DB Indians vs Knox Karns

ArtVandalay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, All I know at this point is that the game will be played in October and its Friday the 13th.

No worries DB fans. Karns is very young this year. The team we had that pulled the upset was a veteran laden team that played physical football. Lots of underclassmen on this years team trying to learn the wishbone. DB should roll easily at home.

Homecoming for Dobyns Bennett... Look for a big win from the tribe. DB played great against a very good Sevier County team and I see no light at the end of the tunnel for Knox Karns this week. The only weakness I see in the Indians is the punt return team. Throp has let the ball by him way too much. He is really hurting the Offense's starting position and mistakes like that can't be made in the playoff's. DB's last drive of the game last week should have started at the 25 after a fair catch but for unknown reasons Throp let the ball through and watched it roll to the 12, instead of a 75 yard field DB was faced with 88 yards. Even though the Indians pulled it out last week those yards really add up. 13 yards can mean going on to next week and going home in the playoff's. Why not put a playmaker like Sylvester deep and let him return a few? Even still DB rolls through Karns.

DB- 40

Karns- 3 late in the 4th

Roll Tribe Roll

I have heard a lot of talk lately about the Punt Return game for DB from just about everybody I know. I am wonderding if the coaches have said not to come forward on a Punt to field it and to just let go. I think if #20 was not doing what the coaches want him too, he wouldn't be back there. I am guessing the Indians actually field less the 50% of the opponents punts. In the Bearden game, #2 Marchez Barnes was put back on punts (#20 was sick, no where close to 100%) and #2 ran great on the 1st return, then fumbled a punt right before half, that lead to the only Bearden score.

#17 Sylvester is looking good at Kickoff return, that's for sure. he has great speed and good vision.

Roll Tribe Roll

On this Friday the 13th, the tremors from the "Karnage" unloosed in J. Fred Johnson Stadium will be felt all the way back to West Knoxville - so let it begin!

Bad luck? Now the press box may fall (the window already fell on some folks) over on a bunch of DB fans or the visitor's seats may collapse, but the Dobyns Bennett football team will be just fine.

Edited by DBGRAD70

Homecoming for Dobyns Bennett... Look for a big win from the tribe. DB played great against a very good Sevier County team and I see no light at the end of the tunnel for Knox Karns this week. The only weakness I see in the Indians is the punt return team. Throp has let the ball by him way too much. He is really hurting the Offense's starting position and mistakes like that can't be made in the playoff's. DB's last drive of the game last week should have started at the 25 after a fair catch but for unknown reasons Throp let the ball through and watched it roll to the 12, instead of a 75 yard field DB was faced with 88 yards. Even though the Indians pulled it out last week those yards really add up. 13 yards can mean going on to next week and going home in the playoff's. Why not put a playmaker like Sylvester deep and let him return a few? Even still DB rolls through Karns.

DB- 40

Karns- 3 late in the 4th

Roll Tribe Roll

Not trying to start any crap, but if we're not going to return punts, put em all on the line and try to block every punt.20's got way too much speed not to be used

I agree, we let way too many punts go untouched.Playoffs coming, and sooner or later we're gonna need those extra yards.I can't recall more than 5 punts being caught in the air and returned. When 20 gets the ball he runs like he11! Unless he's being told not to touch the ball, I say get it and go.This week might be a good game to try setting up some returns for future use.