Temple vs. South Pittsburg at Finley

jeswins

I am really enjoying the lively discussion with you South Pittsburg guys and I really appreaciate your passion for your team! There is no smack or disrespect intended in any of my comments. They are simply my personal opinions based on what I have seen. And, yes, I do rather enjoy seeing you guys get your dander up. I

It is true that Temple does not have as strong a schedule as SP and you definitely did beat the same teams more soundly than we did. And, even though I am not on depression or alzheimers medication, I truly may be somewhat delirious.

If you have not seen Temple play this year then you are not really qualified to talk about what they can or cannot do on the field. I have seen Temple play and I have seen SP play. From all the smoke blowing around on these message boards, I expected to see a whole lot more on the field than what I saw Friday night. I did see a really good football team (SP) playing a team that did not seem to know what it was doing(MC) (We see the same thing every Friday night at Temple games). When I saw SP play, I thought, wow this is a good team but I think we can contend with them.

SP is favored to win Friday and understandably so. If they do, though, it will be with fear and trembling, knowing they were almost beaten by little ole Temple. It is foolish for you to think that Temple will not score more than 14 points. It is more than foolish, it is absurd. Temple will score a minimum of 28 points. I know that SP will score a lot of points as they have every game except against Boyd (What happened there?) but Temple will also score a lot of points.

By the way, over at Temple, they do not consider almost 300 yards rushing a big deal. They do that all the time just like SP does. But the stats you should check out is how many passing yards they have compared to SP's.

In no way am I taking SP lightly. I am fully aware of what they are capable of and have a great deal of respect for the team and the coaches. I am also soberly aware of the twice as many players on the sidelines that SP has.

If Temple is to win, it will require a lot of guts and heart and some serious scrapping on the field. They can do it.

Hey, it is time for me to go take my medicine. Have a great day tomorrow!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really enjoying the lively discussion with you South Pittsburg guys and I really appreaciate your passion for your team! There is no smack or disrespect intended in any of my comments. They are simply my personal opinions based on what I have seen. And, yes, I do rather enjoy seeing you guys get your dander up. I

It is true that Temple does not have as strong a schedule as SP and you definitely did beat the same teams more soundly than we did. And, even though I am not on depression or alzheimers medication, I truly may be somewhat delirious.

If you have not seen Temple play this year then you are not really qualified to talk about what they can or cannot do on the field. I have seen Temple play and I have seen SP play. From all the smoke blowing around on these message boards, I expected to see a whole lot more on the field than what I saw Friday night. I did see a really good football team (SP) playing a team that did not seem to know what it was doing(MC) (We see the same thing every Friday night at Temple games). When I saw SP play, I thought, wow this is a good team but I think we can contend with them.

SP is favored to win Friday and understandably so. If they do, though, it will be with fear and trembling, knowing they were almost beaten by little ole Temple. It is foolish for you to think that Temple will not score more than 14 points. It is more than foolish, it is absurd. Temple will score a minimum of 28 points. I know that SP will score a lot of points as they have every game except against Boyd (What happened there?) but Temple will also score a lot of points.

By the way, over at Temple, they do not consider almost 300 yards rushing a big deal. They do that all the time just like SP does. But the stats you should check out is how many passing yards they have compared to SP's.

In no way am I taking SP lightly. I am fully aware of what they are capable of and have a great deal of respect for the team and the coaches. I am also soberly aware of the twice as many players on the sidelines that SP has.

If Temple is to win, it will require a lot of guts and heart and some serious scrapping on the field. They can do it.

Hey, it is time for me to go take my medicine. Have a great day tomorrow!

Pasture, you can tell us a lot about the skill players but name one good linemen that the Crusaders have.

S.P. has a good line, and though not the biggest they are very physical(you can ask M.C. I'm sure).

S.P. has the advantage of players that have played together since Jr. High that have worked for years in the weight room. They have been winning TOGETHER for a long time. They don't have players that showed up this year to play on a team that are talented, they have a group of kids that have been through it and won championships. This is a difference maker in big time games, and will be the difference in this game. I'm just glad there is some competition in the region.

