Sullivan South vs Elizabethon

HiGipper

Another great example of what is happening in America.

Everyone is an expert. Everyone has an opinion.

Note that the key word in this poster's comments was

"stands," as "in the stands."

The team on the field wins, and the experts in the stands

complain.

Let me guess, you guys never played at South, right?

You must be blind if you do not see this or deaf if you do not hear it in the stands or maybe you are on the sidelines............... :(

Edited by StanTrott

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I WAS at the game and Elizabethton played their heart out in the first half. They were very competitive. #54 & #52 were killing Curt. We started out under center and that would have made for a long game given Betsy's determination. We were running the "T" and that is a grinding offense unless you have a breakaway runner and ours gets his cast off next week. So you can take 4 yards a carry and do it that way or shift gears. If we had played bump and grind Elizabethton would have continued to gain momentum and South would have paid a price for it. So, we came out with adjustments that worked and bamm...10 yard screen (countesy of the blitz) and 65 yard scamper to paydirt. The rest is history. South was asleep in the first half. 2 unproductive visits to the red zone...Hello! Elizabethton came prepared...alot of heart! Some 2-a-day coach would take them to the state the first year. And the J County thing...I'm assuming you're accusing us of playing dirty! Fact is, on defense we brought it and clean also! But if you call it dirty then I guess we learned from the best...DB had a workshop on it and the price was 44 zip and one broken foot, two level 2 concussions and numerous other late hit injuries. Yeah, we got it on film also. We shut up took our medicine cried for a few weeks and then got PO'd. Stacy did good, Curt did good the team did good. Fact is when you have an All American player he is going to be featured. Everyone knows I was the one to bash Stacy Carter And Curt but those issues are corrected and lessons learned. Stacy put new sets in tonight that rocked! All in all...Curt was off, Henry was off, the O Line was a bit off but adjustments were made that compensated for it. It took a bit long but we got it. If anyone understands the previous issues with Curt and Stacy it is I and that is a forgotten chapter. Curt did what he had to do. One more thing; Elizabethton players stayed on the field for 45 minutes through the South celebration and photography extravaganza mingling with the South players as if to be friends. They were in no hurry to board the bus back to Carter County but instead HobNob'ed with the South elite. Out of character for a team beaten by a classless cheapshot laden group of wanabes! Respect begets Respect.

You must be blind if you do not see this or deaf if you do not hear it in the stands or maybe you are on the sidelines............... :thumb:

In the stands thanks, just like I have been for every game since the school was opened 26 years ago and I have yet to hear anyone put down Curt. Your definetly entitled to your own opinion. Honestly after the D-B I was concerned because I felt that the coaching staff did not try and adjust but that was just my opinion. However you are dead wrong about the issues you stated last night. Compustatman excellent post.

Why do I keep going to the games? The first half EHS kept goofing up but South did also. EHS finally showed some emotion when Smith got knocked through the fence ( that was weird looking half of him on the grass and the other half on the track but he was alright and can laugh and have a good story to tell his kids and grandkids someday) and they scored and were yelling and the sidelines. When South scored before half that was big at the time.

The second half not all but over half of the people on the sidelines quit. They decided not to compete. That is all I will say.

The school system owes me $5 from the Greeneville game and $2.50 from the South game. They are stealing people's money because we come to see a football game and usually only one team tries so that is deceiving the public. If you get beat you get beat but atleast give an effort and when some kids stop bench them. If some of the adults do not want to be on the sidelines quit also because you are stealing from the kids.

That new offense is really something I think they average 9 points a game.

Edited by rvd

Playing with emotion after the late hit on Smith, which propelled him half way thru the fence, led to the Betsy TD. That was the only emotion laden series played by the Cyclones. I guess smack them around before the game starts and p_ss them off before they hit the field. No emotion from the guys on the sideline at all. Leave them at home if they are not up and into the game. Deadpan.......football is a game full of emotions. Let it come out and jump up and down and holler a bit. Just might be fun and help keep everyone up! Still proud of the first half effort but they need some fire in the locker room pregame and half time. Not to mention adjustments.

As far as Phillips..........he wasn't off. His game was not called until the last series of the first half. He is the real deal and you people should appreciate the opportunity to have him under center. Some player and he is respected by your opponents quite a bit :thumb:

Now lets go dig a ditch......... :lol:

Way to Go SOUTH :thumb: I want to go one step further than last year in the playoffs. I don't care if Maryville kills us I just want to be there and I think this team has a shot if we stay healthy. You got to Believe ;)

We knew we had a shot in the spring but...Daniel Boone is for real. Cherokee ain't bad. M West just doesn't make mistakes. For South to have a chance we have to produce results in the red zone. You can't get in the red and go limp...not with this years competition. Each playoff game will be a dogfight including M East. Hopefully by then everyone will be healthy that can be and we can put it all together. Jordan Kitzmiller...another great game...Congratulations! And that endzone break up by KK! That was classic. The guy had him beat by a step and instead to get interference called and save the TD he watched his face and knew when he went for the ball then turned around with hands in the air and...I'm sorry no TD for you. Classic cornerback move! I wish Bradley could get a bit more time on the field...I guess maybe the next three weeks will allow that.

