CLINTON AND LENIOR CITY

NOGARDNAF

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHSDRAGON, ANYONE WHO PUTS THAT MUCH TIME IN OF COURSE THEY WANT TO WIN (LYING IF THEY SAY THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT)HOWEVER, FOR YOU TO SAY THERE IS NO TALENT IS BS. I CAN NAME SEVERAL THAT HAVE TALENT. WHAT IS YOUR BEEF EXACTLY WITH THE MIDDLE SCHOOL? YOU JUST DON'T SEEM HAPPY AT ALL AND VERY CRITICAL OF THE PROGRAMS...HAVE YOU BEEN DIRECTLY AFFECTED OR ARE YOU JUST A SPECTATOR OF THE GAMES?

HEY DRAGOONS AND COONHUNTER WHERE ARE YOU?

I Went to school and have lived in clinton my entire life 30yrs I have played football since I was 5years old until i was 19 years old i have been to 95% of all home games since I graduated I have been on winning teams and losing teams I know A.S. pretty good he would be the first to tell you that theres no talent there. There are kids who have nature talent then theres kids who work there butts off for talent. Clinton has neither. The days of your best football player is also your best basketball player and baseball player is over. you cannot compete in 4A football unless you work your but off starting Jan 1 The majority of the kids at Clinton are not willing to do that. You cannot develope talent by working 3mths out of the year it will not work.

I have know beef with the middle school program. I played ball with scotty I think hes one of the best coaches around but my problem is they build such high expectations that A.S. or anybody else can fill. If the middle school went out and played Powell, Halls Central , Maryville and beat them, then I would feel different but until then dont convince the parents of these kids that they are the best in the State.

I guess if I were you I would save my money on Friday Nights and stay home. I will say that we don't have the speed we need, but there is some talent on the team. For you to say there is No talent is ridiculous. I also will strongly disagree that these kids don't work hard to improve. While I will and do support our coaches there has been shared fault in the losses this year.

I Went to school and have lived in clinton my entire life 30yrs I have played football since I was 5years old until i was 19 years old i have been to 95% of all home games since I graduated I have been on winning teams and losing teams I know A.S. pretty good he would be the first to tell you that theres no talent there. There are kids who have nature talent then theres kids who work there butts off for talent. Clinton has neither. The days of your best football player is also your best basketball player and baseball player is over. you cannot compete in 4A football unless you work your but off starting Jan 1 The majority of the kids at Clinton are not willing to do that. You cannot develope talent by working 3mths out of the year it will not work.

I have know beef with the middle school program. I played ball with scotty I think hes one of the best coaches around but my problem is they build such high expectations that A.S. or anybody else can fill. If the middle school went out and played Powell, Halls Central , Maryville and beat them, then I would feel different but until then dont convince the parents of these kids that they are the best in the State.

Clinton hasnt been rebuilding for 6 years... first off... They started rebuilding after catlic had a 0-10 or whatever it was season... Scotty was a good QB i must say... he's my cousin... but thats besides the point... we do have talent... little talent, but talent is there... now maybe our football team would be doing better if they had positive clinton fans posting about them, instead of people like you bashing our program...... but Clinton is doing better.. this year isnt over... and after friday clinton could finish with a 2-8 record... and that is better than 1-9 right?? or what do i know... you seem to have your facts str8 so i'll give you the privelage now to continue on about how Clinton will never be as good as they have been

If the score board is turned on then it does matter. It matters to the fans to the student body to the football players and to the town. These guys spend 30+ hrs a week busting there butts to win dont tell them it doesnt matter. "clinton is a rebuliding prgoram" give me a break we have been rebuilding for 6 years look if you have a car and the motor needed rebuilt every year what would you do? After two or three times you would get a new car. HS programs shouldnt haft to rebuild look at Maryville Fulton Alcoa Central why dont they rebuild? I hate to pick on HS kids but lets face it Clinton High School football team has "0" no talent at all and you add that to a coaching staff who will never be acused of out coaching anybody and you get a 1-9 season year after year. Until the talent level comes up dont expect any thing else.

Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa, and Central never had a coach take them from finish in the top of there region to dead last... now if i'm wrong please let me know... thanks... and i am part of the student body... and you are wrong it does not matter... if we loose or win... it's still fun... i love watching our football team play win or loose... and if our town didnt then we wouldnt have as big of a turn out as we do every friday night... and if our football team didnt enjoy playing then they wouldnt strap up and spend 30+ hours a week busting there butts...

