Wooddale -vs- White Station

bg3

After this week only one team in 8-5a will be undefeated.

From What I have seen if Wooddale can control the Blitz of the Spartans great Linebackers they will win. The Spartan secondary is suspect and Wooddale's qb will pick them apart if given time. The spartans have a couple of good recivers as well, but not compared to the cardinals. If we don't pick up those linebackers Mr. Perry will need some icy hot on saturday. This one is the comcast game of the week.................Huge in terms of playoff seeding.

West Tn..........What do you think????????

BG

Edited by bg3

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From What I have seen if Wooddale can control the Blitz of the Spartans great Linebackers they will win. The Spartan secondary is suspect and Wooddale's qb will pick them apart if given time. The spartans have a couple of good recivers as well, but not compared to the cardinals. If we don't pick up those linebackers Mr. Perry will need some icy hot on saturday. This one is the comcast game of the week.................Huge in terms of playoff seeding.

BG

Huge game,I think the Spartens have more of a balanced attack.I have not seen Wooddale play but I think they would be a more of a quick strike type of offense,where as White Station could eat some clock on some long drives and keep the ball out of Wooddales offensive hands.Does anyone see this happening?

Huge game,I think the Spartens have more of a balanced attack.I have not seen Wooddale play but I think they would be a more of a quick strike type of offense,where as White Station could eat some clock on some long drives and keep the ball out of Wooddales offensive hands.Does anyone see this happening?

This will be a huge test for the woodale o-line. They will have to be on top of their game in order to slow down the white station defense, and the three line backers they have. look out for 33 and 34. If wooddale is as one dimensionable as they have been portrayed, i think they will have a tough time with white station. I think white station may have the edge because they can pass and run the ball. W/S had two huge passes in the forth quarter of the gtown game that tied the game and forced an ot situation. I am basing my thoughts on the fact that woodales defense almost let houston come back and beat them.

On another note, there will be a huge matchup in Germantown Friday night. Regardless of rankings or records. this game is always a showdown. All these kids grew up playing ball together and against each other. This is for community bragging rights. This Friday night will be huge for region 8, 5A.

I don't see White Station losing this one. Wooddale's defense is extremely suspect and if you come up with a game plan solely on stopping their (Wooddale's) passing game then they can be easily handled. They seriously lack the ability to run the ball on anything that resembles a defense and their offense, while potent, can be stopped. I'm sure Coach Wright has something up his sleeve for this game as it will decide home field in the playoffs. Agaiun White Station will win because they are more balanced offensively and will score often against a porous Wooddale defense and their defense will come up with a couple stops during this game.

This will be a huge test for the woodale o-line. They will have to be on top of their game in order to slow down the white station defense, and the three line backers they have. look out for 33 and 34. If wooddale is as one dimensionable as they have been portrayed, i think they will have a tough time with white station. I think white station may have the edge because they can pass and run the ball. W/S had two huge passes in the forth quarter of the gtown game that tied the game and forced an ot situation. I am basing my thoughts on the fact that woodales defense almost let houston come back and beat them.

On another note, there will be a huge matchup in Germantown Friday night. Regardless of rankings or records. this game is always a showdown. All these kids grew up playing ball together and against each other. This is for community bragging rights. This Friday night will be huge for region 8, 5A.

From the Commercial Appeal:

At Houston

WOODDALE 30, HOUSTON 24

Wooddale 8 16 0 6 — 30

Houston 0 8 8 8 — 24

W — Roderick Davis 59 pass from Jeremy Perry (Darryl Cohen pass from Jeremy Perry)

W — Terrance Moore 49 run (Darryl Cohen pass from Jeremy Perry)

H — Matt Gilbert 1 run (Hunter Kitchens pass from James Cunningham)

W — Sean Armstrong 31 pass from Jeremy Perry (Marlon Walls pass from Jeremy Perry)

H — James Walker 1 run (Garrett Avant pass from James Cunningham)

H — James Cunningham 1 run (James Cunningham run)

W — Jeremy Perry 1 run (pass failed)

W H

First downs 14 16

Net yards rushing 108 163

Net yards passing 267 85

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Wooddale, Terrance Moore 11-94. Houston, James Cunningham 13-51.

PASSING — Wooddale, Jeremy Perry 16-27-267-1. Houston, James Cunningham 13-18-85-1.

RECEIVING — Wooddale, Sean Armstrong 7-107, Roderick Davis 4-130. Houston, Steven Garth 3-14, Ben Cullen 3-19.

RECORDS — Wooddale 7-0 (4-0), Houston 5-2 (3-1).

