Science Hill @ Jefferson County

topvol98

It would be nice to keep this thread about the game. I'm not in a position to talk about who should be heading the program but it's more than about this season, it's about the direction. If someone wants to start that thread then do it but if not I would like to see some talk of the game on this one.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to keep this thread about the game. I'm not in a position to talk about who should be heading the program but it's more than about this season, it's about the direction. If someone wants to start that thread then do it but if not I would like to see some talk of the game on this one.

I think running the veer offense (Coach Turner's version) would give Jeff County fits! Just like it did in the early '90's.

It’s been quiet in the Topper camp this week. It will be interesting to see what happens in Dandridge Friday night.

I agree.....watched some of practice yesterday evening. It sure seems like they do a whole lot of "standing around" during the situational part of practice. Seems very slow and dull. I know when I was around the Riverdale program, they always had the non-starters involved in other drills so as to keep EVERYONE involved. JMHO

Is it lack of players or the coaching at JC?

I am a Kingsport fan first off. Johnson City is the biggest City east of Knoxville. The Hilltoppers have more Athletes than anybody in Region 1, Male or Female, year after year. There is not a Friday Nights Lights attitude in JC.. Basketball.. yes... not Football. Therefore, the Coaching is not top shelf, the fans are not top shelf, and the expectations are not top shelf. In Basketball, all of those things are top shelf.

DB #1 Seed

Seveir Co. vs Bearden winner #2 Seed

Looser of tha game #3 Seed

Whoever looses to Ooltewah in Round 1, the #4 Seed

Giddy Up!!

I am a Kingsport fan first off. Johnson City is the biggest City east of Knoxville. The Hilltoppers have more Athletes than anybody in Region 1, Male or Female, year after year. There is not a Friday Nights Lights attitude in JC.. Basketball.. yes... not Football. Therefore, the Coaching is not top shelf, the fans are not top shelf, and the expectations are not top shelf. In Basketball, all of those things are top shelf.

DB #1 Seed

Seveir Co. vs Bearden winner #2 Seed

Looser of tha game #3 Seed

Whoever looses to Ooltewah in Round 1, the #4 Seed

Giddy Up!!

As usual someone from db offering there opnion, JC in that question means Jefferson County. All hail the great regular season champion of tennessee high school football, the atlanta braves of the tssaa (oops at least the braves have on championship to show for their dominance), etc. etc.

Edited by topvol98

I won't comment again on the HillToppers mediocre Football Program... until the last week of the season when DB pins the 13 straight L in a row on 'em. :thumb:

Roll Tribe Roll

That's all I ask, in due time.....then you won't have nothing to brag about when the rest of the sports season begins.......big ups to the Topper golfers for their runner up finish at the state tournament