Independence @ Ravenwood

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravenwood because of experience, and a defense that will give whomever is QB fits.

This IS Indy's first rodeo.

I think Indy will be very strong defensively and we can't forget their running game...240 yards as a team against Dickson Co (one of the better defenses around) can't be overlooked. I look for the whole team to be ready to play in a game that means everything.

A loss here for the Eagles puts them behind Ravenwood for the 3rd spot and makes the Brentwood game determine who's in and who's out. Let's avoid that and get it done this Thursday boys.

What are some of the playoff scenarios with the top 5 in this league. With Brentwood already having a win over Ravenwood, wouldn't they prefer for Indy to beat Ravenwood? With a Ravenwood win here, would that give them a little advantage and make the Brentwood - Independence game for a play-off spot? Has Franklin and DC already solidified a playoff berth? Somebody fill me in. By the way, I'll take Ravenwood in a close one, because I think they need it more due to the loss to Brentwood.

Basically here's what's left...I spent some time doing this

Dickson County (4-0) plays:

Northeast

Franklin

Ravenwood

Independence (3-1) plays:

Ravenwood

Brentwood

Columbia

Franklin (3-1) plays

Columbia

Dickson

Centennial

Brentwood (2-2) plays

Centennial

Independence

Northeast

Ravenwood (2-2) plays

Independence

Northeast

Dickson Co.

I also assumed victories for all five of these teams in games against Centennial, Columbia, and Northeast

So here we have

Dickson (6-0) that plays Franklin

Independence (4-1) that plays Ravenwood and Brentwood

Brentwood (4-2) that plays Independence

Franklin (5-1) that plays Dickson

Ravenwood (3-2) that plays Independence and Dickson County

There are several scenarios...an Independence loss to Ravenwood guarantees that the IHS-BHS game is for a playoff spot with the loser going home. Franklin beating Dickson and Indy winning out would lead to a 3-way tie that Independence would win because:

First tiebreaker is overall number of victories--Indy and Franklin would have 9, Dickson would have 8

Indy and Franklin would then be tied and Indy beat Franklin, so there.

You can also do whatever you'd like with those. Brentwood is looking pretty solid to get in.

I think it's going to be

Dickson

Independence

Franklin

Brentwood

This regions going to go down to the final week. There could possibly be a 3 way tie for first at the end of the season, like a few years ago. After looking at the schedules and the standings, I'm pretty sure a win for DC and Franklin this week will put both of them in the playoffs.

I can't believe Indy could go 7-3 and be put out of the playoffs.

This region is so tough

I believe this will be the game.... Ravenwood does not want to lose therefore I predict Ravenwood will win. They look good. Was it a hamburger or a cheeseburger??????

Big region game for the raptors... lets here what everyone thinks. Will IHS have a meltdown of the season after their loss to DC or will they bounce back... lets hear it

RAVENWOOD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe this will be the game.... Ravenwood does not want to lose therefore I predict Ravenwood will win. They look good. Was it a hamburger or a cheeseburger??????

I dont see this game going ravenwood's way.. If indy establises an early lead like we did vs DC, we can call it a game this time. Everyone of those players knows how it feels to have a lead taken from them, so now they will play hardnose every play and never let up. It should be a great game to be apart of and im looking forward to another thriller.

>

I don't know about that. I think Independence might want to win this one too, but I'm not for sure. We'll have to ask somebody from Indy if their players want to win. but seriously this should be a great game. Its on Thursday right? will it start at 7:30?

That's honestly the dumbest prediction I've ever read. Not because you picked Ravenwood, but...just...think about what you said.

as a matter of fact indy already called a team meeting and the team pretty much doesnt feel like winning this week..this gives rhs the edge on thurs.. :)

Edited by Cubs05SC