Who will be the top four in Region 2-5A?

baller141

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Ooltewah

2) Farragut

3) McMinn

4) William Blount

I think OR is up againist it with their QB being out with the broken hand but the McMinn / WB and OR/WB game are so very important to all teams. McMinn has by far the easiest of the schedules remaining out of all of these schools. Yes everyone wants to make the playoffs but you want to stay out of that #4 spot because that means a trip to DB.

1) Ooltewah

2) Farragut

3) McMinn

4) William Blount

I think OR is up againist it with their QB being out with the broken hand but the McMinn / WB and OR/WB game are so very important to all teams. McMinn has by far the easiest of the schedules remaining out of all of these schools. Yes everyone wants to make the playoffs but you want to stay out of that #4 spot because that means a trip to DB.

Owls been there last 2 years 1-1 not scared

farragut ooltewah oak ridge and william blount

havent come up with what order though.

soddydaisysports... is it even possible for SD to make it?

yea the week before heritage we were always looking down the road, but that week we decided to take it one game at a time and that is gonna work for us so we are going to go balls to the wall this week and will take it week by week. if soddy daisy loses i will be surprised

yea the week before heritage we were always looking down the road, but that week we decided to take it one game at a time and that is gonna work for us so we are going to go balls to the wall this week and will take it week by week. if soddy daisy loses i will be surprised

That's a great attitude to have. Big difference in Heritage and what you have left on your schedule. Enjoy the ride! <_<

Are the Owls that good this year?

In a word Rigger yes is the best team I've seen in 3 years watching em and you've seen the last two. Burke McDade etc were good last year beating OR DB and SD lost twice to farrygut and once to WB but is totally different team cause last year bout 6 players played both ways this year none do and QB is better RB is a year older Recievers are seniors and the Defense is young big and fast.

That's a great post right there. Good job TG24!!

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Here's an update on the playoff status for all the teams of Region 2-5A.

Ooltewah and Farragut will meet this Friday at Ooltewah to decide the Region championship. After that game, the two remaining games for both Farragut and Ooltewah are Soddy Daisy and Oak Ridge. Neither Farragut nor Ooltewah will lose to Soddy Daisy, and even if the winner of Farragut vs. Ooltewah loses to Oak Ridge, they will still get the number one seed in Region 2. The Farragut vs. Ooltewah game will more than likely decide the number two seed as well. The only way that the loser of that game will not be the number two seed is if Farragut loses the Ooltewah game and also to Oak Ridge, and that William Blount and Oak Ridge both win out. This would create a three-way tie for the second seed, with all teams involved in the tie having a 5-2 Region record. I'm not sure how this tie-breaker would shake out. So, a little catch-up as of now. The winner of the Farragut vs Ooltewah game will get the first seed, and the loser will most likely get the number two seed.

The number three seed will go to William Blount if the Governors beat McMinn this Friday and win out. If the Governors lose to McMinn this Friday, it throws the fight for the third seed into a little bit of confusion. If McMinn wins Friday night against William Blount, and they run the table, then they will recieve the number three seed in the Region. The only way that Oak Ridge can get a number three seed is to win out, and have each William Blount and McMinn lose once more.

Here's how the number four seed shakes out. If William Blount wins against McMinn this Friday, and both teams win out after that (which is very likely), William Blount gets the third seed and Oak Ridge gets the fourth seed if they beat Farragut and Ooltewah. If Oak Ridge loses to either Farragut or Ooltewah and McMinn loses to William Blount, the Cherokees would still get the fourth seed. If McMinn wins against William Blount this Friday night, with the assumption that the Govs and Cherokees both win out (again, very likely), the Cherokees would get the third seed and Oak Ridge would get the fourth seed if they beat Farragut and Ooltewah. If McMinn beats William Blount, and Oak Ridge loses to either Farragut or Ooltewah, William Blount would still get the fourth seed over the Wildcats.

Here is each teams remaning schedule to help allieviate some of the confusion:

William Blount:

Oct. 13 McMinn Co.

Oct. 20 at Bradley Central

Oct. 27 Heritage

Oak Ridge:

Oct. 13 Soddy Daisy

Oct. 20 Ooltewah

Oct. 27 at Farragut

McMinn:

Oct. 13 at William Blount

Oct. 20 Heritage

Oct. 26 Bradley Central

And also the standings as of now:

1 Ooltewah 4-0

2 Farragut 4-0

3 William Blount 2-2

4 McMinn County 2-2

5 Oak Ridge 2-2

6 Bradley Central 1-3

7 Soddy Daisy 1-3

8 Heritage 0-4

Hope all of this helps guys!

A week ago, this would have seemed impossible! But, now, it looks like the most realistic scenario. You are correct, however, after the games next week, the playoff picture will be very clear for William Blount, McMinn, and Oak Ridge. If the Wildcats lose to the Govs and to Farragut, I would be very worried if I were a Wildcat fan. The Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah game will be HUGE, and, this year, I'm not very convinced that Oak Ridge can win that game. Oak Ridge is out of the playoffs. William Blount is facing two MUST WIN games in Oak Ridge and McMinn. If the Govs win both of these, then they are more than likely looking at a third seed, which would bode very well for the Govs, possibly having them make another trip to Sevierville. Oak Ridge, despite the year, is always going to be a very difficult game to win, and McMinn can beat anyone in the Region on any given night. If William Blount doesn't rebound strongly from three very draining and difficult games (Ooltewah, Maryville, and Farragut), then the Govs are on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. William Blount MUST beat McMinn to make the playoffs, and MUST beat Oak Ridge to avoid a trip to Kingsport in the first round. McMinn is pretty much waiting on the outcomes of other games in the Region before the Cherokees can get a good reading of their playoff standing. The game crucial to McMinn this week is William Blount vs. Oak Ridge, if the Wildcats lose to William Blount, the Cherokees only need either a Wildcat loss to either Farragut or Ooltewah to get in the playoffs. All of this is being said with the assumption that the bottom three teams (Soddy Daisy, Heritage, and Bradley Central) don't pull any upsets, which they more than likely will not. Going to be a VERY exciting two weeks!!

I'm with you. Things have taken a very surprising turn in the last couple of weeks. Who would have thought the Cats would lost two weeks in a row? I sure didn't. The next two weeks tell the tale, but anything can happen on the field. I believe it is probably Ooltewah, Farragut, William Blount, and a surprising McMinn. I can't believe I'm saying this. I would never have picked Oak Ridge to lose two more, but as it looks right now, unless they can pull something out of the hat, they will likely lose to Farragut and Ooltewah.