Pasture, You aren't ruffling feathers with the S.P. fans either, just realize that we've been around for a long time and have a lot of tradition. It's hard to hear someone hype up a team that's never won a single play off game. Too, if you've seen S.P. play you know they play with swagger and confidence. We as fans have that same swagger and confidence in our team. We like to talk smack, and almost all the time we walk the walk. So do us a favor, and show some respect until you walk the walk and cut the big talk.

Old Pirate says delirious! Webster def is raving,as from fever:wandering in mind: Syn: mad,crazed

Old Pirate says he TOTALLY AGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Pirate has not talked smack about the game friday night,

Old Pirate says to the Pirates read these posts, listen

and let your play SPEAK

Old Pirate says NO "dander up here" but my side has hurt all day from the laughter. I may need some (pain) medication soon.

Old Pirate asks the pasture, ARE YOU A TEMPLE COACH?

Old Pirate can not figure out how you know what the S.P. coach said after the game unless you are one of the coaches. It's not like he had a press conference.

Old Pirate says We ALL know that someone from temple would not dare lie????

Oh well maybe it is just the deliriousness

Old Pirate says he hope all the kids leave the field w/o injury!!!!

MAYBE A FEW DAYS REST WOULD HELP THIS CAT

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I am really And, even though I am not on depression or alzheimers medication, I truly may be somewhat delirious.

I tend to agree

From all the smoke blowing around on these message boards, I expected to see a whole lot more on the field than what I saw Friday night. I did see a really good football team (SP) playing a team that did not seem to know what it was doing(MC) (We see the same thing every Friday night at Temple games). When I saw SP play, I thought, wow this is a good team but I think we can contend with them.

Are you sure you were at the right game?? :angry:

. By the way, over at Temple, they do not consider almost 300 yards rushing a big deal. They do that all the time just like SP does. But the stats you should check out is how many passing yards they have compared to SP's.

All against muffin teams. Three are 0-7 and one is 2-5 and none have a win against a quality team. Sure SP has played some muffins but we don't have to pass much. We can pass effectively (against MC for example) but just don't need much passing. If you had to pass to beat Silverdale (2-5) you are in trouble :lol:

I enjoy the verbal battles myself. It just not wise to bring a knife to a gun fight :blink:

Edited by zonepirate

Pasture, you can tell us a lot about the skill players but name one good linemen that the Crusaders have.

S.P. has a good line, and though not the biggest they are very physical(you can ask M.C. I'm sure).

S.P. has the advantage of players that have played together since Jr. High that have worked for years in the weight room. They have been winning TOGETHER for a long time. They don't have players that showed up this year to play on a team that are talented, they have a group of kids that have been through it and won championships. This is a difference maker in big time games, and will be the difference in this game. I'm just glad there is some competition in the region.

Pasture, You aren't ruffling feathers with the S.P. fans either, just realize that we've been around for a long time and have a lot of tradition. It's hard to hear someone hype up a team that's never won a single play off game. Too, if you've seen S.P. play you know they play with swagger and confidence. We as fans have that same swagger and confidence in our team. We like to talk smack, and almost all the time we walk the walk. So do us a favor, and show some respect until you walk the walk and cut the big talk.

You tell'em Silky

I was it the game last Friday night. What I witnessed was a good old fashioned butt kicking. I sure didn't expect that to happen. I sure thought that SP would concentrate more on the run than they did. I believe they ran like 52 times and threw about 12 times(estimate from Chatt. TFP). Normally the only throw about 3-5 times from what I understand. BUT, I believe that is what helped them win this game. We stopped them the first two series like it was nothing. Then on their third series they started throwing. After that, it opened up the run.

I always have said that the more balanced the offensive attack is, the more effective it is too. We try to throw it most of the time, when I believe if we would run a little more, it would just open up our passing game. The same goes for SP. They have a very capable passer in the Robinson kid who makes very good decisions on the field. I can't remember him throwing an ill-advised pass during the whole game. They also have some very speedy receivers who can make some big plays IF they catch the ball. I know of at least 1 dropped pass against us that would have probably been a TD. If SP would throw about 20-25 times a game(would still leave about 40-45 rushing attempts) it would make the defenses loosen up and play agaist the pass, which would in turn allow the RB's to gain even more yards. I am not a SP hater like most here(they ARE a part of Marion County) but I think this would make them VERY VERY dangerous and even more unstoppable. Think about it........ They usually lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs because they face a team that says...."we are gonna stop your running....if you can pass and beat us, so be it, but that's what you are going to have to do." And SP still tries to run, run, run. (sound alot like what Boyd did to You this year). Look at last year. We won by one point (GO WARRIORS) and SP had a reciever that no one from our team could come close to stopping. They didn't even use him until the second half. No doubt in my mind SP would have won handily if they would have been throwing the whole game. But that is the past.

