 WITHOUT an injured Franklin Payne. Tell me USJ wasn't that great. . .

Edited by KublahKD

Did you ever consider that maybe those USJ teams were THAT good? Just look at the college talent that those teams produced: Illinois, Lehigh, Mississipi St., Oklahoma, Tennessee, MTSU, Samford, Murray St., not to mention several NAIA and D3 players or the guy now playing Major League Soccer.

A quick glance at past schedules on here shows that in 2001 USJ beat Hardin County 35 - 0. That year Hardin Co. made at to the second round of the 4A play-off's before losing to Wooddale by 2 points. That year's Hardin Co. team beat Lexington, Haywood, and others. And USJ beat them 35 - 0 WITHOUT an injured Franklin Payne. Tell me USJ wasn't that great. . .

Milan's won 4 state championships 3 in AA 1 in AAA. We've made the playoffs 24 straight years. 35 of last 36 years. USJ PLAYED IN SINGLE A UP TILL LAST YEAR AND NEVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP. USJ's been a good A program but you can't compare yourselves to Milan.

No one from Milan cared a thing in the world about USJ until they came to Johnnie Hale and "played" the way they did.

Kublah..that was a very good post. (by the way you forgot Missouri..Alex Londe). USJ has had some very good teams. What I find amusing is that the folks in this 2A region seem to take great pride in beating a team that wouldn`t even have done well in their old 1A region. I mean look at all the folks on here from that 2A region that have been beating their chests claiming that they beat USJ. I thought this regionwas suppose to be full of great teams and yet they go on and on boasting about beating a team that may not have made the playoffs this year if they had been in their old region in 1A. If you ask me that`s pretty pathetic. USJ is down. It`s that simple. It`s not a matter of them moving to 2A, USJ is just not a good team right now. To hear folks come on here and say that they are playing real teams now is laughable.

Any reasonable football fan would admit that USJ has had some pretty good teams in the past. But any reasonable fan would also know that USJ has been very weak the last two years. What does it say when a 2A fan gloats when they beat a team that lost to TCA? Get real folks. :thumb:

It`s not a matter of them moving to 2A, USJ is just not a good team right now. To hear folks come on here and say that they are playing real teams now is laughable.

Count the gold footballs from the teams in this region (6), versus teams from their old region, and yes you can conclude that they are playing real teams now.

It will be interesting to see how the famed freshmen class at USJ does these next few years.