2A, Region 5

tornadogold

I Was there, and Yes GP demolished Fairview. However, I can't let you say that Fairview scored all their points on your 2nd teamers. No, we will keep those points because it was awesome to see your QB run that fake punt (while up 28 in the 3rd) over toward our sideline, get blown up, fumble, and have our frosh SS take it to the rake. Oh and all of this was before GP pulled their starters.

Nothing quite like looking back on old times, but it's been said. Time to Move on!

Still lost 62-19

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why yall are complaining about running up the score on yall.first the fake punts are something GP works on everyday they do it in the games to see how good they will work.its a little easier to tell in a real game than against their own freshman.and if anyone knows coach martin punting is something he hates to do.GP doesnt run up the score on anyone have you heard dca or ER on hear complaining.their not gonna put their jv in for an entire half. all GP is doing is getting more reps in for their second team(which is almost as good as their first team).they have seven differnt very talented running backs and they all want time to play whether it comes when their at 7 points or 70.anyone that has been at any of GP's last 3 games knows they could have easily put up 90 on each one.just cause GP is so deep in talented players dont mean their running up the score.if they have the chance to score their gonna take it.

As for GP running up the score - the most certainly do!

At Fairview they tried a fake punt in the second half on a 4th and very long from their own 19 yard line with their starting quarterback running the ball. That doesn't sound like a team that is not trying to run up the score.

GP is good. In fact, I believe they are going to play in the Blue Cross Bowl. But they are guilty of running up the score.

The QB is the punter and they did it to get a fake punt on film and to do one in a game. The way they line up is designed for faking a punt. And David Martin is a great coach and a very classy man.

Yea you are right 6-2a is ready for a one and done playoff. Its sad when a 1-6 Harpeth fan can say that, why would a waverly fan talk crap when harpeth stayed close if not beat you all in a scrimmage this year??? I feel sorry for CPA to have to play you all in the first round because they are probably going to think you all are going to be a challenge. ha

I was there, it wasn't close and we didn't even have half of the starters playing. Several were nursing injuries so they didn't play in order to heal. :thumb:

First of all, let me say that Goodpasture is better than Fairview. If they see each other again, I expect the score to be closer than 62-19, but we will just have to wait and see.

Secondly, Goodpasture has put 60+ on two teams other than Fairview (East Robertson and DCA). These two teams are teams that Fairview has beaten pretty easily as well, and yet Fairview is getting no credit for these victories.

Lets look at the first-half scores of these games:

Fairview 36 DCA 7

Goodpasture 41 DCA 0

Fairview 35 East Robertson 8

Goodpasture 44 East Robertson 6

The reason that GP was able to hang 60+ on these teams and Fairview was not is that GP is MUCH deeper than Fairview. Also, Fairview is not going to try a fake punt when they are up by 28 points.

All I am saying is that Fairview is a good football team that will either be 2nd or 3rd in region 5-2A depending on what happens Thursday against CPA. In my opinion (which is admittedly biased) Fairview wins that game. Even if they don't, you can mark it down that it will be closer than most people think.

Can't compare scores, that means nothing. different circumstances in each game, everything is different, match ups, etc.

1. I am not complaining about the fake punt. I am happy that GP did it and Fairview scored on the play. I might have done the same thing if I had been calling the plays. I just want to say to those who say how "classy" Coach Martin is (and he is a great coach) that this was not a "classy" move. In my opinion, if you want to try out some things in live game situations that is fine, but if being classy is the goal, then you shouldn't run a fake punt when you are up by 28 points. I am sure that being "classy" and what the Fairview fans would think was the farthest thing from Coach Martin's mind - and it should have been. Coach Martin was doing what he thought was best for his team in the future. I have no problems with that. You just can't call it a "classy" move.

2. Fairview should have beaten DCA and East Robertson and don't deserve a lot of credit for doing so. My only problem is that people are on here bragging about GP putting 60+ on these two teams (as well as Fairview) and saying that Fairview isn't very good. Fairview is better than most people think they are. If you are going to use the fact that GP hung 60+ on DCA and East Robertson to talk about how dominant they are, then you have to at least admit that Fairview might be a good football team if they can put 35 on these same teams in the first half. We will see what they can do against CPA.

3. Worser isn't a word. :thumb: