Stand by your team, Centennial!

preds

After another tough loss last night, the Centennial Cougars are now 0-6, their worst start since their first year of varsity in 1997. What saddens me more is the declining state of the school spirit. My freshman year, we were considered the most loyal and loudest fans in Williamson County. Now the crowds are quickly diminishing into a small section of fans. Look guys, no matter what our record, we have a team that gives heart and soul Monday through Friday to put on a show for us. The least you could do is show up and let the team know that the students are behind them. I know we have a lot of problems (gregory) but no matter who play, we have a 50/50 chance of winning. So to all of you quick-to-judge, bandwagon football fans at Centennial, take pride in your school, get wild during games, and let your team know you're behind them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After another tough loss last night, the Centennial Cougars are now 0-6, their worst start since their first year of varsity in 1997. What saddens me more is the declining state of the school spirit. My freshman year, we were considered the most loyal and loudest fans in Williamson County. Now the crowds are quickly diminishing into a small section of fans. Look guys, no matter what our record, we have a team that gives heart and soul Monday through Friday to put on a show for us. The least you could do is show up and let the team know that the students are behind them. I know we have a lot of problems (gregory) but no matter who play, we have a 50/50 chance of winning. So to all of you quick-to-judge, bandwagon football fans at Centennial, take pride in your school, get wild during games, and let your team know you're behind them.

I agree that every school should support their team, but maybe if no one comes to the games Sharder will get the hint that he needs to do something about their coach. It's time for Gregory to retire.

I agree that every school should support their team, but maybe if no one comes to the games Sharder will get the hint that he needs to do something about their coach. It's time for Gregory to retire.

iT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM AND SUPPORT THEM. YOUR TEAM HAS ALOT OF TALENT ON IT. ALOT OF SPEED. HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHY THEY RUN UP THE MIDDLE WITH SO MUCH SPEED. OUTSIDE LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD WORK BETTER. WHO IS NUMBER 17 AND WHAT GRADE IS HE KEEP YOUR HEADS UP :angry:

I remeber last year when Blackman went though this same exact problem and is goin through it still. I know how hard the teams work and it just doesnt show on Friday nights for some teams. It takes just one win for the crowd to come back. Thats what happened to us this year. Our crowd is back to ALMOST full compacity. It made us mad when we ccame out there on the field on Friday and there was nobody there. Just give them a reason to come and they will. But to the fans...Its you team...Its HIGHSCHOOOLL!! You only live it once. If you dont come to the game to watch it but have fun..then come and have fun! It dont matter. Just OCASSIONALLY cheer for a good play.

...Thats all

You can't cheer when there's nothing to cheer for...

The loss to Northeast is probably the all-time low in the history of the program. When you lose your homecoming game, you lose a lot of fans because people expect to at least win the homecoming game. Since that game is supposed to be the most winnable of the season, it also makes the rest of the season look very bleak because in theory if you can't win against the homecoming opponent, you probably won't win at all.

That isn't entirely fair, but that's how people think. Exceptions obviously exist, especially with a situation like Franklin-Brentwood last night--Franklin scheduled a tough team for homecoming.

Is centennial really that bad? When i went to Southern Ice this weekend in Franklin i drove by Centennial and thought, "Wow" it looks like such a nice school with LOTS of spirit, (the cougar heads everywhere..etc) How many students do they have? It just seems like a school that nice would have a very strongly supported football team.