Good Luck to the pirates this friday. I believe that Temple is a good team but not good enough to hang with the pirates. My early prediction......

SP 42 TT 32 (if SP only tries to run)

SP 55 TT 32 (if SP is two dimentional like they could be)

I sure wish I could see this one but I'll be @ MC vs. Bledsoe County. GO WARRIORS :angry:

Slick Rick says Slick Rick is now a fan of the orange and black. Slick Rick has officially jumped onto the pirate ship. Slick Rick came to the game on Friday and was truly embarrassed by the effort of the warriors. Slick Rick says he only follows a winning program. Marion is obviously not a winning program anymore. Slick Rick says he will be coming to the rest of SP's games this season. Slick Rick bought an SP shirt before leaving the game on Friday night. Slick Rick is looking forward to this game at Finley. Good luck guys. The New Slick Rick is pulling for you guys.

I was it the game last Friday night. What I witnessed was a good old fashioned butt kicking. I sure didn't expect that to happen. I sure thought that SP would concentrate more on the run than they did. I believe they ran like 52 times and threw about 12 times(estimate from Chatt. TFP). Normally the only throw about 3-5 times from what I understand. BUT, I believe that is what helped them win this game. We stopped them the first two series like it was nothing. Then on their third series they started throwing. After that, it opened up the run.

I always have said that the more balanced the offensive attack is, the more effective it is too. We try to throw it most of the time, when I believe if we would run a little more, it would just open up our passing game. The same goes for SP. They have a very capable passer in the Robinson kid who makes very good decisions on the field. I can't remember him throwing an ill-advised pass during the whole game. They also have some very speedy receivers who can make some big plays IF they catch the ball. I know of at least 1 dropped pass against us that would have probably been a TD. If SP would throw about 20-25 times a game(would still leave about 40-45 rushing attempts) it would make the defenses loosen up and play agaist the pass, which would in turn allow the RB's to gain even more yards. I am not a SP hater like most here(they ARE a part of Marion County) but I think this would make them VERY VERY dangerous and even more unstoppable. Think about it........ They usually lose in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs because they face a team that says...."we are gonna stop your running....if you can pass and beat us, so be it, but that's what you are going to have to do." And SP still tries to run, run, run. (sound alot like what Boyd did to You this year). Look at last year. We won by one point (GO WARRIORS) and SP had a reciever that no one from our team could come close to stopping. They didn't even use him until the second half. No doubt in my mind SP would have won handily if they would have been throwing the whole game. But that is the past.

Good Luck to the pirates this friday. I believe that Temple is a good team but not good enough to hang with the pirates. My early prediction......

SP 42 TT 32 (if SP only tries to run)

SP 55 TT 32 (if SP is two dimentional like they could be)

I sure wish I could see this one but I'll be @ MC vs. Bledsoe County. GO WARRIORS :thumb:

Great points that does make a lot of sense.

Slick Rick says Slick Rick is now a fan of the orange and black. Slick Rick has officially jumped onto the pirate ship. Slick Rick came to the game on Friday and was truly embarrassed by the effort of the warriors. Slick Rick says he only follows a winning program. Marion is obviously not a winning program anymore. Slick Rick says he will be coming to the rest of SP's games this season. Slick Rick bought an SP shirt before leaving the game on Friday night. Slick Rick is looking forward to this game at Finley. Good luck guys. The New Slick Rick is pulling for you guys.

Gut Wrench Gary wants to know if Slick Rick was wearing one of those "Fence Jumper" shirts Friday night. Gut Wrench Gary says the fence jumpers were no where to be found. Also, Gut Wrench Gary wants to know where Slick Rick parked Friday night. Did Zone Pirate take care of your parking accomodations?