Smith County vs. Westmoreland

SCHS FAN

It may not be a blow out, but SC will win! I'm still sticking to 24 - 0!

They run a great wing T. Nice and tight. Monterey copied it this year. Gave FC a fit with it. Just stay at home and good things will happen for you. I think they will score before the D figures it all out. They dont have an answer for TEZ. SC35 - Westmoreland 7. I say 35 because of the SC coach sportsmanship cut off score. Have a safe trip & a good time up there SC. GO OWLS!!! Oops fingers slipped. :P

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They run a great wing T. Nice and tight. Monterey copied it this year. Gave FC a fit with it. Just stay at home and good things will happen for you. I think they will score before the D figures it all out. They dont have an answer for TEZ. SC35 - Westmoreland 7. I say 35 because of the SC coach sportsmanship cut off score. Have a safe trip & a good time up there SC. GO OWLS!!! Oops fingers slipped. :(

We have played many wing-t teams over the last several years. The only one that has had success is Catholic. I don't think Westmoland has a Harrison Smith though. Westmoland abandoned it last year early when they couldn't run (41 yards)...and went to the spread. Wonder if they will do that again this year. :P Our guys should be ready for either.

Edited by Antwan

We have played many wing-t teams over the last several years. The only one that has had success is Catholic. I don't think Westmoland has a Harrison Smith though. Westmoland abandoned it last year early when they couldn't run (41 yards)...and went to the spread. Wonder if they will do that again this year. :angry:

I dont think they will abandon it. They dont have the power in the backs to do that. Plus the line is so use to it, it would cause problems they couldnt overcome. A spread and small backs would prove to be a big mistake. Who knows they might come up with a new plan just for SC. Like a local team we wont mention always does. :blink: I say bring what you do best. Play your best players where they play best. Then again Im just a fan. I dont see the big picture fans are supposed to be missing. Never comes in focus for some reason. :lol:

They run a great wing T. Nice and tight. Monterey copied it this year. Gave FC a fit with it. Just stay at home and good things will happen for you. I think they will score before the D figures it all out. They dont have an answer for TEZ. SC35 - Westmoreland 7. I say 35 because of the SC coach sportsmanship cut off score. Have a safe trip & a good time up there SC. GO OWLS!!! Oops fingers slipped. :angry:

Well i really hope Tez has improved because he sure didnt do much last year

I know they do. I saw them Friday night. Tez is low 4.5, high 4.4. He can fly. Ask around. He has totally left everyone he has played this year except for Harrison Smith. You have no Harrison Smith. :angry:

thats fast 4.5 realy nice...we have some boys close to that #4 for the eagles is a mid 4.5 and # 30 is just a step off that not to mention others......we will see how it plays out friday night under the lights

Actually about the only thing close to success Westmoreland had last year was their ability to throw to Kowolski, a tall WR, on Tez, somewhat shorter DB. Never were able to get too close to scoring though. Tez has made tremendous strides this season and has a variety of big plays and a handfull of picks coming into this game. If Westmoreland is able to have any kind of success in the running game, it could be closer longer. Otherwise, and I think more likely, Owls will make the Eagles one dimensional again and control ths game from the start. 35-7 sounds pretty close.

Who wins on paper?

Better Athletes - SC

Better Coaching Staff - Tie

Most Exprienced Starters - WHS

Home Field Advantage - WHS

Best Overall Record - SC(6-1) WHS(6-2)

Best Region Record - Tie 3-0

CoachT.com Poll - SC (79%)

Points Scored Last Seven Games - WHS(236) SC(202)

Points Allowed Last Seven Games - SC(53) WHS(95)

Margin of Victory Against Teams Both Have Played - SC(+84) WHS (+12)

Obviously both of these teams bring something to the table this Friday Night. But, the game is not played on paper, "that's why they play the game." But, it does make for some interesting talk before then.

thats fast 4.5 realy nice...we have some boys close to that #4 for the eagles is a mid 4.5 and # 30 is just a step off that not to mention others......we will see how it plays out friday night under the lights

That is fast. Didn't realize that Westmoreland had that speed. I thought Clint Brown was the last person from Westmoreland to have that kind of speed. As for Tez, he is fast, but going zero to sixty is where he gets everyone. Bass is fast as well, and there are others that are sneaky fast.