Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

Ashlon Adams and Josh Odem for Science Hill and Corey Young (and possibly) Matt McClellan for THS and Malcolm Pinkston for Powel Valley will all start. Spencer Bailey and Larry Smith will see Varsity time at Science Hill. Julian Smith from Elizabethton and Austin Click for Central will dress varsity.

Some of the guys I cannot comment on, because I don't know. The SH guys are the best of the group you mentioned. Seen Pinkston play at GC 3 on 3, needs to stick to football. Don't remember the Young kid from TH, last year. But I do remember McClellan (BLOUNTVILLE KID), "will struggle this year". Austin Click is no longer at Central.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those are the starters then they better go to the bench very early in the game to compete with most of the teams in the Big 9 this year. They will need more size to deal with South and the Hill...and Josef and Coty are great competitors but if Morgan has any senesce, Justin aka “The Future” should get a lot of PT this year! Seeing the lineup just reassure to me that this is the year of the HILL!! :)

Please once the season is over, lets all take a good look at this post. I guess I'm a little late on the size thing, but DB is going to be stacked. I don't see many teams getting close to DB, despite my bias toward Central. If any team has a lot of questions about upcoming season it would be Science Hill. Central has some questions, but Coach Vaughn will have this team ready come season time.

Some of the guys I cannot comment on, because I don't know. The SH guys are the best of the group you mentioned. Seen Pinkston play at GC 3 on 3, needs to stick to football. Don't remember the Young kid from TH, last year. But I do remember McClellan (BLOUNTVILLE KID), "will struggle this year". Austin Click is no longer at Central.

The Science Hill kids probably wont start. I dont think the are ready for it. But Both will see alot of action and be a big help to the Toppers this year.

Pinkston is in Virginia so we dont need to keep up with his basketball career. But look for him playing D1 football in a couple years.

Young nor McCellan will start varsity. Young may get some playing time but not alot. McCellan might get the nod when Tn high is losing by 20 or so....

Click is now at Daniel Boone.

I knew you losers would be hanging out here on the basketball threads. Lets face it…there was never any reason for you to take part in the commentary on the football threads because…well…you s-ck!!!

Adams will be one of the VERY few to get D1 consideration in this area after his boy Omar. His size, strength, and athleticism will be overwhelming for the competition to handle. He may not start the first few games but he will be first off the bench for the Toppers, and if the coaching staff can control his renegade personality he will soon be a starter. Odem is a shoe in. He is already a starter from last year as a Freshman and he is still growing. If he gets in the weight room he will easily fill the big shoes of the elder Odem. You clowns are obviously oblivious to the depth the Toppers have in the stable but you will soon be eating your words! Young WILL start for the Vikings…end of story! Why would you think you know more about the Vikings than I do? You keep basing your predictions on summer league ball, which is nothing more than organized street ball. The coaches aren’t even allowed to take part in this league. You may have seen two players for the Vikings in this league that will even see the floor in the varsity games during the regular season.

I never said that DB wouldn’t be in contention. I just think that their post players are green. The Toppers are very physical at the post position…and who’s going to stop Wattad??! Sylvester would be starting at any other school in the conference. He is the future at DB! It’s time for Morgan to put him center stage. He doesn’t have another player in that system that is going to draw the scouting attention that this kid is going to. As a sophomore he is as good as any guard he could put on the floor and has the potential to become great if given the chance. If he is thinking about Justin’s future he will put him on the radar this year! South looks very good on paper to start the season. Reid is back and will cause problems for teams that don’t have the height and size to deal with him in the middle…that pretty much includes every team in this region except Greenville. And with Willey lighting it up from outside…teams like Central don’t stand a chance. :angry:

Gabe accounted for half of Centrals points on any given night and Phil accounted for half of what was left. Face it…Hess is by himself and with only him to contend with Centrals future looks very dim to me. Every team you play will deny him the ball so somebody else will have to step up big or Hess himself won’t have a chance to shine. None of you can name that one person. Hess is a good athlete and you have to think that with his size and athletic ability he could have helped that sorry football team of yours. In my opinion Buchanan was a great basketball player that carried the Cougars last year on his shoulders. The way Vaughn used him on that team hurt his recruiting chances. Nobody knew if he was a guard or a post player because he did it all good but wasn’t given the chance to be GREAT at any one. :D

I knew you losers would be hanging out here on the basketball threads. Lets face it…there was never any reason for you to take part in the commentary on the football threads because…well…you s-ck!!!

