Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

From a diehard Indian fan...anybody on this board or anybody that is a REAL fan of high school sports should be very proud of Omar and excited for his opportunity. His is a great player and a credit to The Hill and the conf. I look forward to seeing him play this year and years to come for The Town. Broadway has it right....no matter what H.S. these kids come from....its all about using B-ball to pay for that degree. Not real fair to question a scholly to G'town! That is to be applauded by all around here. Then know, when you beat SH...you beat a pretty darn good bunch.

That said, and I mean every word of it, hope Omar and his breathern take a beatin' from the Tribe on numerous occasions this year!!!! Roll Tribe!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your point is???????? Mark my words…for DB to be in contention this year Sylvester will have to be a big part of the game plan (ESPECIALY with Coty out).

The king of basketball strikes again... You are insane if you think Sylvester has to be a big part of D.B. this year, they have a lot of talent ahead of him... He might be a good role player for them this year but they are going to be hard to defend in the post and that is were they will win or lose games... But who am i to dispute the mighty Cap1!!!! I would list all your great Viking predections but thanksgiving is thursday and i dont have time, the family is coming over around 12:00...

And your point is???????? Mark my words…for DB to be in contention this year Sylvester will have to be a big part of the game plan (ESPECIALY with Coty out).

Last time I checked All-Conference is pretty good. Didn't DB go to the Regional Championship last year? Are you trying to see how stupid you can look? Maybe you forgot those 2 losses you took to DB last year.

I think DB did pretty well last year without him. He will be a good role player for them this year but like it was said earlier, their inside game is what will be hard for teams to handle. Sylvester's time to be the featured player will come next year.

Finally, Justin Sylvester will get his piece, but he may have to wait. As someone said, he is playing behind 3 senior guards on this team, 2 of them who are 3-year starters and all conference players. This year's team is a deep team and should finish 1st in the conference.

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

That’s like me saying that I have a Playstation II and I’ve had it for 2 years, but I have to wait till it breaks down before I will go get the new and improved Playstation III. :lol:

I’m not knocking All Conference props…but Sylvester would accomplish that this year if given the opportunity. And by his senior year he will more than likely be ranked in the state if coach Morgan would play his cards right. Sylvester brings more than just talent to the table…he has that X factor…and you can’t teach that.

Throp has that X factor also. I’ve heard some of the crap he has to listen too. I don’t blame him for giving a little back when he makes them eat their words (and 9 times out of 10 that’s just what happens). These aren’t professional athletes we are talking about and they shouldn’t have to be subjected to the degrading remarks that are yelled at them every game by the “wanna be’s” in the stands. After my son graduated he told me some of the remarks that he was subject to on any given game night and I was SHOCKED to say the least! I was at EVERY game and I heard the little chants and cheers they do but never had a clue he had to deal with all of the personal attaches every game. I hear people say Josef is “cocky” all the time, but can ANYONE say that he is anything but respectful before or after game time? But when its game time it’s on…don’t start non won’t be non!! This kid plays with a lot of emotion…and you can’t teach that (the X factor). A coach could only wish that it would rub off on two or three others on the team. :lol:

That’s like me saying that I have a Playstation II and I’ve had it for 2 years, but I have to wait till it breaks down before I will go get the new and improved Playstation III. B)

I’m not knocking All Conference props…but Sylvester would accomplish that this year if given the opportunity. And by his senior year he will more than likely be ranked in the state if coach Morgan would play his cards right. Sylvester brings more than just talent to the table…he has that X factor…and you can’t teach that.

Throp has that X factor also. I’ve heard some of the crap he has to listen too. I don’t blame him for giving a little back when he makes them eat their words (and 9 times out of 10 that’s just what happens). These aren’t professional athletes we are talking about and they shouldn’t have to be subjected to the degrading remarks that are yelled at them every game by the “wanna be’s” in the stands. After my son graduated he told me some of the remarks that he was subject to on any given game night and I was SHOCKED to say the least! I was at EVERY game and I heard the little chants and cheers they do but never had a clue he had to deal with all of the personal attaches every game. I hear people say Josef is “cocky” all the time, but can ANYONE say that he is anything but respectful before or after game time? But when its game time it’s on…don’t start non won’t be non!! This kid plays with a lot of emotion…and you can’t teach that (the X factor). A coach could only wish that it would rub off on two or three others on the team. ;)

This debate is not about Throp, it is about you saying Sylvester will be a big part of D.B season this year not when he is a senior, you said this year... You are trying to change the subject so you can get some D.B. fans to forget about the stupid statement you made!!!! And most of the people who were giving your son a hard time at games last year is because that is what they do to good players, you should know that seeing how you know everything else!!!

That’s like me saying that I have a Playstation II and I’ve had it for 2 years, but I have to wait till it breaks down before I will go get the new and improved Playstation III. B)

Throp has that X factor also. I’ve heard some of the crap he has to listen too. I don’t blame him for giving a little back when he makes them eat their words (and 9 times out of 10 that’s just what happens). These aren’t professional athletes we are talking about and they shouldn’t have to be subjected to the degrading remarks that are yelled at them every game by the “wanna be’s” in the stands. After my son graduated he told me some of the remarks that he was subject to on any given game night and I was SHOCKED to say the least! I was at EVERY game and I heard the little chants and cheers they do but never had a clue he had to deal with all of the personal attaches every game. I hear people say Josef is “cocky” all the time, but can ANYONE say that he is anything but respectful before or after game time? But when its game time it’s on…don’t start non won’t be non!! This kid plays with a lot of emotion…and you can’t teach that (the X factor). A coach could only wish that it would rub off on two or three others on the team. ;)

Bottom line...Sylvester is not better than Throp or Sensabaugh this year. Its that simple. Playing him this year over them would make him better but not the team. He has 2 more years after this one to be featured. Get over it.

Do you really think that the players like Throp and other who get taunted during the game hate it? No, they love it. It fires them up and gives them more incentive to play harder to try and stick it to those fans. Ten years from now when they are talking about their high school playing days they will laugh and talk about all the trash the fans said to them. Quit trying to make a big deal out of something Cap1.

Larry, Curly, and Mo…do you guys call each other up and deside that it’s time for the Circus to come into town!!! B)B);)

Would it be better if it was just one person posting under 3 different screen names instead? You know, like how you post under Cap1, 1tshelley and VikingVoice?

This debate is not about Throp, it is about you saying Sylvester will be a big part of D.B season this year not when he is a senior, you said this year... You are trying to change the subject so you can get some D.B. fans to forget about the stupid statement you made!!!! And most of the people who were giving your son a hard time at games last year is because that is what they do to good players, you should know that seeing how you know everything else!!!

The paragraph in my post about Josef was in response to an earlier post in which greenevillefan said that he/she felt that Throp seem real cocky on the court and that he taunts the crowd. Why do I always have to break out the “read by picture book” for you to understand…where did you go to school?? Never mind…we know!!! :thumb::angry:

I agree with you when you say “that’s what people do to good players”…but that still doesn’t make it right. I’m not talking about the “AIR BALL” or the “YOU SUC” types of cheers and comments…I’m referring to the ones that attach the player’s physical appearance, and racial or social background. That’s when it’s crossing the line in my book. And if you don’t think it goes that far…have a seat in the Central student section one time. And their not the only school that allows their student to behave in that manner.