Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hess thinks he can do it all, sorry bud this is a team sport. I dont know where you get your big head from. And for others, who are you to talk about the Mo West, THS game? Unless you were playing, you have no room for talking. We lost our Qb in the 1st quarter and and when your offense revolves around that QB and you have no efficient back up, then your doomed from the start. The Viking D let a couple big plays go but when you take all that out, then the game is close. Mo West deserved the win and good luck to them the rest of the season. Sorry to get on Football, but some people have no general idea. As for Basketball, TN High will do alright. They have Corey Young and Marcus Canty who will be sharing the point, Matt Fleenor and Jeff Baker playing at the wing along with a couple others. Down low, Turnbull and McClellan will see a lot of playing time. All these football players will make THS a very physical team but they will need some shooters to step up, and play dominant down in the post. DB and SH will be on top of the conference, its too early to make any more kind of predictions.

Point is Tennessee high is to young to compete with anyone this year.

Yes, TN High is a young inexperienced team, but even with that being a fact, I still think they can compete with almost the whole conference. Thats just an opinion but we will see how it turns out during the season. Lets just ask the ?, How would you feel getting beat by the least experienced team in the conference?

Central couldn't handle the pressure of Greeneville in a scrimmage last saturday. It seemed like they had a lot of me focused players on the court. They do have some decent shooters on the wing, but I don't think that they can handle science hill in the big 9, nor Greeneville if they made it to district and regional.

Maybe they didn't handle the pressure from Greeneville when Central had their 3rd or 4th string in there and Greeneville still had their starters. Central rotated 5 in and 5 out while Greeneville played 7 guys the whole scrimmage.

If Greeneville is the best district 2 has then it will be a complete sweep this year in the regional for district 1.

Central couldn't handle the pressure of Greeneville in a scrimmage last saturday. It seemed like they had a lot of me focused players on the court. They do have some decent shooters on the wing, but I don't think that they can handle science hill in the big 9, nor Greeneville if they made it to district and regional.

Central's scrimmage with Grvl. was a scrimmage for Central. Greenville's coach thought it was a game. Grvl had, "and I am not exaggerating" about 25 players on the bench and only played 7. Wiggins played the entire game. Central played 5 in 5 out each quarter. All 14 played for Central with about equal playing time except 2 players. We got beat about 12, on their floor, and IMAC refs. After the 1st quarter SC was ahead 8 with the starters, ahead by 2 at the half. I don't know what pressure you're talking about. Oh, and by the way we had just played Knox Webb and beat them and turned around and played Grvl. Not very impressed, except for Wiggins he is the real deal, but didn't have much help.

Central's scrimmage with Grvl. was a scrimmage for Central. Greenville's coach thought it was a game. Grvl had, "and I am not exaggerating" about 25 players on the bench and only played 7. Wiggins played the entire game. Central played 5 in 5 out each quarter. All 14 played for Central with about equal playing time except 2 players. We got beat about 12, on their floor, and IMAC refs. After the 1st quarter SC was ahead 8 with the starters, ahead by 2 at the half. I don't know what pressure you're talking about. Oh, and by the way we had just played Knox Webb and beat them and turned around and played Grvl. Not very impressed, except for Wiggins he is the real deal, but didn't have much help.

If we can tone down the rhetoric for a moment, here is another view from the day long scrimmages at Greeneville. Greeneville did have about 25 on the bench, they do not cut on the varisity or jv teams at this point and they had the jv team dressed out with the varsity. The jv team played in the morning, the starters played some in the mid-day game and the went most of the way against Central - Greeneville is not deep, about 7 or possibly 8 is a far as they will go in close games during the season. Central is decent, but they are not as good as last year and neither is Greeneville. Greeeneville will go as far as Wiggins and Gash (the point guard) along with defense will take them. Greeneville typically does not look very good at the beginning of the season (Central took them last year early on Greeneville's floor) but typically improves as the season progresses. I thought Central had some good size kids inside but I didn't see anyone "jumping out of the gym". Webb is not very good, so I don't know that warming up against them prior to the Greeneville scrimmage was much of a factor. Regarding another big 9 school, I saw Boone play earlier, and it would appear they will struggle this year. For those who have posted that Central will not make the region, you might want to rethink that one, they are well coached and have some players, but I don't think you can draw much more from the scrimmage.

Good post roundball, Central usually picks up their game at the end of the year as well. We bragged about the win over Greenville last year, but we knew it would have been much tougher with Wiggins out there. Central will be down from last year and so will Greenville. But other teams lost a lot too. So it should make for an interesting District and Region.

Cougarfan you bein from Central and all I highly reccomend you not bring up anyone getting beat down in football because well I dont remember yall winning a single game :lol: Only 2 worth mentioning -lol You remember the names Matt Fleenor, Thomas Turnbull, Corey Young, Jeff Baker, Marcus Canty, Matt Maclellan, and Mason Canty (who played a great game at QB the other night btw) after the season and tell me again theres only 2 worth mentioning .

Well Yeah only two. The young kid looks pretty good, and so does the Turnbull kid. Other than that, no one else should even be mentioned becase they are only decent or just terrible.