JCM-Can they turn it around?

Yanker

What are the thoughts of the JCM fans out there and anyone else on this topic??? The YANKER will continue to think and hope that JCM gets it going. Talent wise, JCM can compete with anyone in the region. We are running out of time however. We need to win out and that will be tough. We need to finish second and get a home playoff game. We CAN do that but we must change our ways immediately. The YANKER refuses to accept that we are NOT a good football team!!!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the thoughts of the JCM fans out there and anyone else on this topic??? The YANKER will continue to think and hope that JCM gets it going. Talent wise, JCM can compete with anyone in the region. We are running out of time however. We need to win out and that will be tough. We need to finish second and get a home playoff game. We CAN do that but we must change our ways immediately. The YANKER refuses to accept that we are NOT a good football team!!!!!

I'm not sure if JCM can turn it around or not, they have the team but I don't think they have the discipline or confidence to win out. Especially since they will lose on Oct. 13th.

Edited by hcrocks

JCM has the talent, but talent has to preform, and that they have not done. For personal reasons I want them to turn it around and finish fourth. That way if Munford can finish what it started Melrose will have both JCM and Henry County two very physical teams to play and who ever came out the other end should be beat up for the third round. How are JCM's two studs #5 and #27 are they healthy?

I'm not sure if JCM can turn it around or not, they have the team but I don't think they have the discipline or confidence to win out. Especially since they will lose on Oct. 13th.

Just when the YANKER thought you were maturing my young "Crockerman", you act as if you can predict the future. You better worry about the Hawks before you lose to a revitalized JCM on 10/13!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am interested to see how this thread turns out. How other JCM posters respond. I don't know really if JCM can pull out of its slump. It will take some deep searching and discipline to get out, and that seems to be the big question mark. I hope that it happens and that JCM is in the playoffs, for that is where they thrive. But now just getting there is going to be an uphill battle.

JCM has the talent, but talent has to preform, and that they have not done. For personal reasons I want them to turn it around and finish fourth. That way if Munford can finish what it started Melrose will have both JCM and Henry County two very physical teams to play and who ever came out the other end should be beat up for the third round. How are JCM's two studs #5 and #27 are they healthy?

The YANKER does not believe that they are totally healthy. They are not full speed but that is to be expected in the game of football at week seven. The YANKER offers no excuses for our record or periods of poor play. I just know we have to get behind our Cougars and show support when they are down...that is when they need it most!!! It does not help our team to get on here and focus on the negative.

I am interested to see how this thread turns out. How other JCM posters respond. I don't know really if JCM can pull out of its slump. It will take some deep searching and discipline to get out, and that seems to be the big question mark. I hope that it happens and that JCM is in the playoffs, for that is where they thrive. But now just getting there is going to be an uphill battle.

You are correct my young Cephus. It is an uphill climb. The YANKER knew that this topic could go in several directions but it is a question worth asking!!!

I think one thing that needs to happen at JCM is that the whole team has got to play together, two guys can not do it all. One question we had was why doesn't #27 run the ball? Did he run the ball more before he got hurt? As I said on another thread, I was unimpressed by the way JCM entered the stadium and warmed up. There seemed to be little purpose to the warm-ups beside intimidation of the other team. They did not come to take care of business. I also stand by what I said earlier on the same thread about NS being skilled, determined, and disciplined, while JCM relies on the raw talent that apparently still has to be developed. Of course I do not know anything about how JCM practices, but NS's O line dominated and our D line was impressive. I believe we were in better condition - we are being able to beat teams in the 4th quarter and that says a lot about Coach Massey - he believes in conditioning.

I fear YANKER that you have opened up a can of worms here and that this might turn into coach bashing. Everyone needs to represent with class.

Good luck to JCM...hopefully we can both make the playoffs.

I think one thing that needs to happen at JCM is that the whole team has got to play together, two guys can not do it all. One question we had was why doesn't #27 run the ball? Did he run the ball more before he got hurt? As I said on another thread, I was unimpressed by the way JCM entered the stadium and warmed up. There seemed to be little purpose to the warm-ups beside intimidation of the other team. They did not come to take care of business. I also stand by what I said earlier on the same thread about NS being skilled, determined, and disciplined, while JCM relies on the raw talent that apparently still has to be developed. Of course I do not know anything about how JCM practices, but NS's O line dominated and our D line was impressive. I believe we were in better condition - we are being able to beat teams in the 4th quarter and that says a lot about Coach Massey - he believes in conditioning.

I fear YANKER that you have opened up a can of worms here and that this might turn into coach bashing. Everyone needs to represent with class.

Good luck to JCM...hopefully we can both make the playoffs.

I like the way JCM warms up. It sure beats the way most teams warm up. I want the other team to know they are down there. The problem is that lately they have not been ready to play.

I disagree that NS Offensive line dominated. In fact on Northside first TD drive the JCM defense pretty much stopped them in their tracks had it not been for 2 penalties that allowed NS to move on down the field. In fact my impression the first half was that we were stopping NS but mistakes were killing us.

I like the way JCM warms up. It sure beats the way most teams warm up. I want the other team to know they are down there. The problem is that lately they have not been ready to play.

I disagree that NS Offensive line dominated. In fact on Northside first TD drive the JCM defense pretty much stopped them in their tracks had it not been for 2 penalties that allowed NS to move on down the field. In fact my impression the first half was that we were stopping NS but mistakes were killing us.

I agree that we have not been ready to play and the YANKER hopes that changes. I also disagree that we were dominated up front. I thiught we simply beat ourselves. I think we can win the rest of them...the YANKER would LOVE to see that happen!!!!!

Edited by Yanker

In looking at our schedule at Henry county, JCM is the only one on our schedule with a losing record, wow, what a surprise? Who would have thunk it in JULY. NOt me, however, Trezvant may be what the Dr. ordered, to get JCM feeling good about themselves. But then it will be off to Patriot land and it does not look good at this point for the cougars. From what I am hearing, they are not playing with any heart.

In looking at our schedule at Henry county, JCM is the only one on our schedule with a losing record, wow, what a surprise? Who would have thunk it in JULY. NOt me, however, Trezvant may be what the Dr. ordered, to get JCM feeling good about themselves. But then it will be off to Patriot land and it does not look good at this point for the cougars. From what I am hearing, they are not playing with any heart.

Hey prophet..if it will make you any happier, JCM won`t have a losing record after they beat Trezevant and Henry County. <_<