Wooddale -vs- White Station

bg3

BG:

Are there any plans to take some digital photo's at this game? This is the ideal game to get some pics into the CoachT gallery! White Station has no pics whatsoever. The only Wooddale pics are from last years East game. I'm tempted to take my little ole digital camera out and take some pics myself.

Just a thought.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted earlier in this thread about the 'perceived' lack of repect felt by the Wooddale program. It permeates every discussion when Wooddale is the topic of conversation. The head coach at Wooddale just confirmed my position with his comments in today's article about the game.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/preps/...5063103,00.html

I knew I wasn't the only one to whom it was blaringly obvious!

KWC,

I think you have to earn respect,and true I think Wooddale is a better team this year then last,last year they was what 6-1 and dropped the last two games?I think they drop 2 out of the last 3 this year starting tonight.Lets see how they handle themselves tonight and then lets talk about respect.

KWC,

I think you have to earn respect,and true I think Wooddale is a better team this year then last,last year they was what 6-1 and dropped the last two games?I think they drop 2 out of the last 3 this year starting tonight.Lets see how they handle themselves tonight and then lets talk about respect.

I completely agree. If Wooddale wants to be counted amoungst the elite. They have to WIN these types of games. It's not good enough to play these games close. Honestly, I think if they lost yet they played a close game would show improvement over last year when they were humiliated in blow out losses. However, losing the close ones will not garner the respect.

I posted earlier in this thread about the 'perceived' lack of repect felt by the Wooddale program. It permeates every discussion when Wooddale is the topic of conversation. The head coach at Wooddale just confirmed my position with his comments in today's article about the game.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/preps/...5063103,00.html

I knew I wasn't the only one to whom it was blaringly obvious!

From a football perspective, it's hard to respect a team like Woodale.

Why?

They're all offense. NO DEFENSE.... That was the case last year. It's the case again, this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, I commend Woodale on its great, undefeated season. They've done a remarkable job, so far. Keep up the great work. But....

I'm not trying to demean Woodale or any of its fans, but let's face the facts: Woodale is nothing more than an entertaining, high-scoring offensive football team with a swiss-cheese defense--full of holes. That's all! As a result, they have no realistic chance of winning a Championship.

Look...let's no kid ourselves here--it is all about winning Championships. No team competes for 2nd place. I doubt very seriously that Woodale does, either!

Think about it: Woodale -- a perenially weak football program with no history of fielding Championship-caliber teams. Suddenly they become an offensive juggernaut (that's OFFENSIVE juggernaut, not DEFENSIVE) with a WEAK defense.

I'm sorry--with that combination, it shouldn't be difficult understand why Woodale gets no respect. I sure ain't difficult for me to comprehend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember the ol' (tried and true) football adage: Offense sells tickets. Defense wins Championships.

Edited by TraderB

From a football perspective, it's hard to respect a team like Woodale.

Why?

They're all offense. NO DEFENSE.... That was the case last year. It's the case again, this year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, I commend Woodale on its great, undefeated season. They've done a remarkable job, so far. Keep up the great work. But....

I'm not trying to demean Woodale or any of its fans, but let's face the facts: Woodale is nothing more than an entertaining, high-scoring offensive football team with a swiss-cheese defense--full of holes. That's all! As a result, they have no realistic chance of winning a Championship.

Look...let's no kid ourselves here--it is all about winning Championships. No team competes for 2nd place. I doubt very seriously that Woodale does, either!

Think about it: Woodale -- a perenially weak football program with no history of fielding Championship-caliber teams. Suddenly they become an offensive juggernaut (that's OFFENSIVE juggernaut, not DEFENSIVE) with a WEAK defense.

I'm sorry--with that combination, it shouldn't be difficult understand why Woodale gets no respect. I sure ain't difficult for me to comprehend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember the ol' (tried and true) football adage: Offense sells tickets. Defense wins Championships.

There you have it folks. Plain and simple. Even lil ole me can understand this. Wooddale, if you want repect baby ... you have to win these types of games. Until you do that, you will remain

a perenially weak football program with no history of fielding Championship-caliber teams.

That's why I said earlier in this thread (I think it was in this thread). This game is more improtant to Wooddale then it is to White Station. TraderB couldn't have said it any plainer. Playing White Station 'close' and not winning doesn't really help Wooddale as much as winning the game does.

Have fun tonight everybody, and may the best team win!

There you have it folks. Plain and simple. Even lil ole me can understand this. Wooddale, if you want repect baby ... you have to win these types of games. Until you do that, you will remain

That's why I said earlier in this thread (I think it was in this thread). This game is more improtant to Wooddale then it is to White Station. TraderB couldn't have said it any plainer. Playing White Station 'close' and not winning doesn't really help Wooddale as much as winning the game does.

