Hendersonville @ Overton

2006 HHS

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hendersonville is very well coached and they should have won against antioch so dont compare what the wave did against antioch its a whole new game with a whole new mentallity i would probably be safe to say bruce hatfield was not satisfied with all the mentall mistakes in such a big game last week the commandos need to realize the importance and finish if they learn how to do this watch out bobcats and wave

Hendersonville 14

Overton 13

Weird game. 0-0 at halftime. Overton takes first drive of 2nd half and scores on a 12 yd run by White. They then hold H'ville and fumble the punt, giving H'ville the ball at about the Overton 40. Watson scores from 3 yds out to tie it. Finally with about 4 minutes to go Overton lines for about a 25 yard field goal. Bad snap, holder sprints left then back to the right and throws down around the goal line and H'ville DB David Champlin intercepts and goes 98 yds for the TD. Extra point good. Overton then drives down quickly and scores but extra point is wide left. H'ville then makes 3 consecutive first downs and runs out the clock. The key one on 4th and 2 from about the Overton 35 Overton jumped offsides. Not a great performance from the Commando's but sometimes you just have to find a way to win and they did.

Hendersonville 14

Overton 13

Weird game. 0-0 at halftime. Overton takes first drive of 2nd half and scores on a 12 yd run by White. They then hold H'ville and fumble the punt, giving H'ville the ball at about the Overton 40. Watson scores from 3 yds out to tie it. Finally with about 4 minutes to go Overton lines for about a 25 yard field goal. Bad snap, holder sprints left then back to the right and throws down around the goal line and H'ville DB David Champlin intercepts and goes 98 yds for the TD. Extra point good. Overton then drives down quickly and scores but extra point is wide left. H'ville then makes 3 consecutive first downs and runs out the clock. The key one on 4th and 2 from about the Overton 35 Overton jumped offsides. Not a great performance from the Commando's but sometimes you just have to find a way to win and they did.

A win is a win. Congrats to Coach Hatfield and the team.

not pretty...a win none the less.

hville offense is sputtering.....I hope they can give gallatin a good game.

hville will have to be at their best

o-line and backs must block, backs must hold on to the ball and somebody must field the punts - looks like theyve tried 6 or eight kids this year and still can't catch it under the lights.

defense will have to tighten up between the tackles, I've seen teams grind out 5-8 yards at a time on them.

Don't come out soft in the first half - get fired up in pregame!!!

Good luck Beat Gallatin & you can be region champ

if not you still beat hunters Lane for second place..I'd hate to see them let up now.

To say that you hope Hville gives The Green wave a good game is rediculous with a shot at the region title on the line.This game is going to be on tv and its a bitter rivalry with alot of tradition in it.The commandos would love nothing more than to show Coach Lassiter where he should of stayed i think the green wave will be in for dog fight,and i do believe that the o-line for HHS does need to step their game theyve gotten worse as the year has gone along.You can bet they will be in for it during practice this week.

To say that you hope Hville gives The Green wave a good game is rediculous with a shot at the region title on the line.This game is going to be on tv and its a bitter rivalry with alot of tradition in it.The commandos would love nothing more than to show Coach Lassiter where he should of stayed i think the green wave will be in for dog fight,and i do believe that the o-line for HHS does need to step their game theyve gotten worse as the year has gone along.You can bet they will be in for it during practice this week.

i agree with hvillelegend people are writing off this game cause of what each team has done in previous games you can throw that out the window cause this rivalry is going to be intensified by more and gallatin is probably going to be a little cocky and if hendersonville can stay focused put 4 quarters together

THE TIDE WILL CHANGE