UC vs. Mckenzie

#1contender

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duckman,

Region 7-A will be on the road in the quarterfinals unless two teams from our region play one another. In that case then then higher seed would be at home.The semi-finals would be at home for our region.

Thanks man. See ya' in about a week!!!!! We just might have to have another pre-game end zone meetin' or something this year for the coachT folks. Ya'll are like us, you'd rather be at home but, we'll play wherever we have to to stay in the hunt!!!!

The only words anybody needs to know is BRETT WHITE. Union City's QB will run and throw all over Mckenzie's defense Friday. Mckenzie has NOT seen a QB of this caliber since Vince Young. Some people say he reminds them of a young Donovan Mcnabb. Mckenzie will have trouble dealing with White's 4.3 speed. On a side note, Lucas Flood will make a HUGE difference in the young UC team. He is by far, the best defensive player on the team, and maybe the best 1A linebacker in the state.

Thanks for the warning. I mean, we haven't seen any good athletes so far or anything. Heck, Trenton doesn't have anything, they are just lucky I guess. Huntingdon's Chris Donald is just an average or so-so linebacker!! Every team we've played has had a speed back so far. Naaaaaah, we haven't seen any talent so far. Lace 'em up tight UC. We're on the way over there as we speak for a visit.

Good Luck!!

tha' duck

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only words anybody needs to know is BRETT WHITE. Union City's QB will run and throw all over Mckenzie's defense Friday. Mckenzie has NOT seen a QB of this caliber since Vince Young. Some people say he reminds them of a young Donovan Mcnabb. Mckenzie will have trouble dealing with White's 4.3 speed. On a side note, Lucas Flood will make a HUGE difference in the young UC team. He is by far, the best defensive player on the team, and maybe the best 1A linebacker in the state.

PS----We know UC has a good team. I'm not trying to start anything with you either. Just don't assume that this Rebel team hasn't been tested by some really good talent this season. We expect a good game and UC's A game but, we'll show up to play and we won't throw every down either. Later.

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No one from McKenzie doubts that Union City has a good football program. McKenzie Rebels also have a good football program. Good luck to both teams and hopefully no one will get injured. Flood may be a good linebacker but I seriously doubt he is the best in the state.

Go Rebels..............MRP :thumb:

McKenzie Rebels 41

Union City 21

MRP :thumb:

The score really doesn't indicate how good McKenzie is even with the score being 21 - 21 at half time.. They really controlled most of the second half. They beat Union City in all stats tonight. They are VERY well balanced and I want to warn the Lake County bunch that Mckenzie probably will handle your team with ease as well. They are really big up front and have one of the best Quarterbacks in the state and only a junior. You have to take into consideration of his line ( Which sometimes gave him 4 to 8 seconds to throw ) and his receivers or all back from last year which they have 3 good one. This all makes for a good throwing quarterback for them. Union City scored on 2 turnovers by Mckenzie in the first half and then scored another T D. Union City did have the ball on the 5 yard line ( 2 ) different times , once in the first half with just under a minute to go and then again in the 3rd quarter and didn't score either time. Bracey was hard on the Rebels and they really couldn't match his speed and quickness. Union City was finally wore down by the BIG McKenzie Senior linemen. This game was won by McKenzie controlling in the trenches. I would say they are the best balanced team and overall best we have played so far this year outside of Milan and that would be close.

McKenzie should go well into the playoffs barring no injuries.

Union City may be a little down this year and another year to come with young players, but remember " Union City Doesn't Rebuild, They Re-load"

Go U C !!!!

O.K....U.C where do you go from here???...Dominated up front by a non private,rural West Tennessee 1A program...Is this what it has come down to??..UC will be favored in its final three games and will wind up the regular season at 7-3 with an asterisk beside it's record....UC will host a first round playoff game and play one of the Jackson private schools,either which the Tornadoes would be an underdog....I believe I'm right in saying that UC hasn't lost an opening round playoff game since 1988 and it could very well happen in 2006 in 1A football....Unbelievable... :(

The score really doesn't indicate how good McKenzie is even with the score being 21 - 21 at half time.. They really controlled most of the second half. They beat Union City in all stats tonight. They are VERY well balanced and I want to warn the Lake County bunch that Mckenzie probably will handle your team with ease as well. They are really big up front and have one of the best Quarterbacks in the state and only a junior. You have to take into consideration of his line ( Which sometimes gave him 4 to 8 seconds to throw ) and his receivers or all back from last year which they have 3 good one. This all makes for a good throwing quarterback for them. Union City scored on 2 turnovers by Mckenzie in the first half and then scored another T D. Union City did have the ball on the 5 yard line ( 2 ) different times , once in the first half with just under a minute to go and then again in the 3rd quarter and didn't score either time. Bracey was hard on the Rebels and they really couldn't match his speed and quickness. Union City was finally wore down by the BIG McKenzie Senior linemen. This game was won by McKenzie controlling in the trenches. I would say they are the best balanced team and overall best we have played so far this year outside of Milan and that would be close.

McKenzie should go well into the playoffs barring no injuries.

Union City may be a little down this year and another year to come with young players, but remember " Union City Doesn't Rebuild, They Re-load"

Go U C !!!!

ucdiditagain,

Thanks for your appraisal of our Rebels. You said what most of us feel about this Rebel team but, we'll let the team do most of the talking with their performance on the field. UC's bunch will be very tough next season for any of us to handle.

Bracey is a LOAD to handle. Don't think I've ever seen a back that can keep their balance and feet under them like he can. He's strong for his size, quick and fast to go with all that. Amazing!!!!!!

The Rebels are big up front for sure and the conditioning of this Rebel team is at a very high level to go with the size!! That's pretty much the same problem Huntingdon had with us. We ran 'em to death in the first half and then some more in the 3d quarter before setteling into a brutal running attack.

Did I mention that we're proud of the Rebels!? One game at a time ya'll..............Let's get ready for a "dog fight at the 'Foot".

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O.K....U.C where do you go from here???...Dominated up front by a non private,rural West Tennessee 1A program...Is this what it has come down to??..UC will be favored in its final three games and will wind up the regular season at 7-3 with an asterisk beside it's record....UC will host a first round playoff game and play one of the Jackson private schools,either which the Tornadoes would be an underdog....I believe I'm right in saying that UC hasn't lost an opening round playoff game since 1988 and it could very well happen in 2006 in 1A football....Unbelievable... :(

UC has a pretty decent team this season. True, there are some high quality privates in 8A that we'll all have to face in week 1 of the playoffs. Bracey alone is enough to not write UC off if he's healthy then. He's as tough a RB as I've seen to bring down play after play.

UC surely doesn't deserve dogging after the performance I saw from them tonight. They left it all on the field and that's the mark of a quality program. next season, they'll be hard for any of us to handle unless I miss my guess.

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

UC has a pretty decent team this season. True, there are some high quality privates in 8A that well all have to face in week 1 of the playoffs. Bracey alone is enough to not write UC off if he's healthy then. He's as tough a RB as I've seen to bring down play after play.

UC surely doesn't deserve dogging after the performance I saw from them tonight. They left it all on the field and that's the mark of a quality program.

That's nice of you to say,but to be honest,with the success this program has had and the bar it has raised,losing to McKenzie isn't where the Union City program wants to be..

I do think McKenzie is this years Union City of last year...The Rebels could very well play for a state championship and there is no dominating Trousdale County on the horizon...

Good Luck to the Rebels....

Work hard Tornadoes,take pride in your program and fight back!!!!

By The Way..McKenzie fans..What did you think of the field and facilities????

That's nice of you to say,but to be honest,with the success this program has had and the bar it has raised,losing to McKenzie isn't where the Union City program wants to be..

I do think McKenzie is this years Union City of last year...The Rebels could very well play for a state championship and there is no dominating Trousdale County on the horizon...

Good Luck to the Rebels....

Work hard Tornadoes,take pride in your program and fight back!!!!

By The Way..McKenzie fans..What did you think of the field and facilities????

I predict that UC will be back on track pretty soon. I hope McKenzie stays on track as well but, we lose quite a few good seniors after this season so we'll see what happens next. Sooner or later EVERY program has to go thru a re-build. Some of us more often than others but, we still all have to do it sometime.

As for the field and facilities, we've played there before back in class 2A so it wasn't a new thing for a lot of us. The field and facilities are very nice though compared to several others we play at. It wouldn't hurt if the bathrooms were bigger though. McKenzie finally broke down a couple of years ago and built a new bathroom facility at our field and it's huge compared to the one at UC but, overall the facility at UC gets an A.