Have fun tonight everybody, and may the best team win!

Well it seems like all the talk is about Wooddale getting respect and haveing to win these games. Isn't it true for White Station also?

Before we all moved to 5-A and they split into 2 regions did White Station ever get past Germantown? Since I've been in Memphis all I've hear is G/town in football as far as 5-A goes. From what I gather G/town is to W/S what Melrose was to R/way. Wooddale also was in 4-A with Melrose/Ridgeway, that really made it hard on them to get any respect. Because like one (or both) of you said, "You have to win these games."

Well it seems like all the talk is about Wooddale getting respect and haveing to win these games. Isn't it true for White Station also?

Before we all moved to 5-A and they split into 2 regions did White Station ever get past Germantown? Since I've been in Memphis all I've hear is G/town in football as far as 5-A goes. From what I gather G/town is to W/S what Melrose was to R/way. Wooddale also was in 4-A with Melrose/Ridgeway, that really made it hard on them to get any respect. Because like one (or both) of you said, "You have to win these games."

It sounds like this game was a good one with some controversy. Congratulations White Station on your 21-20 win. The Commercial Appeal has an interesting account of the game in the link below:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/preps/...5066105,00.html

This is what I'm talking about ... dialouge ... I'm glad you asked. As long winded as I can get, you know I am loving this. Before the Ridgeway/Millington game ... I speculated on how the7-5A/8-5A playoff brackets would go ... my speculation was flawed however because I assumed that Ridgeway would lose to Millington due to the absence of Crawford. Below is what I said.

I will rethink things and revise my 7-5A/85-A predictions.

In the meantime ... Riddle me this Batman. Who on Ridgeway's schedule, which I've taken the liberty to post below, do you think has the offensive weaponry of Wooddale, White Station, or Germantown? Heck ... you could throw in Whitehaven if you'd like.

Millington is high powered ... but one dimensional ... very one dimensional indeed. Henry Co. perhaps? Is Henry Co.'s 'O' in the same league as White Station, Wooddale, or even Germantown? I haven't seen Henry Co. play, but I've read that they have an exceptional QB who makes their offense go. Do you think Henry Co. has the playmakers at every skill postion like White Station, Wooddale, or Germantown? I don't get that impression. I know Henry Co. is very good ... but man for man ... I get the impression that White Station, Wooddale, and Germantown are a cut above. I said all of that to say this. Once the playoffs start ... the ante has just gone up. I know Ridgeway has a stellar 'D' and a very good 'O', especially when Crawford is in the game. But I dare not assume that Ridgeway beats either of the 8-5A three. I'm not saying that Rideway can't beat them ... of course they can ... but you can just as easy say the reverse is true. I don't think Ridgeway has faced a team this season that is as potent offensively as either of the 8-5A three, especially Wooddale and White Station.

I'll be back later with my synopsis of the 7-5A/8-5A playoffs.

You maybe making the same mistake that all of the 8-5A playoff teams made last year thinking that 7-5A is much weaker and that Ridgeway hasn't played anyone of the great 8-5A's magnitude. But Ridgeway played the same type scheduled this year as they did last year and made it to the semi finals losing to the eventual state champions Ravenwood. And Ridgeway whoop the snot out of Woodale & the pi$$ out G-Town. And they will most definately do it again IF.... Crawford is just 90% healthy. Take that to the Bank.

It sounds like this game was a good one with some controversy. Congratulations White Station on your 21-20 win. The Commercial Appeal has an interesting account of the game in the link below:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/preps/...5066105,00.html

OMW,

I attended that game and found myself rooting for Woodale...It was a great, exciting game that went down to the wire. It more than lived up to its billing--a stellar effort by both teams. It's too bad someone had to lose.

Now, let me tell you--I did not see anything that was controversial or otherwise unjust, despite what (Woodale's) Coach Miller's post-game comments implied, "the mark is on my back, and it's a shame they're taking away from my boys because it's aimed at me."

To me, Coach Miller's comments are nothing more than a case of sour grapes! He needs to let go of the past and accept this loss to White Station for what it actually was: White Station made the necessary plays to win the game; Woodale made plays also, but its defense failed to make the BIG plays/stops when it counted most--on WS game-winining drive.

There did not appear to be any sort of conspiracy, if you will, amongst the refs to get back at Coach Miller, for his tyrade (and subsequent suspension) during a game last year @ Halle. Nonsense.

