CLINTON AND LENIOR CITY

NOGARDNAF

WHAT D-1 PROSPECT DID WE HAVE?.........I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE PREVIOUS COACHES AND YES THEY WON SOME GAMES. DID YOU EVER WATCH THE PRACTICES WHILE THOSE COACHES WERE THERE THE LAST TWO YEARS? NO...THERE WAS NONE KIDS STANDING AND THE ASSISTANT COACHES HUDDLED TOGETHER. THE KIDS ARE PRACTING HARD AND I HAVEN'T HEARD OUR COACHES SAY ANYTHING ANY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER COACHES.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT D-1 PROSPECT DID WE HAVE?.........I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE PREVIOUS COACHES AND YES THEY WON SOME GAMES. DID YOU EVER WATCH THE PRACTICES WHILE THOSE COACHES WERE THERE THE LAST TWO YEARS? NO...THERE WAS NONE KIDS STANDING AND THE ASSISTANT COACHES HUDDLED TOGETHER. THE KIDS ARE PRACTING HARD AND I HAVEN'T HEARD OUR COACHES SAY ANYTHING ANY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER COACHES.

Nick Raby, he's 6'6" 300+ and was starting to get recruited by everyone. Have you been near a sideline at all this year? At home games, Clinton faithful have kids sitting behind the sidelines and coaches are dropping f-bombs like crazy. I am just saying, you can be a good coach and a positive role model with character. No coach I have ever had has talked to me that way, if they did, I would have probably not played hard for them. You think that earns the respect of the players? I don't see the improvement when we have scored 70 points in 6 games and given up 152. That's an average of 25-11 which is skewed because of CC! I want the kids to succeed as much as anyone I just think that all of the excuses are getting old. We are not a young team anymore, one Freshman, 2 Sophomores starting, the rest Juniors and Seniors. Sounds like we should have some veteran leadership by now.

I dont know what team you are talking about, I aint in the mood to read it all, but if you are talking about Clinton, you have lost your mind! Our coaches would never be that way, and yes, I am behind the sideline every game!! Maybe a little loudness, but that is all. I dont know who will win this one, and I dont really care, I will be there, and if they dont win, it will be the last one for me this season!!!!

It is so sad that the guys at Clinton and the entire city pride have been brought down by this horrible football program. I want you Clinton fans to point out where the improvements have been over the past three years? Name them? Do you guys want to win football games or sing the praises of one of your own who continues to fail? I don't get it. Lenior City will win this one and Clinton will finish 1-9 again this season. A program can be turned around quicker than three years. It's not like every team doesn't change players every three years anyway. It's high school not the pro's. Kids come and go at all schools but at Clinton you must need several generations to improve. I think Coach S needs to send a gift to the Campbell County coach for keeping his record just above Coach Cattlet's final mark. Open your eyes and see that 1-9 isn't improvement but the same old same old.

Ya wanna know what is really sad... are over concerned adults who commit all there time bashing a town, and there football program because we loose... woopdy doo... you arent looking at the big picture here... the big picture is this... clinton is a rebuliding prgoram... and YOU my friend cant say that we arent becasue we have no where else to go but up... we've seen our worst years... who cares if we win or loose it's not the end of the world... OPEN YOUR EYES and see that it isnt always about who wins... or who goes undefeted... or who gets that state championship... we are kids... like you said... so STOP TREATING HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LIKE THE NFL... oh i also just prooved you of contradicting yourself Jacka__

Edited by He~Hate~Me

I think you all are the one's that don't know what you are talking about. Do one of two things: Listen or ask the kids. People aren't always what they seem. Nick did not quit until this year in the pre-season. And yes, he was a prospect, most 6'6" 300 pounders are. :thumb:

To get this straight I am in no way downing Shattuck, let me say that he is a good man and I think the kids like him. It is some of the other coaches that talk down/cuss the kids. At some point though Andy needs to regain control of what is happening because it is ultimately HIS program. I am all about the kids so let's redirect this to the game. My hope is that Clinton will win. It is homecoming and the last game that will be competitive. Lenoir City, at the beginning of the season, looked like an easy win. At this point, with Clinton back to their old ways, who knows. You will not hear from me anymore, no predictions. Go Dragons!!!

FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD NICK (6'6" 300LBS) DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL. I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT SIZE YOU ARE IF YOUR HEART ISN'T IN IT THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER. THE COMMUNITY SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE EFFORT AND COMMITTMENT OF THESE YOUNG MEN, IT SHOULDN'T BE BASED ON WINNING OR LOSING. IT'S EASY TO BE PART OF A CHAMPIONSHIP OR EVEN JUST A WINNING TEAM BUT TO REMAIN DEDICATED TO SOMETHING YOU LOVE EVEN WHEN THINGS AREN'T ALL ROSES IS SOMETHING TO BE COMMENDED.

KEEP PUSHING DRAGONS AND KNOW THAT WE ARE BEHIND YOU GUYS AND WILL BE WIN OR LOSE.

Ya wanna know what is really sad... are over concerned adults who commit all there time bashing a town, and there football program because we loose... woopdy doo... you arent looking at the big picture here... the big picture is this... clinton is a rebuliding prgoram... and YOU my friend cant say that we arent becasue we have no where else to go but up... we've seen our worst years... who cares if we win or loose it's not the end of the world... OPEN YOUR EYES and see that it isnt always about who wins... or who goes undefeted... or who gets that state championship... we are kids... like you said... so STOP TREATING HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LIKE THE NFL... oh i also just prooved you of contradicting yourself Jacka__

If the score board is turned on then it does matter. It matters to the fans to the student body to the football players and to the town. These guys spend 30+ hrs a week busting there butts to win dont tell them it doesnt matter. "clinton is a rebuliding prgoram" give me a break we have been rebuilding for 6 years look if you have a car and the motor needed rebuilt every year what would you do? After two or three times you would get a new car. HS programs shouldnt haft to rebuild look at Maryville Fulton Alcoa Central why dont they rebuild? I hate to pick on HS kids but lets face it Clinton High School football team has "0" no talent at all and you add that to a coaching staff who will never be acused of out coaching anybody and you get a 1-9 season year after year. Until the talent level comes up dont expect any thing else.

CHSDRAGON, ANYONE WHO PUTS THAT MUCH TIME IN OF COURSE THEY WANT TO WIN (LYING IF THEY SAY THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT)HOWEVER, FOR YOU TO SAY THERE IS NO TALENT IS BS. I CAN NAME SEVERAL THAT HAVE TALENT. WHAT IS YOUR BEEF EXACTLY WITH THE MIDDLE SCHOOL? YOU JUST DON'T SEEM HAPPY AT ALL AND VERY CRITICAL OF THE PROGRAMS...HAVE YOU BEEN DIRECTLY AFFECTED OR ARE YOU JUST A SPECTATOR OF THE GAMES?

HEY DRAGOONS AND COONHUNTER WHERE ARE YOU?

CHSDRAGON, ANYONE WHO PUTS THAT MUCH TIME IN OF COURSE THEY WANT TO WIN (LYING IF THEY SAY THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT)HOWEVER, FOR YOU TO SAY THERE IS NO TALENT IS BS. I CAN NAME SEVERAL THAT HAVE TALENT. WHAT IS YOUR BEEF EXACTLY WITH THE MIDDLE SCHOOL? YOU JUST DON'T SEEM HAPPY AT ALL AND VERY CRITICAL OF THE PROGRAMS...HAVE YOU BEEN DIRECTLY AFFECTED OR ARE YOU JUST A SPECTATOR OF THE GAMES?

HEY DRAGOONS AND COONHUNTER WHERE ARE YOU?

NOGARDNAF,

Whats up with the capital spelling? In computer (forum) land, it is the same as shouting!! Turn your caps off!!! :lol: