Camden vs. Waverly

BOB_COOTER

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you Camden guys have noticed it or not, but there's a few Waverly people here who like to talk smack. Just thought I would bring it to your attention. You see, they play against the spread. Not the actual score at the end of the game. The spread (established by Lewis County) is 24. Now, if you beat them by 30, they are going to say you really only beat them by 6 because they let you score due to their mistakes...not the skill of the players. And they didn't score enough points due to their own untimely mistakes, not the play of your defense. This thread will have life well into the middle of next week until one of the mods kills it.

I don't know if you Camden guys have noticed it or not, but there's a few Waverly people here who like to talk smack. Just thought I would bring it to your attention. You see, they play against the spread. Not the actual score at the end of the game. The spread (established by Lewis County) is 24. Now, if you beat them by 30, they are going to say you really only beat them by 6 because they let you score due to their mistakes...not the skill of the players. And they didn't score enough points due to their own untimely mistakes, not the play of your defense. This thread will have life well into the middle of next week until one of the mods kills it.

It's funny to me that when Camden or Lewis County don't win by whatever amount they think they should, then they blame fumbles, younger players playing, people hurt, etc. but when Waverly has the same thing happen and talks about it, it becomes a lame excuse. Kind of a double standard don't you think?

This game will be close. Mark it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 NWTF

I graduated in 95 I believe the last year waverly more than 11 games deep. In the years of don don miller , casey murphree, robbin taylor, even bone, lee spratt...etc we were a very good team then not to say these boys playing now are not but I don't think waverly has seen a team as good as that one since we graduated. I did not get to play because I had a job my Senior year but I loved it all anyway I still worked out with the guys and I would have played but saving money at the time was a priority.

I may be wrong about the 11 game thing and anyone can and will feel free to correct me.

The 1993 team went 8-4 and the 1994 team went 10-3. The 1995 team(the fall after you graduated) went 6-5 (lost 1st round), the 2002 team went 8-3(lost 1st round) and the 2005 team went 5-6 (lost in bowl game). These are the only years that they have played more than 10 games in one season since the late 80s. Camden is a great team, dangerous at every position. They are very deserving of their ranking and should be rated as a heavy favorite. The Tigers will need to play a flawless game to have a chance to win. However, if everything was a sure thing, Las Vegas would not exist, would it?! Good luck to both teams.

It should be an exciting event for all. Bring a blanket or two.

It's funny to me that when Camden or Lewis County don't win by whatever amount they think they should, then they blame fumbles, younger players playing, people hurt, etc. but when Waverly has the same thing happen and talks about it, it becomes a lame excuse. Kind of a double standard don't you think?

:lol: When has Camden not won by what they thought they should?....40+ seems like enough to me :thumb:

the game will be over by the half and all the waverly ppl will go back across the river cryin tears of heartache, puzzled by what just hit their fine young men in the mouth all night long. moose anyone eh?mark it!!!!!!!! byron boyd and co. run wild against waverly 42-0 mark that down!!!!!!!!!....................... and on a waverly positive note don don miller was the best runnin back i have ever seen around here and i played against some mighty fines i might add.

Edited by camdenlionfan_1

the game will be over by the half and all the waverly ppl will go back across the river cryin tears of heartache, puzzled by what just hit their fine young men in the mouth all night long. moose anyone eh?mark it!!!!!!!! byron boyd and co. run wild against waverly 42-0 mark that down!!!!!!!!!....................... and on a waverly positive note don don miller was the best runnin back i have ever seen around here and i played against some mighty fines i might add.

Maybe so, but I doubt it. We'll just have to wait until Friday and see. :thumb:

Don don miller was the best running back, i have heard the same. Large and in charge, Coach Nebblett... that is funny, i know thats not him for a fact! 42-0... I'll bet ya your wrong on that. $20 on it, if your willing to take the chance.

JP, you know better than that, to take advantage of someone that just don't have a clue. :thumb:

fairview vs lewis county wouldnt be a good game, it would be dominated by lewis county....fairview and camden would be a lil closer but still not a good game, camden would still tear the yellow jackets up.....now if u start comparing waverly with fairview, that may be a good game....then again, if adamsville or richland playd fairview it would be agood game, either way lc, camden and waverly would all beat fairview....waverly will win this week, come out to camden if u dont believe me...17-14 waverly will have the offense this week, count on it

Well im gonna do one thing i abosuletly hate to do which is go back to a past game.. Now im incorrect i appoligize.. But lewis county got beat by Hickman last year.. Thats Hickman. Fairview killed them.. now i dont know how many seniors lewis county had starting last year .. But fairview only lost 4 starters from last year. So pretty much everyone is back.. Now ur saying ahh lewis and camden will kill yall.. Who have YALL PLAYED!!?? have u played the number 1 team in the state?? which is fairviews only loss.. Fairview always loses one game a season which tells them they need to get their heads on straight.. 2 years ago the lost to Montgomery Central of all people.. UPSET.. but they buckled down and went on to beat the number 1,2,and 3 seed teams on the road to win region. But obviously out there in god's country people dont look at statewide statistics.. Just on how good their doin in their region.. Which is weak if u ask me. But thats my oppinion..

Well im gonna do one thing i abosuletly hate to do which is go back to a past game.. Now im incorrect i appoligize.. But lewis county got beat by Hickman last year.. Thats Hickman. Fairview killed them.. now i dont know how many seniors lewis county had starting last year .. But fairview only lost 4 starters from last year. So pretty much everyone is back.. Now ur saying ahh lewis and camden will kill yall.. Who have YALL PLAYED!!?? have u played the number 1 team in the state?? which is fairviews only loss.. Fairview always loses one game a season which tells them they need to get their heads on straight.. 2 years ago the lost to Montgomery Central of all people.. UPSET.. but they buckled down and went on to beat the number 1,2,and 3 seed teams on the road to win region. But obviously out there in god's country people dont look at statewide statistics.. Just on how good their doin in their region.. Which is weak if u ask me. But thats my oppinion..

Now this has got to be the dumbest post I have ever seen, man all you do is get on here and spout out stupid. :thumb: