milan

bulldoggfan

You guys need to shed the bias on privates and open your eyes.

Here is a situation for you. Say Chris Donald played 3 years at Huntingdon, but his senior season he wanted to go to MBA to play. For him to be eligible to play, he and his family must have a bona fide change in residence. He could not live in his same house in Huntingdon and attend MBA.

If he wanted to play at MBA and not change his residence, he would have had to sit out his junior year, and then he would be eligible to play his senior year.

The rules are the same for public and privates no matter what you think.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're talking about two different instances here. This whole situation has been brought about by a transfer - hence the "change of residence". Stangfan, you're talking about the multiplier. Yes a kid can live in Carroll County and attend any private school he wants. If there is a private school in Carroll County, sure a student from Madison County can attend, but a public is different, he or she has to sit out a year. So according to the TSSAA everyone is playing by the same rules, if you want to believe that.

Without the change of address, a public school player that transfers to a private school must also sit out a year.

Without the change of address, a public school player that transfers to a private school must also sit out a year.

....and they say we private schools are the only ones that recruit! I've seen just as much of this if not more in public schools in ET.

It is also my understanding that if you come in as a freshman, you can attend any public county school in the state without paying tuition. You just have to provide your own transportation. This doesn't apply to "city" schools that have specific districts. In ET there are numerous athletes that attend Anderson County H.S. that live in Campbell Co. The TSSAA has seen enough of these "transfers" that they are able to discern what is legit. However, they are usually vague in giving an answer or they leave themselves plenty of wiggle room using the "based on information we've been initially provided" statement.

here's the deal. the kid left usj(crybaby's) because he was not wanted there anymore. he loves football so he wanted to play football where there has always been a winning tradition and anybody with a half a brain knows that is MILAN(TITLETOWN) TENNESSEE. well when big bad 1A USJ had to move up a class to play some real football they found out pretty quick they can't hang with the big boys, so they got a case of the WAA WAA'S. when the BULLDAWGS skunked them and the usj(crybaby's) players acted like a bunch of immature spoiled brats(so did their coaching staff) they started this crap because this so-called inelligeble player is the one who beat them and the other 4 victims who fell to the DAWGS. the last time i checked it takes at least 22 players and a great coaching staff to win games.are you taking notes usj? so even if the DAWGS are penalized they will still make the playoffs because this will only fuel the fire and i feel so sorry for huntington, trenton, dresden and westview. i just wish the dawgs could play usj again and at usj .i'm pretty sure everyone knows how that would turn out. the DAWGS WOULD HAVE THEM BEGGIN THE TSSAA TO MOVE BACK DOWN TO 1A. that's where usj belongs because like i said BOYS, ya'll can't hang. oh yeah don't ever say MILAN can't hang because we moved up to 3A and won the state the first year in it. UNDEFEATED, SO CHOKE ON THAT CRYBABY'S.

"Normally we wouldn't respond to anonymous calls because we get anonymous calls all the time," Carter said, "but we were in West Tennessee for other business, so we decided to follow up. The anonymous calls made us concerned about the situation."

A couple of points....

1) Anonymous calls?...Thats pretty interesting. Ill go out on a limb and start making some accusations to Mr. Carter and see if he will "follow up" since he MIGHT be in the neighborhood of west tennessee picking up sticks. Give me a break. Someone high up at USJ made that call.

2)This all comes up after USJ gets embarrassed at Johnnie Hale Stadium.

3) What goes around, comes around. You'll get pounded again next year.

THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER PLAY FOF USJ WAS FROM MILAN. TRIPP TUCKER. MILAN WAS DISSAPPOINTED HE DIDN'T PLAY FOR THEM BUT WE WISHED HIM WELL AND HIS STATS WERE ALWAYS POSTED IN THE MILAN PAPER. WE DIDN'T GET THE WINNY BRITCHES BECAUSE HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR USJ WE JUST WANTED HIM TO PLAY FOOTBALL AND DO WELL. HE PUT USJ'S PROGRAM ON THE MAP AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED. OH YEAH HE HAS A PRETTY GOOD COACH FOR A GRANDFATHER "THE LEGEND JOHN TUCKER" WHO IF USJ REMEMBERS, COACHED AT MILAN(2 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS)

It doesnt matter what the subject, the world in Milan ALWAYS revolves around USJ. I hope that Milan's player is eligible and things work out, Milan deserves the region title. I personally saw the usj game films and there no more "cheap shots" by one team than the other. There are always a few from where ever that give their team a bad name...including MILAN. The state meeting was held at USJ. So what? If the meeting was held a the Holiday Inn would that mean that the desk clerk alerted the TSSAA about the infraction? People report things that they are absolutely positive about when really they don't have any idea about. The USJ crowd really doesn't care that someone transfered to a different school.

Edited by predator18

This comment is partly about the situation in Milan and partly about your comment. I agree TOTALLY that everyone should follow the same rules. If the player in question had been living in Milan and decided to attend USJ. He could have transferred and been eligible to play. I don't see how anyone can say that public and privates are playing under the same rules.

I really hope Milan doesn't have to forfeit those first 4 wins. Its going to be tough enough playing them Friday without them being mad. :thumb:

How could he be eligible to play without sitting out a year.

You might ought to do some checking on that. Privates don't have a specific school district like a public school. I know for a fact a kid can live in Carroll county, attend a private in Jackson, and be eligible to play. However, that same kid cannot live in Jackson and attend a school in Carroll county and be eligible. Is that playing by the same rules?

That doesn't have anything to do with TSSSA. A kid in Jackson is under court order. He can not go to another school district.

It doesnt matter what the subject, the world in Milan ALWAYS revolves around USJ. I hope that Milan's player is eligible and things work out, Milan deserves the region title. I personally saw the usj game films and there no more "cheap shots" by one team than the other. There are always a few from where ever that give their team a bad name...including MILAN. The state meeting was held at USJ. So what? If the meeting was held a the Holiday Inn would that mean that the desk clerk alerted the TSSAA about the infraction? People report things that they are absolutely positive about when really they don't have any idea about. The USJ crowd really doesn't care that someone transfered to a different school.

BELIEVE ME BROTHER,THEY DO CARE OR THIS WOULDN'T EVEN BE HAPPENING. IWORK AROUND USJ PARENTS AND BELIEVE ME THEY WOULD LIKE NOTHING ELSE THAN TO SEE MILAN PENALIZED OVER THIS

you milan fans are hopeless! your about to forfeit five of your wins, yet you still carry on about the usj game, shut up and get over!! whats in the past is in the past! and right now yall have bigger things to worry about. i have watched the milan usj tape 3 times and their is only one cheap shot, the one that got that usj boy ejected! so please get over it. by the way i know the family of the ineligible milan kid and they still have a home in jackson and i know thats not legal! and what they did was wrong, they tried to cheat the system, if he wanted to play football so bad he could of played at northside or jcm!