Farragut @ Ooltewah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Man if we win I'll be happy. I hate Farragut more than I hate any other team at any level in sports. They were complete jerkwads in the playoffs last year, with their announcer cheering for their team over the intercom. That's completely unexcusible. Not to mention their beating of Ooltewah at the end of 2004 which cost us our playoff position.

Ooltewah by 17.

it wasnt Farragut's announcer it was a players dad. but yeah i go to farragut and i thought it was stupid and shouldnt have been done. but im going to the game and i hope we win so we can win the region.

why do u hate Farragut soo much and how were we jerkwads? naybe we were tired of no one t hinking we would win either game. please explain im curious.

and the announer cheering for the team isnt bad.. its like at tennessee how the pa guy gets into it more when tennessee does something.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Even though I picked Ooltewah in an earlier post, no one in Hooterville ought to be very comfortable in this one. Like I said earlier, the Owls have had trouble with Farragut in past years, and I don't see why things should be any different. This one clearly can go either way.

I don't know why anyone would have such animosity toward Farragut. My trips to their stadium in the past have always been a really good football atmosphere, and I have never seen any reason to have anthing but praise for the behavior I have seen in their fans and players in the past. They have a good tradition and play a very smash mouth style of football. It's fun to watch and the game this Friday is going to be a good one.

This is a very surprising Ootlewah team on the other hand. I would have probably picked them about 7-3 at the beginning of the season, maybe even 6-4. However, they will do no worse than 8-2, and will likely end up 9-1 or 10-0. I have said several times, this is a very young team. Only about 10-12 seniors get a lot of playing time, and they play an awful lot of sophomores and juniors and a couple of freshman. In fact, in some positions they are playing three deep--deeper than any Owl team I have seen in the past. They are fast and they are athletic. However, Farragut's size is going to give them a lot of trouble.

Good luck to both teams.

So your saying Farragut is the better team because Ooltewah's running back doesnt run up to line.. Ooltewah 20 Ads 13

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. If you'll go back and read my post, I didn't draw that conclusion at all.

What I said was that the Owl RB telegraphed (IMHO) whether he was part of the play or not based on how he went up to his set position. When he trotted up to his position fast out of the huddle, it tended to indicate that he was going to get the ball. If he went up to his position in a slower manner, in all but one instance that I noticed in the 3rd and 4th quarters, he wasn't involved. There was one time that he slowly went to his position and then received the football. In other words, he telegraphed whether he was getting the ball on the play.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. If you'll go back and read my post, I didn't draw that conclusion at all.

What I said was that the Owl RB telegraphed (IMHO) whether he was part of the play or not based on how he went up to his set position. When he trotted up to his position fast out of the huddle, it tended to indicate that he was going to get the ball. If he went up to his position in a slower manner, in all but one instance that I noticed in the 3rd and 4th quarters, he wasn't involved. There was one time that he slowly went to his position and then received the football. In other words, he telegraphed whether he was getting the ball on the play.

How far from the huddle is his position its not like a linemans spot?