Temple vs. South Pittsburg at Finley

jeswins

We always compare the present with the past. It is part of who we are. How do you know that SP is a lot better without comparing them to last year? I am sure you do not mean that SP is the only team that is better than last year. I attended the MC game and with all the talk about how good SP is I really expected to see more out of them and they showed a lot. Honestly, though, I did not see anyone who had the speed of Temple's Kameron Ridley. I did not see anyone who was quicker than Joey Skogen and Dee Neusome. I certainly did not see anyone who had the hands, size, and power of Seth Skogen (He has the ability to embarass the defense, repeatedly). I also, did not see anyone who could match up against Josh Smith. Marion County lost to SP because they were slow and could not match up on speed. They continued to contain SP's running game and their offensive line continued to crumble SP's line. Where they got hurt was their lack of speed. That will be the difference in making this Friday a great game. Temple, I think, has the size to contain SP's defense giving their QB the time to make the plays. They definitely have enough quickness, power, and speed to contend with SP.

In every way, Temple has improved over last year, just like SP has. Temple would have beaten MC just as soundly as SP did if they had played them. I would be very careful about overlooking Temple. I am not sure Temple even realizes how good their own team is.

Old Pirate says this noise sounds like all the talk LAST year, that Temple WOULD win the region and contend for a state championship

Old Pirate says temple is a want-a-bee,look at their uniforms

Old Pirate says dads should be careful about bragging on their kids

Old Pirate says if the players temple have are deserving of praise / respect it would be best if it came from outside sources

That said, Old Pirate agrees that temple does have several quality players

Old Pirate says this game could be close if the Pirates do not remain humble and RETURN to work on Monday with focus on the most important game of the season (their next opponent)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things to remember SPEED PITTSBURG ....!!!!!!!!! and Temple ain't as good as MC, Enough said :D

Old Pirate asks the zonepirate if he can beleive that noise the pasture posted about jasper being slow and temple would have beat jasper like S.P. did?

Old Pirate says this cat must be on depression medication

Old Pirate has respect for the valley boys

Old Pirate says jasper would mash temple with the physical game

Old Pirate says just because temple copied the Pirates with look-a-like uniforms does not mean temple could beat jasper the way the Pirates did.

THE PIRATES ARE STILL THE 1A TEAM TO BEAT IN EAST

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate asks the zonepirate if he can beleive that noise the pasture posted about jasper being slow and temple would have beat jasper like S.P. did?

Old Pirate says just because temple copied the Pirates with look-a-like uniforms does not mean temple could beat jasper the way the Pirates did.

I am not saying that Temple is going to win but I cannot say that SP is going to win. I have seen both teams play and SP has some unquestionable speed across the board and excellent coaching. Temple on the other hand, has some qualities that I did not see in SP Friday. MC showed that it doesn't matter how fast you are running the ball if you are continually contained behind the line of defense. Most of SP's points were a result of MC's mistakes, coaching, and slowness, and the passing game SP had to switch to because their running game was getting shut down. Temple has a much better passing game than SP.

It sounds like the Old Pirate has not yet attended a good Temple game this season. The Old Pirate should not talk so much about things he is not familiar with. It makes the Old Pirate seem like he may have Alzheimers. :D

By the way, it is a good thing football is played in the fall during harvest time to match SP's pumpkin colored uniforms. Do they go trick or treating on Halloween in those things?

Edited by Pasture

I am not saying that Temple is going to win but I cannot say that SP is going to win. I have seen both teams play and SP has some unquestionable speed across the board and excellent coaching. Temple on the other hand, has some qualities that I did not see in SP Friday. MC showed that it doesn't matter how fast you are running the ball if you are continually contained behind the line of defense. Most of SP's points were a result of MC's mistakes, coaching, and slowness, and the passing game SP had to switch to because their running game was getting shut down. Temple has a much better passing game than SP.

It sounds like the Old Pirate has not yet attended a good Temple game this season. The Old Pirate should not talk so much about things he is not familiar with. It makes the Old Pirate seem like he may have Alzheimers. :D

By the way, it is a good thing football is played in the fall during harvest time to match SP's pumpkin colored uniforms. Do they go trick or treating on Halloween in those things?

the pirates will do to temple what they did to jasper.. after the 1st qrtr jasper had no clue of what to expect next... a run? a pass? for you that dont think spitt can't pass.. call jasper im sure its a 942 number and ask if spitt can pass.. Temple has a cpl players . wait.. isnt this what jasper fans said last week. ? all this!!!! and if u think jasper controlled the line.. what game was you watching? spitt 52 temple 14 or less..... good luck with that 14

Edited by Geno

the pirates will do to temple what they did to jasper.. after the 1st qrtr jasper had no clue of what to expect next... a run? a pass? for you that dont think spitt can't pass.. call jasper im sure its a 942 number and ask if spitt can pass.. Temple has a cpl players . wait.. isnt this what jasper fans said last week. ? all this!!!! and if u think jasper controlled the line.. what game was you watching? spitt 52 temple 14 or less..... good luck with that 14

You are trying to be silly aren't you? Do you really think that SP's defense is going to hold Temple's lightning quick offense to only 14 points. It will be a much closer spread than that and I can assure you that if Temple walks away with a win I will not be surprised.