And the J County thing...I'm assuming you're accusing us of playing dirty! Fact is, on defense we brought it and clean also! But if you call it dirty then I guess we learned from the best...DB had a workshop on it and the price was 44 zip and one broken foot, two level 2 concussions and numerous other late hit injuries. Yeah, we got it on film also. We shut up took our medicine cried for a few weeks and then got PO'd. Respect begets Respect.

Are you accusing the DB players of purposely hurting the RB where he suffered the broken foot? I was at the game and it looked very much like a normal FAIR football play. And concussions are not unusual since it is CONTACT sport! Hello! I would argue there isn't a team playing hard that doesn't have a few kids with some serious aches and pains after 6-7 weeks. While injuries are awful they do happen when 22 guys are butting heads on every play. Now if you got it all on film then send it to the TSSAA. I'm sure Graham doesn't condone dirty play anymore than Carter does. Doesn't sound like you "shut up"...sounds like you have waited a few weeks then taken a shot at the DB players/staff.

Respect begets Respect.

Sounds like you should listen to your own advice :thumb:

A coach's job is to get everyone that wants to play the next level some coverage but this all about Curt.

I hope WacoJaco will forgive me for this. But, I have too. You my friend receive the Mo-Ron of the day award!!! Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! The correct statement would have been, 'a coaches job is to win!'

Are you accusing the DB players of purposely hurting the RB where he suffered the broken foot? I was at the game and it looked very much like a normal FAIR football play. And concussions are not unusual since it is CONTACT sport! Hello! I would argue there isn't a team playing hard that doesn't have a few kids with some serious aches and pains after 6-7 weeks. While injuries are awful they do happen when 22 guys are butting heads on every play. Now if you got it all on film then send it to the TSSAA. I'm sure Graham doesn't condone dirty play anymore than Carter does. Doesn't sound like you "shut up"...sounds like you have waited a few weeks then taken a shot at the DB players/staff.

Sounds like you should listen to your own advice :thumb:

Truth is: the broken foot was a spear. Are you old enough to know what a spear is? And one of the concussions was a spear. And yes it is on film! Are we going to TSSAA? There is dirt in every game...the higher the profile...the more superstars, the more dirt. I was on the South side and I saw the spears. You were on the DB side and evidently did not. One hit was near the sideline, the other near midfield. Spearing is uncommon in todays game but nonetheless devastating. The concussions, the sprains...yes they are part of the game. And the broken foot...well it is part of the game also. No one cried about it. In fact this is the first mention of it at all. The only reason it was mentioned here is to make the Elizabethton fan understand that "It Happens". But, there is always a cheap shot and maybe sometimes not visible. As far as using DB as a focal point...yes we do and will because we aspire to be as great as they are. However, you my friend need to go back to the DB/South thread and read some of the posts by players. Some are downright threats. And if you think some of the DB players did not come into the contest with malicious intent then maybe you should watch volleyball. This game is violent and sometimes unfair and that is the fact. If you don't like it then get out. The whole point of my rant was not to bash DB but to make clear that all players endure tough hits and not to consider yourself singled out. Is our truckload of injuries DB's fault? It's football.

Truth is: the broken foot was a spear. Are you old enough to know what a spear is? And one of the concussions was a spear. And yes it is on film! Are we going to TSSAA?

a broken foot cause by a spear to the foot?

I was on the South side and I saw the spears. You were on the DB side and evidently did not.

And likewise from your sideline I'm sure the Rebs were squeaky clean. It's all about perspective. I still take it as a slap at the program that you would insinuate the tribe players/coaches advocate hurting the other players outside of what happens in the general context of the game.

However, you my friend need to go back to the DB/South thread and read some of the posts by players. Some are downright threats. And if you think some of the DB players did not come into the contest with malicious intent then maybe you should watch volleyball.

I seriously doubt many (if any) of the players come here and post. And I don't recall any "threats" but if you do then that is not a true fan or player. it may be a heated rivalry but we are still the same community and in the end it is only football

I hope WacoJaco will forgive me for this. But, I have too. You my friend receive the Mo-Ron of the day award!!! Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! The correct statement would have been, 'a coaches job is to win!'

Volman

Exactly a coach is paid to mould men while winning games. If Coach Carter had a weapon such as #10 and did not use him to the fullest extent of his abilities then people would be on here calling for his head....why shouldn't he take every advantage of the kids obvious talent and put the team on his shoulders? Call it padding stats or prepping #10 for a full ride but all this coach has done is put his team in line for a 2nd straight conference crown and rolling to the playoffs....isn't that the ultimate goal? Besides, I think #10 doesn't need any help getting any looks...his play on the field speaks for itself.