Adams will be one of the VERY few to get D1 consideration in this area after his boy Omar. His size, strength, and athleticism will be overwhelming for the competition to handle. He may not start the first few games but he will be first off the bench for the Toppers, and if the coaching staff can control his renegade personality he will soon be a starter. Odem is a shoe in. He is already a starter from last year as a Freshman and he is still growing. If he gets in the weight room he will easily fill the big shoes of the elder Odem. You clowns are obviously oblivious to the depth the Toppers have in the stable but you will soon be eating your words! Young WILL start for the Vikings…end of story! Why would you think you know more about the Vikings than I do? You keep basing your predictions on summer league ball, which is nothing more than organized street ball. The coaches aren’t even allowed to take part in this league. You may have seen two players for the Vikings in this league that will even see the floor in the varsity games during the regular season.

I never said that DB wouldn’t be in contention. I just think that their post players are green. The Toppers are very physical at the post position…and who’s going to stop Wattad??! Sylvester would be starting at any other school in the conference. He is the future at DB! It’s time for Morgan to put him center stage. He doesn’t have another player in that system that is going to draw the scouting attention that this kid is going to. As a sophomore he is as good as any guard he could put on the floor and has the potential to become great if given the chance. If he is thinking about Justin’s future he will put him on the radar this year! South looks very good on paper to start the season. Reid is back and will cause problems for teams that don’t have the height and size to deal with him in the middle…that pretty much includes every team in this region except Greenville. And with Willey lighting it up from outside…teams like Central don’t stand a chance. :angry:

Gabe accounted for half of Centrals points on any given night and Phil accounted for half of what was left. Face it…Hess is by himself and with only him to contend with Centrals future looks very dim to me. Every team you play will deny him the ball so somebody else will have to step up big or Hess himself won’t have a chance to shine. None of you can name that one person. Hess is a good athlete and you have to think that with his size and athletic ability he could have helped that sorry football team of yours. In my opinion Buchanan was a great basketball player that carried the Cougars last year on his shoulders. The way Vaughn used him on that team hurt his recruiting chances. Nobody knew if he was a guard or a post player because he did it all good but wasn’t given the chance to be GREAT at any one. :D

How again are DB's post players green? They all played varsity last year because like I said THEY ONLY LOST ONE PLAYER FROM LAST YEAR! And for who is going to stop Omar for DB...Well Throp and Sensabaugh did it last year so why can't they do it this year? I probably bash DB more than anyone on this board but I can admit that they are far and above the favorite for this year.

What is it about Central that always makes you think they are going to be terrible every year when you consistently get proven wrong? Is it because they are not usually big? Is it because they might not have some of the athleticism of some of the other schools? Am I getting warmer? You don't have to say they are going to win the conference but give them some respect for how they have played the last few years.

I will agree with you on one thing, Gabe chances for a scholarship were hurt because he played post so much. Gabe was a good ball handler and shooter but it was never really seen because for us to be real successful last year he had to play post to cause matchup problems.

I never said that DB wouldn’t be in contention. I just think that their post players are green. The Toppers are very physical at the post position…and who’s going to stop Wattad??! Sylvester would be starting at any other school in the conference. He is the future at DB! It’s time for Morgan to put him center stage. He doesn’t have another player in that system that is going to draw the scouting attention that this kid is going to. As a sophomore he is as good as any guard he could put on the floor and has the potential to become great if given the chance. If he is thinking about Justin’s future he will put him on the radar this year! South looks very good on paper to start the season. Reid is back and will cause problems for teams that don’t have the height and size to deal with him in the middle…that pretty much includes every team in this region except Greenville. And with Willey lighting it up from outside…teams like Central don’t stand a chance. :lol:

Gabe accounted for half of Centrals points on any given night and Phil accounted for half of what was left. Face it…Hess is by himself and with only him to contend with Centrals future looks very dim to me. Every team you play will deny him the ball so somebody else will have to step up big or Hess himself won’t have a chance to shine. None of you can name that one person. Hess is a good athlete and you have to think that with his size and athletic ability he could have helped that sorry football team of yours. In my opinion Buchanan was a great basketball player that carried the Cougars last year on his shoulders. The way Vaughn used him on that team hurt his recruiting chances. Nobody knew if he was a guard or a post player because he did it all good but wasn’t given the chance to be GREAT at any one. ;)

What makes you so positive that the YOUNG kid is going to start for THS? Inside information or are you just a proud father that thinks his boy is a lot better than everyone else?

