Tri-County Seven Football

krichunaka

*Statistics subject to human error.*

At first glimpse, things might not look all that good, overall. For now. But where are we headed? Who's Good? Who's on the verge of mediocrity? Who's plain-ole Ugly?

Cloudland: Very tough schedule. Looked vastly improved against North Greene. Great group of Sophomores, and their Junior High Team is very good.

Points Allowed: 124 Points Scored: 51

Elizabethton: Also over-scheduled, but it's more serious than the local sportspage indicates. The Cyclones have proven that, without their quarterback's scrambling ability, they cannot run the football. And though the stats will begin a favorable shift this week, this is still the Tri-County Seven's biggest, long-term question mark.

Points Allowed: 129 Points Scored: 48

Hampton: A very talented team. Sensational Runningback. Suspect Secondary? But very-well coached. They'll make the adjustments by Playoff time.

Points Allowed: 47 Points Scored: 172 *Very deceptive numbers. Bulldogs could've scored 300-plus.

Happy Valley: Young Team. Stan Ogg is one of the most optimistic coaches around. He'll have to be if the Warriors are to bounce back, but for now, they're in the middle of a very tough, rebuilding season.

Points Allowed: 149 Points Scored: 66

Johnson County: The 10-14 loss to Sullivan South suggests Johnson County is a good team. Games against East, North and Central are certainly winnable. Tennessee High will be a huge challenge. And the Final game in Elizabethton will be huge for both teams.

Points Allowed: 73 Points Scored: 148

Unaka: The Creek is rocking in anticipation of this week's game against the top-five Cosby Eagles - - - the Rangers last chance to beat a top-ten team before playoff time. A loss will bring out even more naysayers, however, Donald Ensor is in this for the long haul.

Points Allowed: 86 Points Scored: 95

Unicoi County: An overwhelming schedule for a team that hadn't won a game since forever. Like Ensor, Doug Cooper will stay the course and the Blue Devils will continue to improve. A good showing in Elizabethton would be a great morale booster.

Points Allowed: 169 Points Scored: 80

Comments?

Edited by krichunaka

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth... :lol:

Cloudland: Haven't quite been up to where they have been in the 90's through early 00's. They will continue to improve and find their way back into the winning tradition they are use to. They seem to be improving from week to week, but I'm not really sure what will unfold for the remainder of this season.

E-town: Also another team with deep tradition behind them. Again, they haven't been a stellar as they have been in the past. They seem to be having quite a rough season; looks like they need to get back to some fundamentals and get back quickly to turn around the remainder of their season. They must establish a running game....period.

Hampton: should run with the Region 1-1a title this year. They will more than likely be rolling until about the third round of the playoffs, if not longer. They have some very dangerous weapons on offense. JC will continue to have his boys ready for what lies ahead.

Happy Valley: Must continue to execute and improve for the following weeks ahead; seems to be a very, very long season for the Warriors. Just see what they can continue to do for the remainder of the season and focus one game at a time.

Johnson County: The 'Horns have had quite a solid season thus far. It seems like they have a good chance to win the remainder of their games if they continue to execute the way they have been doing. Big challenges, yes; Ability to stay toe to toe with the remaining teams, no where out of the question.

Unicoi: This team has come a long way from the Unicoi of the past couple of seasons. They have a very high powered offense; they will continue to improve under the new program and flex some muscle in the years to come. Keep with the success so far and they should turn some heads in some of these remaining games

Unaka: The Creekers continue to improve from year to year. They showed alot of promise from what I could see at the Hampton game. Better execution with a little bit more time consumption and it might've been alot closer than the scoreboard indicated. A huge game coming up against Cosby should determine the 2nd place team in the conference. A very dangerous defense. Keep it up Rangers.

Krich, give me a call sometime. We need to go to the El Torito's. For all of you that haven't been there yet, get down there. The best mexican food in this area.....absolutely fantastic.

We all should be greatful to Krich and all he does. Don't always agree with what he says but I believe he trys to be honest. Looks like he is questioning Hamptons secondary, the secondary looks strong to me, at this point in the season,they probably have more interceptions than they've ever had. I don't think they could defend the Colts,but they don't have to play them this season.

We all should be greatful to Krich and all he does. Don't always agree with what he says but I believe he trys to be honest. Looks like he is questioning Hamptons secondary, the secondary looks strong to me, at this point in the season,they probably have more interceptions than they've ever had. I don't think they could defend the Colts,but they don't have to play them this season.

I think ya'll could give the Colts a run for their money. And we actually agree more than disagree. Loved being in Roan Mountain last Friday night. We had amazing numbers for the Saturday morning replay.

And Cosby Fans . . . .Be safe tonight. And for those in Cosby, and Worldwide, that cannot attend, the game with the Rangers will be tonight's Live Broadcast . . . .And the 11:00 Replay tomorrow morning.

Edited by krichunaka

Hampton's secondary will continue to be questioned until...............we hold someone to 0 completions on 100 attempts. Our secondayry, which consists of Lyons, Milhorn, Lunsford, Townsend, depending on what D they are running, is by far the best it has ever been. And I think that they made that turnaround last year playing Happy Valley. With Caldwell at QB and all his great Recievers, we went in there and held our own, with a bunch of sophomores. We were tested throughout the playoffs until running into a buzzsaw Trousdale County. This year, Jellico, Unicoi, just to name a couple, and oh yeah, Unaka, tried their fate against our secondary. WE have been tested and we have passed. C'mon Krich, tell me why it is questionable????????? :lol: It is almost like saying our running game is questionable. :lol: