Gibbs at Carter

splainshornets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time seeing these two teams play this year. Gibbs still is the poorest coached team in the area, hands down. They played what I'd call a very bad Carter team tough for 3qtrs. Gibbs qb is pathetic, he could possibly be the worst qb I've seen in years. They looked like they had a good stable of running backs, but Randy seems to be trying to build up this center who he has plaing QB'S stats. Gibbs d actually looked really good against a very weak Carter offense. Carter is much improved at the QB position from last year but overall they are a bad team playing in a very bad conference. Fulton will win by at least 40 next week and most likely put 70 on the board against a very weak Carter D.

First time seeing these two teams play this year. Gibbs still is the poorest coached team in the area, hands down. They played what I'd call a very bad Carter team tough for 3qtrs. Gibbs qb is pathetic, he could possibly be the worst qb I've seen in years. They looked like they had a good stable of running backs, but Randy seems to be trying to build up this center who he has plaing QB'S stats. Gibbs d actually looked really good against a very weak Carter offense. Carter is much improved at the QB position from last year but overall they are a bad team playing in a very bad conference. Fulton will win by at least 40 next week and most likely put 70 on the board against a very weak Carter D.

Carter might not be Fulton or Catholic, but "very bad????" How does 8-0 translate to very bad, even if the region is weaker than the powerhouse that Fulton competes in? Stop and think before you write/say such things. I think Fulton will beat Carter, perhaps by a couple of TD's this year, but I doubt it will be a blowout like last year.

volnative, I'm not sure that you went to the right game. None of your facts are straight. Weak Carter D? I haven't seen the stats, but there had to be atleast 5-6 sacks, 7 INTs, and very minimal postive yards. The scoreboard also shows how weak Carter's D was- 0 points. Improved quarterback. Don't get me wrong #16 is good, but how can you replace one of the most successful qb's in Carter history? I'm not sure you were at Carter-Gibbs.

volnative, I'm not sure that you went to the right game. None of your facts are straight. Weak Carter D? I haven't seen the stats, but there had to be atleast 5-6 sacks, 7 INTs, and very minimal postive yards. The scoreboard also shows how weak Carter's D was- 0 points. Improved quarterback. Don't get me wrong #16 is good, but how can you replace one of the most successful qb's in Carter history? I'm not sure you were at Carter-Gibbs.

Have to disagree with you on the QB thing granted Stanton was good but I believe Bounds is a much better QB

Stanton and Bounds both were/are good quarterbacks for the Hornets. I think that both have dimensions that help the team. Stanton was a great passer with excellent accuracy. Bounds has the ability to escape and make plays. Both Quarterbacks were blessed with play-makers around them. Stanton had Taylor and Littlejohn. Bounds has Brown, Gorman, and Little Stanton. I think the offense's ability to use the tight end and fullback have made the offense more dynamic this season, but who can argue with Stanton's team who scored 373 points in a season? This year we've scored 256 this season which is still impressive!

Stanton and Bounds both were/are good quarterbacks for the Hornets. I think that both have dimensions that help the team. Stanton was a great passer with excellent accuracy. Bounds has the ability to escape and make plays. Both Quarterbacks were blessed with play-makers around them. Stanton had Taylor and Littlejohn. Bounds has Brown, Gorman, and Little Stanton. I think the offense's ability to use the tight end and fullback have made the offense more dynamic this season, but who can argue with Stanton's team who scored 373 points in a season? This year we've scored 256 this season which is still impressive!

Very Impressive it just seems when watching Bounds he is more confident in his position, I'll tell you one that is up and coming as one heck of a QB is #15 Tyler Clifton.

The one thing I didn't agree with in the post was that Stanton was the post "Don't get me wrong #16 is good, but how can you replace one of the most successful qb's in Carter history" I don't see Stanton as the most successful QB in Carter History. :lol:

Edited by dana112369

RedNeck, I really don't want to take your money, but Rogan will run through that d with no problem. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Carter win, but they just didn't impress me any. From what I was told 6-7 ints and 10 or 12 sacks a game is the norm for Gibbs. Carter had one good drive in the game on the very first series. Gibbs d actually looked pretty good against Carter's O. That QB from Gibbs is so bad that if Carters O was decent they would have hung 50 on them. Gibbs moved the ball pretty well against Carter's d, that QB just kept throwing the ball to the middle where there was one reciever and 5 dbs. I thought Randy Carroll himself was playing QB. I know Fulton kicked several starters off of their team, but they'll still score at will on Carter. Then you look at Hamilton, Stokes, Gildner, Gatewood and of course Rogan on D and I'd almost bet you that Carter would be lucky to get 5 first downs or even cross the 50 yd line.