Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

As far as I’ve seen Wiggins isn’t ranked in the state on any “short list”. Not saying he’s not good enough but in all reality he’s not on the map. With that said…I was sincerely giving him a complement with my remarks in that post but you had to take it to the next level. Now I will be labeled as being a Wiggins hater when in fact that’s not true. I’m only stating the facts.

You obviously don’t have a clue of what you’re going to come up against should you have to play DB or SHHS if you think Central is in the same sentence with these two programs! But you will SOON see!! I don’t know anything about any scrimmages, but the fact that Central did fairly well against Greenville only says to me that you are both mediocre teams. :thumb::lol:

Cap how old are you? You must still be in high school. Some reason you always tend to turn everyones post into something that is negative. Why don't you grow up. I was just mentioning that know can really tell how good a team is going to be early in the season. Central very well could gell and have a great year. People can get hurt and it can also mess up everyones predictions. I would suggest that you quit trying to bicker and fight with everyone that makes a statement on here. I would agree that Wiggins is not really on the map in tennessee, but people have seen his talent and are starting to talk.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know the scores, but i will update you on this fact... Heatplaya is OMAR WATTAD...

seriously get a new name or something because you are not fooling anybody on here. i have picked up on it, a few other people have picked up on it, and now everyone will. you are a real man getting on a message board bragging about yourself in every post omar. do it on the floor, not on the message boards. 13 points. ha!

dont know the scores, but i will update you on this fact... Heatplaya is OMAR WATTAD...

seriously get a new name or something because you are not fooling anybody on here. i have picked up on it, a few other people have picked up on it, and now everyone will. you are a real man getting on a message board bragging about yourself in every post omar. do it on the floor, not on the message boards. 13 points. ha!

first of all-

Unless there are two heatplayas Wattad is not heatplaya. I know the kid who signed up as heatplaya, and it is not Omar. also alot of these coach t members signed up in shared networks, so unless the person remembers to sign off, anyone using the computer in the network will be identified as the last person signed in on that computer.....

on a second note...

wattad's shooting performance was horrid last night. 4-14 and his usually smooth mid-ranged game looked off. However in his defense he did play great ,,, defense. and distribute the ball fairly well. The whole team played great defense however...

No knock on Mo East, but it is hard to see how good a player is against a team that barely gets the ball past half court.

Likewise I don't think this lopsided victory is indicative of how good/bad SHHS may be this year.

They struggled to hit shots in the half court offense, and NO ONE, including Wattad, attacked the rim.

This could be a problem they need to address as the season continues because not everyone will fall victim to the press as easily as mo east did and they will need to solidify both halfcourt offense and defense to win against stronger opponents

Third note...

Wattad is still the best player in the area. If he were on Central everyone would be gunning for them, if he were on DB people would argue that they were a shoe-in for the state. If he were on Greeneville he and wiggins would be the best two-players on a team in the state... etc.....

So as much as people may dislike SHHS or Omar, everyone can readily admit he is an extremely valuable asset to any team he plays for.

first of all-

Unless there are two heatplayas Wattad is not heatplaya. I know the kid who signed up as heatplaya, and it is not Omar. also alot of these coach t members signed up in shared networks, so unless the person remembers to sign off, anyone using the computer in the network will be identified as the last person signed in on that computer.....

on a second note...

wattad's shooting performance was horrid last night. 4-14 and his usually smooth mid-ranged game looked off. However in his defense he did play great ,,, defense. and distribute the ball fairly well. The whole team played great defense however...

No knock on Mo East, but it is hard to see how good a player is against a team that barely gets the ball past half court.

Likewise I don't think this lopsided victory is indicative of how good/bad SHHS may be this year.

They struggled to hit shots in the half court offense, and NO ONE, including Wattad, attacked the rim.

This could be a problem they need to address as the season continues because not everyone will fall victim to the press as easily as mo east did and they will need to solidify both halfcourt offense and defense to win against stronger opponents

Third note...

Wattad is still the best player in the area. If he were on Central everyone would be gunning for them, if he were on DB people would argue that they were a shoe-in for the state. If he were on Greeneville he and wiggins would be the best two-players on a team in the state... etc.....

So as much as people may dislike SHHS or Omar, everyone can readily admit he is an extremely valuable asset to any team he plays for.

Plus, wasn't he playing PG (I thought I read or heard that some place)? That is not his natural postition I know and that plus first game of the season I'm sure led to some sluggishness. I'm sure he'll be in form when it counts. You can knock him all you want...last time I checked he had a D1 ride in hand...that's more than anyone else in the area can't boast.

Edited by maroonandgrey

Cap how old are you? You must still be in high school. Some reason you always tend to turn everyones post into something that is negative. Why don't you grow up. I was just mentioning that know can really tell how good a team is going to be early in the season. Central very well could gell and have a great year. People can get hurt and it can also mess up everyones predictions. I would suggest that you quit trying to bicker and fight with everyone that makes a statement on here. I would agree that Wiggins is not really on the map in tennessee, but people have seen his talent and are starting to talk.

