lake county

bballchamps

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's try to get this thing back on topic, or this little precious lake county thread will be closed....I'm going to throw a prediction out....Lake Co. will lose to OC on November 18th.... :thumb:

i will go on the record and about your prediction i will say ha....haha. your funny I think they will be inproved over last year but i dont see them beatin lake county at lake county. Last year only one team beat lc at lc and that was union city.

i will go on the record and about your prediction i will say ha....haha. your funny I think they will be inproved over last year but i dont see them beatin lake county at lake county. Last year only one team beat lc at lc and that was union city.

I am glad that you think I'm funny, but I hope I'm the one laughing when the night comes to an end...

GO REBELS!!!

They might be a factor in 2yrs,but im sure they want be a factor this year.They are going to have a problem with beatn uc with seniors,so i no sum freshman are not going to do well against us.

Remember we are filling only 2 spots we have alot of juniors and a few sophomores. One junior with a lot of playing time. One thing to keep in mind Demarcus Patrick was the 6th man as a freshman on a team that won district, region and went to the Boro. We also have Winston back.

Let's try to get this thing back on topic, or this little precious lake county thread will be closed....I'm going to throw a prediction out....Lake Co. will lose to OC on November 18th.... :)

Lake Co should be able to play defense well enough to win this game but if Central wins..I could see it happening..Central probably has enough basketball players that only play basketball while Lake Co will still be having players getting the feel for the basketball again...Lake Co struggled in the early months last year..I believe some of it was the feel and the other was Whitby playing so many different starting lineups,a lot of nights they would win by 14 points and look ugly doing it..Toward the end of the year when the Humboldt's,Union City's came around..he pretty well knew who his players were and they were playing great ball..I believe it will be a good game and Lake Co may struggle on offense at first..too many great athletes..especially on defense..I know Central will be improved but they had better have ball handlers..I watched the game with Union City last year and they couldn't even get the ball up court..I left with the score about 56-10...

Edited by mrbigster

Remember we are filling only 2 spots we have alot of juniors and a few sophomores. One junior with a lot of playing time. One thing to keep in mind Demarcus Patrick was the 6th man as a freshman on a team that won district, region and went to the Boro. We also have Winston back.

Patrick is the only one that can put the ball in the hoop.Ivory can score when open,but when that pressure after him and a defender in his face all nite making him drive,which he cant do,I see Halls with a lot of problems.They dont have a true point guard,so im assuming Patrick will be the point,and that means trouble against the Lake Cos,Union Citys and Humbolts.

They are returning loads of talent and they have alot of quickness i dont see any team beating them this year.

Union City is LOADED as well. They have a more balanced team along with most of last year STATE CHAMPIONS back. Union City will be much more balanced this year and has more speed on the court than it did last year.. Our Biggest player is 6'4" but all that will start are over 6' and play like 6'6" to 6'8" players. I wouldn't be suprised to see Union City back at the State Tournament again. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Our district will be very tough and the state champion could come from it.

I know coach Whitby and his team has much of the team returning but Union City has new blood on the team ( a secret weapon as well ) and they as a team will battle anyone around here.

Union City starts out the season in a State wide Champions of Champions tournament in Nashville where they will more than likely start out with Brentwood Acad. and then move up to 3A teams.

Union City will hold their own against anyone in the state with ALL 3 classes included.

Union City is LOADED as well. They have a more balanced team along with most of last year STATE CHAMPIONS back. Union City will be much more balanced this year and has more speed on the court than it did last year.. Our Biggest player is 6'4" but all that will start are over 6' and play like 6'6" to 6'8" players. I wouldn't be suprised to see Union City back at the State Tournament again. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out. Our district will be very tough and the state champion could come from it.

I know coach Whitby and his team has much of the team returning but Union City has new blood on the team ( a secret weapon as well ) and they as a team will battle anyone around here.

Union City starts out the season in a State wide Champions of Champions tournament in Nashville where they will more than likely start out with Brentwood Acad. and then move up to 3A teams.

