Knoxville Webb @ Knoxville Catholic

SliderSport

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just happend to be up in Johnson City and got to catch the end of the Catholic vs Webb game. That call on Webb was garbage....

I was able to catch the last part of the game on CSS. That call on Webb was horrible. How can an official make that call in overtime? Terrible officiating! It shouldn't have even been called in the first place, much less with the situation that both teams were in.

I was able to catch the last part of the game on CSS. That call on Webb was horrible. How can an official make that call in overtime? Terrible officiating! It shouldn't have even been called in the first place, much less with the situation that both teams were in.

I agree. That player had better dropped some major profanities in order to get a 15-yarder in that situation because the physicial actions warranted nothing. Bad ending to a really good football game.

I know you guys don't like the ending, but it's just stupid to blame the officials without knowing what Beeler said. For all you know, he threated to rape and murder Hartman's mother. Wait for the morning paper, THEN make your judgement. To do anything else is just dumb.

Really? Dumb? I've seen the tape and if he got more than two words out I'd be surprised. What would be even more surprising is if the official actually heard him. Look, I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm not a fan of either team. I'm saying that you can't make a call like that in overtime. If he pulled a "Haynesworth" that would be a different story. I'll call a spade a spade; and that was a cheap call....

I have the game on tape. You guys are blind. There was plenty of time for Beeler to get words out, and the official was definately close enough to hear anything he said. HOWEVER, the News-Sentinel claims that the flag was for a post-play shove, and if that's the case, it was certainly a bad call. There was a shove, but not nearly enough of one to call that penalty.

I have the game on tape. You guys are blind. There was plenty of time for Beeler to get words out, and the official was definately close enough to hear anything he said. HOWEVER, the News-Sentinel claims that the flag was for a post-play shove, and if that's the case, it was certainly a bad call. There was a shove, but not nearly enough of one to call that penalty.

You claim we're blind, but agree that it was a bad call. Which is it? BTW, I never claimed that the official heard what Beeler said, if indeed he said anything? The paper is saying it was for a shove. There's no question that it was a bad call...PERIOD!