Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was why I asked about TD.....I have no clue. Wasn't AML out awhile last yr too with an injury? I may be wrong but I thought she was out several games and came back around the 2nd OHS game last yr.

AML was out a few games last year because of an ankle injury but she didnt play against oakland the 2nd time in the season she played against them in the tournament........as far as TD i would think she would have over at least 1000 at this point.....but they havent acknowledged at any game yet but if she was healthy last year i think she would be pushing to be the all-time leading scorer at oakland but it was just unfortunate :thumb:

he is a coward and a bad coach in my opinion and doesnt have much class win it comes to losing...........he has had pretty much the same team for 4 years besides a few loses here and there......but besides that he has had the same team and hasnt advanced anywhere meaningful.....heat beat oakland in the tournament one year and thats it with the team he has he should have had at least advanced passed the second round of the region

oh really? not really...thats almost to ignorant for me to make an argument against but if you want one me and riverdaleman will clarify on that gladly

oh really? not really...thats almost to ignorant for me to make an argument against but if you want one me and riverdaleman will clarify on that gladly

come on you should know this as well as i do burt is a sore loser......you dont blame all the players on your team except one you just dont do that......and if he was such a good coach he would at least been to state once or have gotten close with the talent that team has..........the team isnt a problem its the coach......just like on the boys side with as much talent riverdale has running through that school year in year out they should be dominate but settle for mediocrity because the coaches dont know how to handle the team or the hand that is dealt

Yes, you are right, soph......I just remember her coming back and playing against us and thinking...dang....couldn't she have held out ONE more game b/f her return. I had forgotten about the tourney game. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

no prob.. are you going to the game tonight?

True, while Cookeville play has been balanced most of the year, who besides helton has had a good year.

I think the key word is balanced. Helton, as you stated, leads in points and is a great player. But, the rest of the team has put us where we are.

Ali Masters has really came on strong offensively. She has helped to open our outside game and is steadily improving on her defensive skills.

Rochelle Davidson out-hustles most everybody on the court. She leads the team in steals and is a definite play-maker. She works extremely hard at improving her game and always makes good things happen for Cookeville.

Kelsey Odle, although out recently with an injury, has done a great job running point. Once she gets back to 100%, our guard play will be hard to handle. She handles the ball well and can shoot a three or drive in - whatever works - and also contributes greatly on defense.

Jade Bartlett comes off the bench and is very effective in shutting down our opponents overly aggressive post play. She can power in and scores points when we need them - and can shoot a three.

Then we have our two seniors. Together, they are great team leaders and show, by example, how important teamwork is to having success on the court:

Bianca Burnett is one of the best defensive guards in the district. She is consistent offensively and can shoot outside or inside. She has speed and agility and plays smart.

Nikki James leads the team in assists and rebounds and has the highest shooting percentage on the team. Her defensive skills are second to none and she can hold her own offensively.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I get very upset that everyone seems to get so caught up in who scores the most points, that they forget about the team players that make it possible to have a top scorer. Somebody has to get the ball down the court, make good passes, protect the ball and keep possession before the go-to player can shoot. Not to mention, without good defensive play, the other team will score with every possession. It should always be about team effort. Almost every player mentioned above would rather sacrifice personal stats to get a team win.

Cav Mom, its been quite a while since You have posted but we see you looking in every so often. We need your posts and insight especially since Cookeville is one of the top teams in the District. the only thing anyone could see was the scoring and that was the criteria we had to look for.

yes we knew about Helton and many knew about Masters and many know the Cavs are well coached and many alredy knew about all who played AAU. You know that James has been known for a few years. Defense was a given as it was seen last time and it is known that Cookevile has the ability to be a complete team but as teams do sometimes, consistancy of play is needed to get to the state and we are to the point that it is important.

We need some information coming out of Cookeville tht gives us some indication as to whether cookeville is on track. Certtainly we will see tonite the progress that has been made.it appears that, if you maintain the level of play you could be tied for first place. This has become a very tough district the second half of the season but still have a few hurtles to leap. Good to see your post.

I think the key word is balanced. Helton, as you stated, leads in points and is a great player. But, the rest of the team has put us where we are.

Ali Masters has really came on strong offensively. She has helped to open our outside game and is steadily improving on her defensive skills.

Rochelle Davidson out-hustles most everybody on the court. She leads the team in steals and is a definite play-maker. She works extremely hard at improving her game and always makes good things happen for Cookeville.

Kelsey Odle, although out recently with an injury, has done a great job running point. Once she gets back to 100%, our guard play will be hard to handle. She handles the ball well and can shoot a three or drive in - whatever works - and also contributes greatly on defense.

Jade Bartlett comes off the bench and is very effective in shutting down our opponents overly aggressive post play. She can power in and scores points when we need them - and can shoot a three.

Then we have our two seniors. Together, they are great team leaders and show, by example, how important teamwork is to having success on the court:

Bianca Burnett is one of the best defensive guards in the district. She is consistent offensively and can shoot outside or inside. She has speed and agility and plays smart.

Nikki James leads the team in assists and rebounds and has the highest shooting percentage on the team. Her defensive skills are second to none and she can hold her own offensively.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I get very upset that everyone seems to get so caught up in who scores the most points, that they forget about the team players that make it possible to have a top scorer. Somebody has to get the ball down the court, make good passes, protect the ball and keep possession before the go-to player can shoot. Not to mention, without good defensive play, the other team will score with every possession. It should always be about team effort. Almost every player mentioned above would rather sacrifice personal stats to get a team win.

That's a bold accusation and unless you have direct knowledge then it's only your misguided opinion.

Take anyone of the players mentioned out of the equation and Cookeville is not nearly as successful.

That's a bold accusation and unless you have direct knowledge then it's only your misguided opinion.

Take anyone of the players mentioned out of the equation and Cookeville is not nearly as successful.

The above comment is the very reason I rarely post on here. My eloquence is apparently lacking as my intention in responding was to give positive information on all key players from Cookeville's team. I apologize if my wording was accusatory toward any player - I assure you, that was not my intent and is not my opinion. I was trying to impress on others outside of Cookeville, how important each member of this program is to the success of the team. Believe it or not, we're of the same opinion. Again, I apologize for using "almost every" in my previous post - too much thought into what I want to say and not enough into what I'm actually typing.

The above comment is the very reason I rarely post on here. My eloquence is apparently lacking as my intention in responding was to give positive information on all key players from Cookeville's team. I apologize if my wording was accusatory toward any player - I assure you, that was not my intent and is not my opinion. I was trying to impress on others outside of Cookeville, how important each member of this program is to the success of the team. Believe it or not, we're of the same opinion. Again, I apologize for using "almost every" in my previous post - too much thought into what I want to say and not enough into what I'm actually typing.

Are you a college teacher?