Union City will hold their own against anyone in the state with ALL 3 classes included.

all three classes??? :P they couldn't hold Mitchell, Liberty, or Raleigh-Egpyt's jock-strap, and that's just the best from the West. I agree theire still gonna be a good team but nothing like last year and CERTAINLY not one of the best team from any class.

all three classes??? :lol: they couldn't hold Mitchell, Liberty, or Raleigh-Egpyt's jock-strap, and that's just the best from the West. I agree theire still gonna be a good team but nothing like last year and CERTAINLY not one of the best team from any class.

They won't even be the best team in their district...Humboldt would fair better against the three mentioned above since they were very competitive in the 2A ranks just two years ago in the same district with Liberty, Bolivar, Southside, etc...

all three classes??? :lol: they couldn't hold Mitchell, Liberty, or Raleigh-Egpyt's jock-strap, and that's just the best from the West. I agree theire still gonna be a good team but nothing like last year and CERTAINLY not one of the best team from any class.

Hummmmm!!! Going back to last year I beleive Union City BEAT Hawood Co. and aren' they AAA. Yes, Union City will be very good and NO we do not have the All Time Leading scores in Weddle on the team this year but Brown is back and Averaged around 18 points a game last year just as a Sophmore. Also, Evens is back and once his knee is 100% he will be ready for the inside. Then we have others from last years team that stepped up. No, we may not can beat the teams you mentioned but I will bet we could stay with they in any gym.

Just wait and see what I say. Union City is loaded as well as some of the others from our area.

Lake County along with Humbolt usually has some trouble that finds it way to the team that the coaches or parents has no control over. Look at the Falcons last year loosing one of their best players early. Union City doesn't ahve that problem and are lucky.

All I am saying is Union City will be just as good as we were last if not better and we have MUCH MUCH more speed on the court as well.

Good luck to all and see you at the " Thunder Dome " - - Home of the 2005-06 SINGLE A State Champions of the State Of Tennessee.

Now, who can say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hummmmm!!! Going back to last year I beleive Union City BEAT Hawood Co. and aren' they AAA. Yes, Union City will be very good and NO we do not have the All Time Leading scores in Weddle on the team this year but Brown is back and Averaged around 18 points a game last year just as a Sophmore. Also, Evens is back and once his knee is 100% he will be ready for the inside. Then we have others from last years team that stepped up. No, we may not can beat the teams you mentioned but I will bet we could stay with they in any gym.

Just wait and see what I say. Union City is loaded as well as some of the others from our area.

Lake County along with Humbolt usually has some trouble that finds it way to the team that the coaches or parents has no control over. Look at the Falcons last year loosing one of their best players early. Union City doesn't ahve that problem and are lucky.

All I am saying is Union City will be just as good as we were last if not better and we have MUCH MUCH more speed on the court as well.

Good luck to all and see you at the " Thunder Dome " - - Home of the 2005-06 SINGLE A State Champions of the State Of Tennessee.

Now, who can say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberty blew out UC last year in Lexington at the Thanksgiving tourney...I should know, I was at the game...Liberty is a better team this year and UC isn't as good...Yet you say UC would stay with them? Sorry, I can't believe that one...Haywood is 2A in basketball by the way, not 3A...Yes, UC won the State Championship last year...Savor it, because I don't believe UC makes it out of the region...

Not only did you lose the majority of your offense, but the majority of your rebounding as well in Xavier Robinson...UC has a good program but they're not going to be able to compete with Lake County and Humboldt this year...They'll struggle with Halls also...

Edited by red_16

Liberty blew out UC last year in Lexington at the Thanksgiving tourney...I should know, I was at the game...Liberty is a better team this year and UC isn't as good...Yet you say UC would stay with them? Sorry, I can't believe that one...Haywood is 2A in basketball by the way, not 3A...Yes, UC won the State Championship last year...Savor it, because I don't believe UC makes it out of the region...

Not only did you lose the majority of your offense, but the majority of your rebounding as well in Xavier Robinson...UC has a good program but they're not going to be able to compete with Lake County and Humboldt this year...They'll struggle with Halls also...

Time will tell. No one even though Union City would win last year and we came in under the RADAR. Anytime UNion City has even won the Gold Balls ( 4 Time I do believe in 15 years ).

Good luck boys because you might just need it.

Go Purple & Gold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!