Against Kirby, Friday, Sept. 30, 2006

Wooddale rushed for 221 yards and passed for 253 yards.

Against Whitehaven, Friday, Sept. 15, 2006

Wooddale rushed for 218 yards and passed for 126

Against Hillcrest, Friday August 18, 2006

Wooddale rushed for 214 yards and passed for 212 yards

These are the only games I have the stats readily available to me. For some reason, the CA didn't publish the stats of the Horn Lake game. I posted these stats for those who haven't been paying attention to Wooddale. They are NOT one dimensional, nor does the QB throw the ball to one WR. In one game I think I saw stats for at least 4 WRs. Roderick Davis is the D-1 WR ... but he's not alone by any means. That Sean Armstron guy is pretty darn good as well.

The only thing I have to go on is the margin of victory both teams have had against Whitehaven. Wooddale beat Whitehaven 26-24. White Station beat Whitehaven 31-14. Other then that ... I have nothing. Houston slowed the Wooddale rushing attack, but their DB's paid the price as Perry lit them up for 267 yards in the air. I can't sit here and say that White Station SHOULD win this game. I know others can ... I'm not one of them. This past Friday, White Station directly benifieted from three Germantown fumbles as a result of faulty QB/center exchanges. Two of those fumbles happened when Germantown was on the one yard line about to score. Once in regulation, the other in overtime. Gemantown moved the ball effectively against the White Station 'D' when they had to. I think Wooddale moves the ball as well. Persoanlly, all things being equal ... I think whoever has the ball last, wins. Special teams and penalties may determine the outcome more then anything else.

From the Commercial Appeal:

Against Kirby, Friday, Sept. 30, 2006

Wooddale rushed for 221 yards and passed for 253 yards.

Against Whitehaven, Friday, Sept. 15, 2006

Wooddale rushed for 218 yards and passed for 126

Against Hillcrest, Friday August 18, 2006

Wooddale rushed for 214 yards and passed for 212 yards

These are the only games I have the stats readily available to me. For some reason, the CA didn't publish the stats of the Horn Lake game. I posted these stats for those who haven't been paying attention to Wooddale. They are NOT one dimensional, nor does the QB throw the ball to one WR. In one game I think I saw stats for at least 4 WRs. Roderick Davis is the D-1 WR ... but he's not alone by any means. That Sean Armstron guy is pretty darn good as well.

The only thing I have to go on is the margin of victory both teams have had against Whitehaven. Wooddale beat Whitehaven 26-24. White Station beat Whitehaven 31-14. Other then that ... I have nothing. Houston slowed the Wooddale rushing attack, but their DB's paid the price as Perry lit them up for 267 yards in the air. I can't sit here and say that White Station SHOULD win this game. I know others can ... I'm not one of them. This past Friday, White Station directly benifieted from three Germantown fumbles as a result of faulty QB/center exchanges. Two of those fumbles happened when Germantown was on the one yard line about to score. Once in regulation, the other in overtime. Gemantown moved the ball effectively against the White Station 'D' when they had to. I think Wooddale moves the ball as well. Persoanlly, all things being equal ... I think whoever has the ball last, wins. Special teams and penalties may determine the outcome more then anything else.

Look at who Wooddale got those rushiong yards against, though kwc...winless kirby, a mediocre 3A team, and Whitehaven (who has not played up to their potential all year)...there will not be that much success on the ground this week against a much stronger defense.

After looking for teams that both have played,(and Whitehaven being the only one )I did find something that caught my eye,White Station gave up 20 pts to Bartlett,just curious was those at end of game with 2nd team defense in?

Actually no. Bartlett jumped out to about a 10 point lead on them before White Station got anything going...suprising isn't it

Look at who Wooddale got those rushiong yards against, though kwc...winless kirby, a mediocre 3A team, and Whitehaven (who has not played up to their potential all year)...there will not be that much success on the ground this week against a much stronger defense.

rhsplaya55:

I posted what I did in response to reading this.

dp6fan

dp6fan, and others who have the same impression, don't really KNOW anything about Wooddale. The use of the word 'potrayed' is what triggered my response. I'm in no way implying that Wooddale will have gaudy rushing numbers. I am implying that Wooddale will run the ball and be effective enough with it to prevent White Station from trying to cheat deffensively. White Station must respect Wooddale's run game, just like Wooddale will have to respect White Station's rushing attack.

I'm fully aware of who those stats were accumalated against. But stating that Wooddale is one dimensional is faulty, at best. That's all I'm saying. Wooddale can, and will run the ball effectively.