Temple normally picks up speed as the game goes on. They normally do not slow down once they get their rhythm going.

Believe me, I saw the game and I repeatedly saw SP's defensive line stopped by MC's offensive line. If MC had an offense it would have been a much different game. Everything they did on offense was weak other than continuing to stop SP's line. Like I have said before, SP has a dominating offense and a strong defense but do you think that Temple is 7-0 for no reason? SP played a great game Friday night and I bet that almost every game they have played has been very exciting and nearly perfect in its execution. SP has a great program and some really great kids playing on the field. You have earned the bragging rights.

I predict that the game will be close at half time and that Temple pulls out a win in the end and the SP fans will be eating humble pie. If I am wrong, give me a fork and a plate and pass the salt. :D

It sounds like the Old Pirate has not yet attended a good Temple game this season. The Old Pirate should not talk so much about things he is not familiar with. It makes the Old Pirate seem like he may have Alzheimers. :lol:

Old Pirate says temple should not talk smack until they have actually really done something

Old Pirate says the Pirates have been known for YEARS as treating smack talking want-a-bees their friday butt kicking

Old Pirate says be CAREFUL some player might actually be recruited by a team wearing ORANGE.

Old Pirate says there are a lot of orange lovers that read this forum that might take offence to smack talking dads

Old Pirate says

PIRATES, READ THIS SMACK NOISE & USE IT AS ADDITIONAL MODIVATION

It sounds like the Old Pirate has not yet attended a good Temple game this season. The Old Pirate should not talk so much about things he is not familiar with. It makes the Old Pirate seem like he may have Alzheimers. :lol:

Old Pirate says the pasture needs to check his depression medication

Old Pirate says Pirates ran for nearly 300 YARDS that is not considered a shut down by normal thinking people

Old Pirate says maybe the pasture is on Alzheimers medication & depression medication

Old Pirate says he OBVIOUSLY is still confused

well lets see.... This Game will be close after 6 mins...... temple has played no one with spitts speed. and just like jasper they thought they could contain that speed.... the offensive line of the pirate tore jasper a new one..... i dont think for 1 min that temple can score 17 points on our defense.. we are the number 1 scoring team in Tennessee in any classification and i think in the top 5 in defense of any class...7 games with 4 shut outs....... had what 4 touchdowns scored on us? i think 1 was on the 1st team... wich is what Temple will see all game long.........

You are trying to be silly aren't you? Do you really think that SP's defense is going to hold Temple's lightning quick offense to only 14 points. It will be a much closer spread than that and I can assure you that if Temple walks away with a win I will not be surprised.

Temple normally picks up speed as the game goes on. They normally do not slow down once they get their rhythm going.

Believe me, I saw the game and I repeatedly saw SP's defensive line stopped by MC's offensive line. If MC had an offense it would have been a much different game. Everything they did on offense was weak other than continuing to stop SP's line. Like I have said before, SP has a dominating offense and a strong defense but do you think that Temple is 7-0 for no reason? SP played a great game Friday night and I bet that almost every game they have played has been very exciting and nearly perfect in its execution. SP has a great program and some really great kids playing on the field. You have earned the bragging rights.

I predict that the game will be close at half time and that Temple pulls out a win in the end and the SP fans will be eating humble pie. If I am wrong, give me a fork and a plate and pass the salt. :P

Yes, Temple might score 14 and again they might not

No. Temple has some talent but here is the real reason they are 7-0

Seq Co 39-19

Lookout Valley 33-14

Unaka 33-0

Taft 57-42

Oakdale 41-0

Silverdale 28-21

Whitwell 47-13

Notice the Silverdale, Lookout Valley and Taft games. All Temple has beaten is muffin teams and 3 of them are not very impressive wins. Speed Pittsburg has also beaten some of those muffins but we also beat 3 - 2A teams and we beat the muffins in a more convincing fashion. Forget last year look at this year!!!

Take small bites, wouldn't want you the get choked

In every way, Temple has improved over last year, just like SP has. Temple would have beaten MC just as soundly as SP did if they had played them. I would be very careful about overlooking Temple. I am not sure Temple even realizes how good their own team is.

Are you kidding?? Temple barely beat Taft and Silverdale but they could beat MC like SP did? Do you realize what you just posted???? Taft??? Silverdale??? I know the SP coaches and team are taking the Temple game just as seriously as any game. They don't overlook anybody. I hope the Temple players and coaches are taking SP as lightly as you are but I doubt they are.

Old Pirate, as you can see by my reply to him I was a little amazed at his statement.