Let's face the facts Central has had a few good years but has lost a lot of scoring. Hess and Baker are about all the Cougars have back. They will stuggle inside and if Vaughn uses that useless press he is so fond of they will give up layups all night. I say Central will struggle to make the regionals. Not bashing the Cougars, I just don't see it happening. After a few games I will reevaluate them and give you a more updated opinion.

South had size last year and where did it get them?????

How again are DB's post players green? They all played varsity last year because like I said THEY ONLY LOST ONE PLAYER FROM LAST YEAR! And for who is going to stop Omar for DB...Well Throp and Sensabaugh did it last year so why can't they do it this year? I probably bash DB more than anyone on this board but I can admit that they are far and above the favorite for this year.

What is it about Central that always makes you think they are going to be terrible every year when you consistently get proven wrong? Is it because they are not usually big? Is it because they might not have some of the athleticism of some of the other schools? Am I getting warmer? You don't have to say they are going to win the conference but give them some respect for how they have played the last few years.

I will agree with you on one thing, Gabe chances for a scholarship were hurt because he played post so much. Gabe was a good ball handler and shooter but it was never really seen because for us to be real successful last year he had to play post to cause matchup problems.

Last year was the first year that Central was even on my map. The year before that I was actually glad to see the Cougars do so well mostly because I knew Phil personally. But I was also glad to see them get a taste of reality in the Boro because you guy did and still do talk a lot of smack! To be honest with you…the ONLY reason I bash Central so much is because of YOU and the band of clowns that blindly follow you. Last year I will admit that I completely underestimated Gabe Buchanan and company. I knew the regular season competition was a step up from what he had been accustom to and didn’t expect him to be able to rise to the occasion as he did. Don’t get me wrong, he obviously had some help but you will soon feel the effects of loosing such a competitor as he was. Hess has some big shoes to fill as the new team leader!!!! I just don’t see how Central is going to be able to stand out this year. I also don’t see THS breaking any records this year however I personally can’t remember when the Vikings didn’t finish top four in the conference. It’s a rebuilding year so Tradition will drive the Viking crew this year.

What makes you so positive that the YOUNG kid is going to start for THS? Inside information or are you just a proud father that thinks his boy is a lot better than everyone else?

I went to THS and I was either coached by or went to school with several of the coaches their. Plus I am still close to the team and see for myself what the Vikings have to work with. Young starting is obviously just my opinion (just as all of my posts are) but it is an educated opinion in this case.

I went to THS and I was either coached by or went to school with several of the coaches their. Plus I am still close to the team and see for myself what the Vikings have to work with. Young starting is obviously just my opinion (just as all of my posts are) but it is an educated opinion in this case.

Well how long ago did you attend THS?

Let's face the facts Central has had a few good years but has lost a lot of scoring. Hess and Baker are about all the Cougars have back. They will stuggle inside and if Vaughn uses that useless press he is so fond of they will give up layups all night. I say Central will struggle to make the regionals. Not bashing the Cougars, I just don't see it happening. After a few games I will reevaluate them and give you a more updated opinion.

South had size last year and where did it get them?????

If you followed this team very closely you would know that they do have a 6'5 post player coming back who played well at the end of last year and played well all summer. Plus a few players from the JV last year who have waited their turn.

Maybe we could go back to the old slow down ball that Central used to play before Vaughn started coaching. That sure was fun to be a part of.

If you followed this team very closely you would know that they do have a 6'5 post player coming back who played well at the end of last year and played well all summer. Plus a few players from the JV last year who have waited their turn.

Maybe we could go back to the old slow down ball that Central used to play before Vaughn started coaching. That sure was fun to be a part of.

Is Andrew the 6'5 post??? Who are these JV players??? Hope you are right since I would much rather see Central win than any other Big 9 team, but I've seen a lot of ball and I'm not sure the Cougars are quite there this year. Time will tell.

Good Luck!!!!