Riverdale football for the 2006 season thus far

riverdaleman

let me start of by saying if you dont like riverdale or you dont like to read about RIverdale then dont read this thread..........

I want to get some of yalls take on Riverdale this year ...there have been a lot of questions about this team and the team being down or not very good i am going to give you my take and i want to hear your take

I am not a big fan of the wing-t however we run it very well and at times it is hard to find the ball i think the kids have responded well and they execute very well espcially the offensive line the holes are usually gigantic my concern for this offense is in the post season i hope it continues to prove me wrong as long as we keep a lead we are fine i am wondering if the passing game will increase during the playoffs however if you are getting 400 yards rushing a game or 5- 10 yards per rush it is hard to call a pass play...i would also like to see us protect the ball a little bit better we are having a few fumbles some we recover some we dont

Our defense has been solid all year (til we went to prevent against mccallie) we have had some yards gained against us but coach collins tends to make the adjustments we need to slow the opponents down

as far as us winning state or even going to state i am still not sure but i think that we will be right in the thick of it like we are every other year

GO WARRIORS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the wing-t, i think Riverdale has too good of a passing QB to run it, it is wasted talent.

Overall Riverdale is still one of the top teams in the state, the reason you don't get the respect of some powerhouse shcools in other states is because other than the team from ohio last year and mcallie this year you never change the schedule you are beating the same teams every year.

I have seen the Warriors play many many times and i feel that year to year they are one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the state and this years team is no different.

So far I like this years team alot better than some in the past. I say this because Coach A is building the dynasty even better. No stars, just a well balanced team that is using the younger guys much earlier than they would have seen playing time in the past. This has multiple benefits as it gives the young guys more experience sooner and it gives the Coaches a true look at them to help them where and if they need teaching.

For instance last Friday night we used 14 different players to run the ball instead of just two or three. This gives us MORE players to choose from for important games and during the playoffs. This is especially good if one or two we depend on go down for a week or two due to injury. Remember 3 or four years ago when we had a WR go down in the LC county game? Alot of folks thought R'dale was thru for the season, but we went to the BIG dance and almost won it. I think if we had even more players ready we could have won it instead of so many that were bone tired and injured after playing so much both ways. That is what made the 2004 team so good as it had very few that had to play both ways and we had even more spares for just in case to back them up. So many of the games we lost in the BCB was because we played so many that were hurt and never given time to heal before they were thrown back in. Like Steve Britton playing with a seriously pulled groin. Gaston Miller playing at Oak Ridge last year when he was hurting more than even he would admit to anyone outside the team. I could go on and on, but fortunately it is not necessary now.

This using more early will only encourage more to come out to play as before the kids thought they would only see playing time when they were Seniors, MAYBE.

Do I like the Wing-T? Not particularly, but it is hard to argue with success! I also like Coach A not running up the score just to run it up and to intimidate folks. Solid wins does that all by itself. :justwrestle:

So far, the team has exceeded my expectations. I expected we would lose more than one during the transition period. Great job by the team, Coach A, and the staff. We have some really imporatant football ahead though.

The wing-T has taken some getting used to but I grew up watching the great wishbone teams so I'm pretty happy. I think we need to intergrate a little more pass because we have the talent.

Really impressed by our O-line in the DC game. Those guys had a good defense.

I'm worried about our defense a little. We don't get as much pressure on the QB as I would like and we haven't generated as many turnovers as I wiuld like. They have improved a lot in the last couple games so I'm optimistic.

I would like to see us work harder on special teams.

Edited by TDCman

So far, the team has exceeded my expectations. I expected we would lose more than one during the transition period. Great job by the team, Coach A, and the staff. We have some really imporatant football ahead though.

The wing-T has taken some getting used to but I grew up watching the great wishbone teams so I'm pretty happy. I think we need to intergrate a little more pass because we have the talent.

Really impressed by our O-line in the DC game. Those guys had a good defense.

I'm worried about our defense a little. We don't get as much pressure on the QB as I would like and we haven't generated as many turnovers as I wiuld like. They have improved a lot in the last couple games so I'm optimistic.

I would like to see us work harder on special teams.

riverdale is a perfect team for the wing t some of the most successful teams in the nation run it.For it to be affective you need an athletic o line because of the way lineman have to pull and get out and block,id say this offense is using riverdales strengths and you can throw out of it!!!

Every year is a rebuilding year, sometimes you may have more players returning to build around than other years. With Coach 'A' at the helm, R'dale will have one of the top programs in the state in the future just like they have had in the past.

Just because Rankin left the program did not mean the end of R'dale. He did a great job of utilizing their talent ( it has always been there ) and forming a powerhouse program. Coach Watts was a winner too.

Coach A was a great hire, stay behind him and he will keep R'dale at the top year in and year out.

This is going to be a long two weeks waiting on Smyrna.

What does everyone think will happen with the new out of region schedules next year?

I would like to drop DC, at least until 840 is complete all the way. The drive over and back is just too hard and there's nothing to do over there after the game. I could go for a trip to Chattanooga every two years. Maybe cook up something with McCallie or Ooltewah?

Hope we keep the game with LC...I like that trip.

I'm probably in the minority but I would love to have a series with BA or maybe one of the Brentwood/Franklin 5A schools. MBA would be cool too but I wouldn't want to lose that scrimmage.

I'm thinking Coach A may have some teams in mind that could change our schedule. Did he play any 5A teams when he was at Hillsboro? Could Hillsboro be on the agenda? My wife would like that...close to Green Hills mall.

Just passing the time on the off week.