Oneida & Sunbright

TheRinger

TB I dont know what your beef is with ohs an before I say this no disrespect to greennback, but ohs can beat greenback. Im not going to say that they cant beat york but it will be a tuff game. Those games dont matter right now what matters is sunbright. Ohs is very capable of winning this game friday the line has held up good this week from what I saw they were giving the qb's better pockets and the backs better holes. The D has been clicking good hopfully the O an D will both come out friday night and be tuned up and ready to roll. Good luck guys

OUT !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU SOUND LIKE THOMPSON IS NOT A PART OF THE TEAM. THE CONTROVERSY IS THE PROBLEM AND IF THE CONTROVERSY IS BETWEEN THE COACH AND THOMPSON THEN FIX IT BECAUSE SUNBRIGHT IS NOT WINNING WITHOUT THOMPSON. HOW MANY GAMES DO YOU NEED TO PLAY TO SEE THAT. YOU NEED LEADERSHIP COACHING TO FIX PROBLEMS AND SUNBRIGHT IS LACKING. YOU SAID STICK TOGETHER, I AGREE, BUT I SAY PLAY HAS A TEAM AND THOMPSON IS THE MOST TALENT THAT SUNBRIGHT HAS AND HE IS ON THE TEAM AND HAS MORE HEART FOR THE GAME THEN ANYONE.

Don't put words in my mouth, because I never said, nor meant to infer any such thing. Thompson is a very good ball player and has my complete respect as a player. He is a very important part of their offense. As for the problem concerning why he is not playing as much as any one would think...that would purely have to be taken up with the Sunbright coaching staff. I was simply pointing out that it takes 11 players on the field at a time to make a team and who ever may be playing at the time, it is still a team, and they need our support.

There are things that go on with any team sport that we never hear about that may affect these kind of decisions. Like I previously stated, I do not know why he isn't playing as much as you or anyone else would like because I have not heard anything from the "horses mouth." Sometimes we don't know all the details and it is easy to cast judgement and even second guess after the fact. I for one would rather wait until I can get some facts first......... I mean after all, I NOW feel I was a bit premature on the onside kicks. I'm not really one who fancies eating crow, so unless I can at least be reasonably sure I won't elaborate. I, as a fan, and as a parent of a player on the team want to see them win as much as anyone else does, and I know the more Brandon Thompson gets the ball the better those odds get. It is just my honest opinion that it isn't going to help anything to get in a public forum and bash coaches when we don't even know all the facts. That will not help the team at all. As I was taught when I was younger. "there is a time and a place for every thing" and it is just my honest opinion that this isn't the time and definitely isn't the place.

oneida hasn't been playing very good at all lately the defense is slowing down the offense cant get much slower so i dont know if they can beat sunbright, but sunbright isn't as hot as they was either...its anybody's game thats why i have no prediction i dont know who will take this one oneida probably has the little advantage because its at M.E. Thompson

take a moment think over what u just said corwley is one of the best athletes around and eric blevins is right behind him, and chas sexton did have soem oppurtunities to catch some balls but he didnt just like all the other wide outs that dropped balls all last year, darby probably is one of the best blockers around and he wasnt lazy, and cody lowe could run the ball with the best of them, but when you put all of these player son the field that busted their hyennes for ages for oneida and didnt even get the chance,so just look back and think

their is yur anwser sledge

Let's see Chas played for 2 years and got quite a few oppurtunities last year to make plays he didn't do anything but drop balls. Darby was a starter, he was their starting center and he QUIT, oh yeah and Chas QUIT, I think Cody Lowe QUIT, Crowley, QUIT, and Eric Blevins, he has never even set foot on a football field. That attitude right there defines this junior class, all talk and no go. They should not be given a chance next year because they should not be allowed to come out. They left thier team hanging when they coud've been contributing. Leftbehind, I take it you are a junior. I take it that way because you are left behind because like the rest of them you probably quit too.

Yeah, and they all quit, that is the final word, they quit. Doesn't matter how good they are they quit. I don't remember any of these kids making any plays when they had oppurtunities that is how you get and keep playing time, you earn it by making something happen. I didn't even know the Blevins kid ever set foot on a football field at Oneida. They busted their butts for ages? Since when is two years, being on the team as freshmen and sophmores is ages? You make it sound like they are 7th year seniors that have dominated and were never played, they were sophmores that didn't make good on chances that were given.

Edited by Sledge

Guest Shocker0

I forgot, but how many yards did Sunbright. I'm sure it was more than Oneida...but good job Oneida...I was glad to see that Sunbright got their defense going pretty defense, or was it Oneida's lack of offense? lol. GJ Indians, Sunbright had many chances but couldn't punch it in.

I forgot, but how many yards did Sunbright. I'm sure it was more than Oneida...but good job Oneida...I was glad to see that Sunbright got their defense going pretty defense, or was it Oneida's lack of offense? lol. GJ Indians, Sunbright had many chances but couldn't punch it in.

according to the knox news paper sunbright had about 100 yds more total offense than the tribe did. the tigers were somethin' like 20-40 for 200 yds passing. but they had 4 picks in there to. i think it was a combonation of your d and our lack of o but like i said earlier it's a win. good job by the tigers though

There will always be one thing that I will want to know about this game. Can anyone explain to me why Sunbright could not get a measurement when it was 4th and inches for a first, yet Oneida got a measurement and was more than a yard short? I don't know if they would have made the 1st down or not, but it was a lot closer than a yard and a half and the officials should have at least measured it.

There will always be one thing that I will want to know about this game. Can anyone explain to me why Sunbright could not get a measurement when it was 4th and inches for a first, yet Oneida got a measurement and was more than a yard short? I don't know if they would have made the 1st down or not, but it was a lot closer than a yard and a half and the officials should have at least measured it.

yeah i thought they would measure it to. it looked close

Are you talking about the one where they were at the one-yard line Willy?

That was the one. I mean the original line of scrimmage was between the 12 and the 13 yard line and the ball was clearly laying between the 1 and 2 yard line so they should have at least measured it. Unless my math is terribly wrong, there should have been a measurement. I can't say whether it would have any effect on the outcome of the game but I know it took a lot out of those kids emotionally and took them a while to get pumped back up.