Maryville, Fulton, Alcoa, and Central never had a coach take them from finish in the top of there region to dead last... now if i'm wrong please let me know... thanks... and i am part of the student body... and you are wrong it does not matter... if we loose or win... it's still fun... i love watching our football team play win or loose... and if our town didnt then we wouldnt have as big of a turn out as we do every friday night... and if our football team didnt enjoy playing then they wouldnt strap up and spend 30+ hours a week busting there butts...

To let you know 4 or 5 years ago Alcoa was 2-8 and Buck Coatney at Fulton didnt have a winning record until his 3 or 4 year Im sure before every game there coaches told them "NOW GUYS DONT WORRY ABOUT WINNING JUST GO OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN OK"

if it doesnt matter why do they have a score board why do the have refrees, why do they charge 6.00 to get in to watch why do they practice everyday why do they pay coaches Why did they run Catlitt off why? Why was Andy told to replace his staff last year? Why do they have cheerleaders, why does WYSH broadcast games why does the newspaper print the scores and why was some of the players crying after the AC game i have plenty more whys when you get done with that.

Now if HE HATE ME is a girl I totally see why you would say it doesnt matter but if you are a guy then you need to go up to Casey Chapman or Chase and tell them it dont matter if they win or not just have fun.

Dont ever tell a football player or coach that it dont matter

I guess if I were you I would save my money on Friday Nights and stay home. I will say that we don't have the speed we need, but there is some talent on the team. For you to say there is No talent is ridiculous. I also will strongly disagree that these kids don't work hard to improve. While I will and do support our coaches there has been shared fault in the losses this year.

OK their is some talent. I admitt to that but nowhere near what a 4A school should have I will say this Clinton coaches does a great job at hidding Talent.

When will this "Hard work " pay off next year right.

Until then GO AC!!

Nick Raby, he's 6'6" 300+ and was starting to get recruited by everyone. Have you been near a sideline at all this year? At home games, Clinton faithful have kids sitting behind the sidelines and coaches are dropping f-bombs like crazy. I am just saying, you can be a good coach and a positive role model with character. No coach I have ever had has talked to me that way, if they did, I would have probably not played hard for them. You think that earns the respect of the players? I don't see the improvement when we have scored 70 points in 6 games and given up 152. That's an average of 25-11 which is skewed because of CC! I want the kids to succeed as much as anyone I just think that all of the excuses are getting old. We are not a young team anymore, one Freshman, 2 Sophomores starting, the rest Juniors and Seniors. Sounds like we should have some veteran leadership by now.

I don't know who told you why Raby quit. But I have talked with the people closest to him (his family) I have been aquainted with them for many years. I will not go into to details but this stuff you are spewing and what they say is totally different. Get your facts straight before you post.

Also I am at every Clinton game and have yet to hear the f word from the coaches so I would watch that talk also.

Edited by don222

I agree 100% dragon. The biggest injustice being done to our middle school players right now is convincing them that they won a state championship. What they accomplished was wonderful but it is a far cry from any kind of state championship.

Funny thing is....

Lenoir City had one of their best games last week against West right after a number of starters got suspended from the team to include key offensive & defensive players. It really is very confusing to me.

I think LC will win IF Cusick has a decent passing game & IF the D plays above average.

One way or another. I will be there dressed in my Panther Orange & Black which will most likely be covered up by a thick coat, lol.

Good luck to both teams... Go Panthers!

Slightly off subject, I think coach White is a really good coach, too many people are giving him too much sh*t, yes, the record is terrible, it deffinetly dose not reflect the skill & talent that these boys play with. There have been huge hurddles that coach White & his Panthers have had to jump through this year, yet they continue to improve week after week. Yeah, this was a bad year, but this year isn't over yet, & next year will supprise a lot of people.

Joseph

Oh yeah, am I the only freking Lenoir City fan that posts on here???

Edited by jcsat2000

I agree 100% dragon. The biggest injustice being done to our middle school players right now is convincing them that they won a state championship. What they accomplished was wonderful but it is a far cry from any kind of state championship.

:( I am not really sure I really understand the issue. The middle school championship is not a state championship just a championship within the area and teams that they play. I really don't see why this is an injustice. Please explain this. I don't think you were the one that said there is no talent or that A.S. hides it well, there are several players with talent (Ollis, Allen, Acres, Chapman, Frye's, Hazelhurst, Hood, Hester, and several JV and Freshmen (Sharpe, Willard, CJ and more) will and to the talent.