milan

bulldoggfan

Sounds bad for Milan right now but it has happened before. CPA was undefeated in region play in 03 and had to forfeit 3 lop-sideded region wins at mid season. Fortunately it happened at mid season and they went on to win out and make the playoffs.

Milan probably will do the same. Their playoff games begin now. That is great motivation to win out and move on thru the playoffs. Good luck

excellent post fbgirl

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First post ever. I don't want to participate in this discussion. This is for clarification.

Matt86 appears to be a pro-USJ poster. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the posts. However, my USJ son is named Matt and is number 86. He has been credited with making these posts (ridiculous...he is in school and has never been on this web site) and now I'm being credited with making these posts (I never saw this website until 10 days ago and only registered today to make this post).

I won't be making another post but would like for readers to know that Matt86 has nothing to do with the player nor his family.

I guess these boards would be boring if people had to sign their names.

Mike Farris

Sounds bad for Milan right now but it has happened before. CPA was undefeated in region play in 03 and had to forfeit 3 lop-sideded region wins at mid season. Fortunately it happened at mid season and they went on to win out and make the playoffs.

Milan probably will do the same. Their playoff games begin now. That is great motivation to win out and move on thru the playoffs. Good luck

Let me echo what FBGIRL posted.

I also want to add that the TSSAA told CPA that regardless of intent or other circumstances any games in which an ineligible player participated are automatically forfeited.

If Milan does have to forfeit these games, it is better that it happen now rather than later.

I do feel sympathy for the Milan players and coaches affected by this situation.

Let me echo what FBGIRL posted.

I also want to add that the TSSAA told CPA that regardless of intent or other circumstances any games in which an ineligible player participated are automatically forfeited.

If Milan does have to forfeit these games, it is better that it happen now rather than later.

I do feel sympathy for the Milan players and coaches affected by this situation.

I do feel for the players and anyone who had no knowledge of what was going on, I feel for the teams that played and lost to a team not following the same rules as everyone else. It once cost my team a chance at the State Championship, 2 months after the fact, we were deemed semifinalist winners but the state championship had already been played, Let me tell you, it did not make me feel any better that the cheating team got to play in the State championship and I did not.

First post ever. I don't want to participate in this discussion. This is for clarification.

Matt86 appears to be a pro-USJ poster. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the posts. However, my USJ son is named Matt and is number 86. He has been credited with making these posts (ridiculous...he is in school and has never been on this web site) and now I'm being credited with making these posts (I never saw this website until 10 days ago and only registered today to make this post).

I won't be making another post but would like for readers to know that Matt86 has nothing to do with the player nor his family.

I guess these boards would be boring if people had to sign their names.

Mike Farris

Sorry about the mix up, I've been a member for 4 years and had the name long before your son played for USJ. So, sorry about the mix up - I'll see if I can change it so that he doesn't get mixed up anymore.

It matters not, follow the same rules as everyone else.

This comment is partly about the situation in Milan and partly about your comment. I agree TOTALLY that everyone should follow the same rules. If the player in question had been living in Milan and decided to attend USJ. He could have transferred and been eligible to play. I don't see how anyone can say that public and privates are playing under the same rules.

I really hope Milan doesn't have to forfeit those first 4 wins. Its going to be tough enough playing them Friday without them being mad. :thumb:

Edited by stangfan

This comment is partly about the situation in Milan and partly about your comment. I agree TOTALLY that everyone should follow the same rules. If the player in question had been living in Milan and decided to attend USJ. He could have transferred and been eligible to play. I don't see how anyone can say that public and privates are playing under the same rules.

I really hope Milan doesn't have to forfeit those first 4 wins. Its going to be tough enough playing them Friday without them being mad. :thumb:

In order for a transfer student with an athletic record to be eligible at another school there must be a bona fide change of residence by the athlete's parents.

This is straight from the TSSAA website. Publics and Privates have to play by the same rules.

DO YOU KNOW THE ELIGIBILITY RULES OF YOUR STATE?

In order for a transfer student with an athletic record to be eligible at another school there must be a bona fide change of residence by the athlete's parents.

This is straight from the TSSAA website. Publics and Privates have to play by the same rules.

DO YOU KNOW THE ELIGIBILITY RULES OF YOUR STATE?

You might ought to do some checking on that. Privates don't have a specific school district like a public school. I know for a fact a kid can live in Carroll county, attend a private in Jackson, and be eligible to play. However, that same kid cannot live in Jackson and attend a school in Carroll county and be eligible. Is that playing by the same rules?

You might ought to do some checking on that. Privates don't have a specific school district like a public school. I know for a fact a kid can live in Carroll county, attend a private in Jackson, and be eligible to play. However, that same kid cannot live in Jackson and attend a school in Carroll county and be eligible. Is that playing by the same rules?

We're talking about two different instances here. This whole situation has been brought about by a transfer - hence the "change of residence". Stangfan, you're talking about the multiplier. Yes a kid can live in Carroll County and attend any private school he wants. If there is a private school in Carroll County, sure a student from Madison County can attend, but a public is different, he or she has to sit out a year. So according to the TSSAA everyone is playing by the same rules, if you want to believe that.