Here is the rub, as I see it. Wooddale hasn't gained everybodys respect yet. Yes, they are 7-0. They are still not respected. Wooddale has something to prove. People aren't convinced yet. Everybody, including myself, are a little weary of Wooddale's 7-0 record, even though 7-0 is an outstanding accomplishment. The status quo thinking about Wooddale is this ... They are a good team ... but not good enough. It's not verbalized, but it's implied plenty enough. It's presence is felt everytime Woodale is brought up. Wooddale doesn't measure up just yet.

In this sense, this game is bigger to Wooddale then any other 8-5A team. Respect. White Station has it. Germantown has it. Because of past glory days, Whitehaven, Houston, and Collierville have it, in a way. Wooddale doesn't. Not in the same fashion as the teams I just mentioned. The Wooddale players know this. The Wooddale fans know this. The Wooddale coaches know this. Until they beat Germantown and/or White Station ... the concensus thinking will be that they are just another good team with tremendous talent who will exit the playoffs early.

I'm in now way trying to imply that these games aren't importatnt to every other team. They are. Every team involved will prepare with the utmost urgency. That being said, Wooddale still has to beat White Station and/or Germantown to gain citywide repect.

rhsplaya55:

I posted what I did in response to reading this.

dp6fan

dp6fan, and others who have the same impression, don't really KNOW anything about Wooddale. The use of the word 'potrayed' is what triggered my response. I'm in no way implying that Wooddale will have gaudy rushing numbers. I am implying that Wooddale will run the ball and be effective enough with it to prevent White Station from trying to cheat deffensively. White Station must respect Wooddale's run game, just like Wooddale will have to respect White Station's rushing attack.

I'm fully aware of who those stats were accumalated against. But stating that Wooddale is one dimensional is faulty, at best. That's all I'm saying. Wooddale can, and will run the ball effectively.

Here is the rub, as I see it. Wooddale hasn't gained everybodys respect yet. Yes, they are 7-0. They are still not respected. Wooddale has something to prove. People aren't convinced yet. Everybody, including myself, are a little weary of Wooddale's 7-0 record, even though 7-0 is an outstanding accomplishment. The status quo thinking about Wooddale is this ... They are a good team ... but not good enough. It's not verbalized, but it's implied plenty enough. It's presence is felt everytime Woodale is brought up. Wooddale doesn't measure up just yet.

In this sense, this game is bigger to Wooddale then any other 8-5A team. Respect. White Station has it. Germantown has it. Because of past glory days, Whitehaven, Houston, and Collierville have it, in a way. Wooddale doesn't. Not in the same fashion as the teams I just mentioned. The Wooddale players know this. The Wooddale fans know this. The Wooddale coaches know this. Until they beat Germantown and/or White Station ... the concensus thinking will be that they are just another good team with tremendous talent who will exit the playoffs early.

I'm in now way trying to imply that these games aren't importatnt to every other team. They are. Every team involved will prepare with the utmost urgency. That being said, Wooddale still has to beat White Station and/or Germantown to gain citywide repect.

I think Roderick Davis is a very talented WR. I also believe that Wooddale has some other guys that are very talented. If anybody has a chance ask Rod. D. about the McGavock H.S. DB that he had one-on-one pass sessions with at Ole Miss this Summer. I hope Roderick got something out of those workouts; I know they helped Jaquan tremendously.

Nashville McGavock Raiders

After looking for teams that both have played,(and Whitehaven being the only one )I did find something that caught my eye,White Station gave up 20 pts to Bartlett,just curious was those at end of game with 2nd team defense in?

We went to that game...White Station played really flat in the first half. Bartlett came out and jumped on WS in the first half. I think WS was up by one at the half. Second half was all WS. Bartlett moved the ball well when they ran between the tackles. They would pick up 3-5 yards every time and then for some reason they would try to run outside. They did not have the speed to do this and would end up losing yards. I think, but am not sure, White Station may have been coming off their win over Whitehaven when they played Bartlett.

BG

BG,

For me, the key to a Woodale victory lies NOT in whether Woodale can control White Sation's blitz; its whether Woodale's defense can stop White Station's offense!

Woodale can effectively counter a blitz-happy team. They proved that last year, during its narrow (21-24) loss to Gtwn. Thus, I have no doubt that they will be able to handle White Station blitz schemes, and score its share of points.

This game will boil down to defense (or LACK therof?), pure and simple.

Frankly, I'm not too sure about the strength of White Station's pass defense. They simply have not been tested yet. Oh....make no mistake about it--White Station will get a serious test this Friday nite, when Woodale brings its prolific aerial assault to Halle stadium.

Bottom line: If neither team can stop the other team....it's gonna be a good old fashioned "track-meet!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White Station 30 ---- Woodale 28

Edited by TraderB