Age has no bearing on telling it like it tis. I have said many times before that I prefer not to sprinkle a lot of sugar on my post. Now if that comes off as being negative to you I’m sorry…but that’s how it works in the real world. After all…that is what we are trying to prepare these kids for…am I not right. Now you may disagree with the delivery but am I speaking untruths? I see it all to often where parents wonder why there child has always been the leader of his or her team in their early years but is now being passed up by some of the very kids that were always in his or her shadow. We tend to blame it on the coach or “politics”, but all to often it’s because they have had it drilled into their head how great they are and they have become comfortable and never worked to get better. I sometimes say things on here that I know will place a challenge for a player or a team. Case and point THS secondary…I was very vocal about their play up to the South game, and had a couple of exchanges with players and probably a coach (if truth be known). The player I had the exchange with NEVER got beat deep again the rest of the season and the secondary as a whole was only scored on once! Did he/they get better all of the sudden, where they playing weaker teams…or did he/they simple step up his/their game to prove me (and others) wrong? Only he knows but somehow in the mix of things we gained a lot of respect for each other. I do know that the “that’s ok just try harder, you can’t win them all” approach only sets them up for further failure.

You don’t want me to “turn everyones post into something that is negative” the answer is simple…KEEP IT REAL!!!!

Edited by Cap1

Well, well, well. It looks like Omar took my advice and got another name. So, for the record, BroadwayBaller and Heatplaya are BOTH none other than Omar Wattad a.k.a. Jar-Jar Binks. Congratulations buddy!!

You need to get in the gym and work on the game instead of posting on message boards. In case you don't know already Omar, you will NEVER see the floor at Georgetown with a performance like you had last night.

Plus, wasn't he playing PG (I thought I read or heard that some place)? That is not his natural postition I know and that plus first game of the season I'm sure led to some sluggishness. I'm sure he'll be in form when it counts. You can knock him all you want...last time I checked he had a D1 ride in hand...that's more than anyone else in the area can't boast.

Heard a rumor at the jamboree last night. I heard Omar will get a ACADEMIC scholarship from Georgetown, and will try to walk on to play basketball. This is somewhat misleading from what was said at the press conference. If this is true this is still a great opportunity for Omar.

Well, well, well. It looks like Omar took my advice and got another name. So, for the record, BroadwayBaller and Heatplaya are BOTH none other than Omar Wattad a.k.a. Jar-Jar Binks. Congratulations buddy!!

You need to get in the gym and work on the game instead of posting on message boards. In case you don't know already Omar, you will NEVER see the floor at Georgetown with a performance like you had last night.

I hate to let you know I am not Omar Wattad.

although I do wish I could play ball like him, alas I am not him.

I do admire his game, but I have been an East TN basketball fan since the early 90's. (ithink omar was in preschool at the time)....

look all I'm saying is the kid is good. I don't think sHHs is the team to beat, but I do think omar is the best player in east TN. including wiggins.

I had the opportunity to follow the TN travelers this summer and I watched these kids play in almost every tourney this summer. Oglesby is the best shooter on that team. Wattad is the best all around player, and Wiggins has the greatest upside potential. I could write a thousand page discertation on the strengths and weaknessess of each player on that team, and I could even go back and give you insite on past TN travelers teams, all I'm saying is as a citizen of east TN, and as a former member of the Big 7(now big 9) i recognize talent when I see. it. I feel sorry for people like Tribe all Da Way who have no idea of the amount of work these guys put in to get where they are. If you cannot cheer for the talent in this otherwise sparse area of the state then don't bother watching or commenting. Being critical and being constructive are very different. Tribe you have some growing up to do young man.

I hate to let you know I am not Omar Wattad.

although I do wish I could play ball like him, alas I am not him.

I do admire his game, but I have been an East TN basketball fan since the early 90's. (ithink omar was in preschool at the time)....

look all I'm saying is the kid is good. I don't think sHHs is the team to beat, but I do think omar is the best player in east TN. including wiggins.

I had the opportunity to follow the TN travelers this summer and I watched these kids play in almost every tourney this summer. Oglesby is the best shooter on that team. Wattad is the best all around player, and Wiggins has the greatest upside potential. I could write a thousand page discertation on the strengths and weaknessess of each player on that team, and I could even go back and give you insite on past TN travelers teams, all I'm saying is as a citizen of east TN, and as a former member of the Big 7(now big 9) i recognize talent when I see. it. I feel sorry for people like Tribe all Da Way who have no idea of the amount of work these guys put in to get where they are. If you cannot cheer for the talent in this otherwise sparse area of the state then don't bother watching or commenting. Being critical and being constructive are very different. Tribe you have some growing up to do young man.

Posting at 1:10 pm??? I wasn't aware they let students use the computers up at Science Hill for personal reasons!?! Oh well, learn something new everyday!!