Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

Cap1, are you telling everyone that you graduated from TN High in 86? And didn't you also say you should have gone to Central but went to TN High instead? Was it because you were not good enough to play for Central? Because from 84-86 Central won the conference all 3 of those years.

I guess "the sage will continue" this year...and that saga is that it seems like no one from your family can beat Central.

I have never known Central to win the conference in football. As a matter of fact they are only able to field a competitive team once every other DECADE in ANY sport!!!! :thumb::unsure:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb why don’t you give us all a brake. You’re trying to start an argument that’s not there. This isn’t the Oprah Winfrey show. I don’t think anyone on here would attach you personally or anyone in your family. If you don’t have the stomach for the back and forwards on here, maybe you shouldn’t log onto coacht.

Cap I didn't take his remarks as a personal attack. I just don't feel it is appropriate to call perfectly "normal" people (using the term loosly) "retarded" or "special ed". Its the semantics to which I object. My boy may have a disability but he at least is smart enough to know its not nice to call people names...these terms are offensive...especially to those of us who have to deal with a mentally handicapped child. All I did was ask this grossly insensitive moron to just call people stupid if thats what he means and quit insulting the mentally impaired by hanging those terms on Cougar fans :lol:

Yeah we do. I told you no one was getting past Morristown in Football, and you all didnt. Now Im telling you Central will finish ahead of THS in basketball and its going to happen.

Football is over and unless your from South please don’t bring this past season up because unless you’re trying to post on another more successful schools program, non of you have a leg to stand on. And chances are you were sailed over by the VIKING SHIP. :lol:

Well, here is the answer to a previously asked football question...Central won the Big 9 Conference football title in 1975...

Hopefully the jamboree will be fun tonight and everyone leaves injury free...anyone in the conference playing in one of the Hall of Fame games?

Roll Tribe Roll

bristol boy I would probably put central ahead of sullivan south and tennessee high. Nothing against those two teams, but central is probably better than what people are percieving them to be. They do have some good shooters and a decent post.

Greenville fans post as if they are poised for another conference championship. I frankly think they are in almost the same situation that Central is in. Wiggins is without a doubt one of the top 3 players in this region…but just like Hess he’s by himself. And unless they have him bringing the ball down court, shooting threes, and posting up in the middle like he tried to do last year, Greenville is also in for a rude awakening…especially come regional tournament time!

Football is over and unless your from South please don’t bring this past season up because unless you’re trying to post on another more successful schools program, non of you have a leg to stand on. And chances are you were sailed over by the VIKING SHIP. :lol:

Cap...I'd say the Indians would have a leg to stand on...or did I just miss the ship you are referring to?

Roll Tribe Roll

Cap,

Greeneville does have Wiggins, but at this point it doesn't seem as if much has jelled around him...they probably will have another midseason transfer to step in...

I think Central will be pretty solid this year, Hess can play and I think Baker will be very effective...they may not have the guys with known names, but I expect there to be some talent and they have good coaching.

Just like with Tennessee High, don't you expect them to be more athletic overall?...again, without the known name players...but isn't that what you are saying about the Vikings?..and they too have good coaching.

I think it is going to be an interesting year again this season in the Big 9...

You didn't expect D-B to do what they did last year and now this year others will attempt to play that roll.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Greenville fans post as if they are poised for another conference championship. I frankly think they are in almost the same situation that Central is in. Wiggins is without a doubt one of the top 3 players in this region…but just like Hess he’s by himself. And unless they have him bringing the ball down court, shooting threes, and posting up in the middle like he tried to do last year, Greenville is also in for a rude awakening…especially come regional tournament time!

I don't think you can say much about any team based on on or two scrimmages. We all know that the purpose of a season is to get better as it goes on. If I was a betting man I would bet on Greeneville winning another conference championship. I really don't know if Central or Greeneville are in a bad sitution. I think that Central has potential to be a good team this year and maybe upset the DB's and Science Hill's.

As far as Wiggins being one of the top 3 players in the region I would have to disagree. Wiggins is probably one of the top 3 players in the state. I have watched him in all of their scrimmages and he is the real deal. This year he is healthy, stronger and more balanced. Greeneville has some good support players that are around him that will help them have a good season. Just like any other team, Greeneville will go as far as their horse takes them.

Anyways good luck to everyone and let your games speak for themselves.

Because from 84-86 Central won the conference all 3 of those years.

How bout that brock20…1975!!!!!!!!! Most of us on here were bearly in school or not even born when that happened. WHERE IS WACO….You deserve an award for this post. :lol::lol:

Edited by Cap1

How bout that brock20…1975!!!!!!!!! Most of us on here were bearly in school or not even born when that happened. WHERE IS WACO….You deserve an award for this post. :lol::lol:

Hey now, I am not THAT old! We did have electricity and running water in the schools in those days...and you'd have to have been around someplace to have sons playing against mine...but, I will graciously accept any recognition you and WaCo want to put forth...(remember, I am talking about a Big 9 conference football championship and I think that is their only one).

Roll Tribe Roll

THIS IS A BASKETBALL THREAD YOU BRANIAC!! Did I mention football at all on that post...NO!! Central won the conference in basketball those years. Good grief take a look around at where you are at before posting.