Woodale EARNED the penalties that was assessed against it, particularly the 2 pass interference penalties during WS' game-winning drive. Woodale's defenders CLEARLY hit the receiver's before the ball arrived, in both instances. That is pass interference, pure and simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I questioned only 2 penalties/calls vs Woodale: Both occured during the 1st half. Woodale had plenty of other opportunities to either score additional pts or stop WS from scoring more pts. So, in my view, even those incidents can not be used as the primary reason for Woodale's loss:

1) Woodale's 2pt version attempt in the 1st-half...the receiver APPEARED (I was @ an angle to the play, at the 50-yd line...so, I can't say for sure) to break the end zone plane, for the apparent 2pt conversion. The refs said no!

2) A 15-yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalty assessed during WS' opening drive, for a taunting....It did not look like taunting to me! The MLB made a big hit, to open the game. He was jacked up. Adrenaline in overdrive. He was just pumped up, and couldn't help but celebrate and release tension. That's all it appeared to be. He wasn't pointing or gesturing at the "flattened" RB or anything, that I recall.

I think the refs overracted. I really do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: Woodale outplayed White Station, overall, but WS came away with the win. WS simply made the BIG plays when they needed most. Woodale did not.

These two teams are about as equally matched as can possibly be, on both sides of the ball! Both defenses bent a lot, but made some big plays. Offensively, both made some big plays and sustained some drives....If they played 20 times, Woodale would likely win 9, 10 or 11 times. White Station would likely win 9, 10 or 11 times. The majority of them would likely be close, just like last night's game.

Edited by TraderB

OMW,

I attended that game and found myself rooting for Woodale...It was a great, exciting game that went down to the wire. It more than lived up to its billing--a stellar effort by both teams. It's too bad someone had to lose.

Now, let me tell you--I did not see anything that was controversial or otherwise unjust, despite what (Woodale's) Coach Miller's post-game comments implied, "the mark is on my back, and it's a shame they're taking away from my boys because it's aimed at me."

To me, Coach Miller's comments are nothing more than a case of sour grapes! He needs to let go of the past and accept this loss to White Station for what it actually was: White Station made the necessary plays to win the game; Woodale made plays also, but its defense failed to make the BIG plays/stops when it counted most--on WS game-winining drive.

There did not appear to be any sort of conspiracy, if you will, amongst the refs to get back at Coach Miller, for his tyrade (and subsequent suspension) during a game last year @ Halle. Nonsense.

Woodale EARNED the penalties that was assessed against it, particularly the 2 pass interference penalties during WS' game-winning drive. Woodale's defenders CLEARLY hit the receiver's before the ball arrived, in both instances. That is pass interference, pure and simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I questioned only 2 penalties/calls vs Woodale: Both occured during the 1st half. Woodale had plenty of other opportunities to either score additional pts or stop WS from scoring more pts. So, in my view, even those incidents can not be used as the primary reason for Woodale's loss:

1) Woodale's 2pt version attempt in the 1st-half...the receiver APPEARED (I was @ an angle to the play, at the 50-yd line...so, I can't say for sure) to break the end zone plane, for the apparent 2pt conversion. The refs said no!

2) A 15-yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalty assessed during WS' opening drive, for a taunting....It did not look like taunting to me! The MLB made a big hit, to open the game. He was jacked up. Adrenaline in overdrive. He was just pumped up, and couldn't help but celebrate and release tension. That's all it appeared to be. He wasn't pointing or gesturing at the "flattened" RB or anything, that I recall.

I think the refs overracted. I really do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line: Woodale outplayed White Station, overall, but WS came away with the win. WS simply made the BIG plays when they needed most. Woodale did not.

These two teams are about as equally matched as can possibly be, on both sides of the ball! Both defenses bent a lot, but made some big plays. Offensively, both made some big plays and sustained some drives....If they played 20 times, Woodale would likely win 9, 10 or 11 times. White Station would likely win 9, 10 or 11 times. The majority of them would likely be close, just like last night's game.

Tnanks for the input TraderB. My brother watched the game on the television replay and saw basically the same things you did. I am looking forward to seeing the tape. Ridgeway has potentially interesting rounds 1,2 and 3 playoff matchups.

TraderB

You want some juice with that crow?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... :lol:

I had a coke with mine in the Houston/Germantown thread. Oh yeah ... I think you have some crow to eat over there too! ... LOLOLOLOL .... ;)

Man ... you just gotta love 8-5A this time of the year! Next week ... Germantown/Wooddale ... Huge ... Huge ... HUGE! ALSO ... Houston/White Station ... Huge ... Huge ... HUGE! In 2 weeks ... Houston/Whitehaven ... again ... Huge ... Huge ... HUGE! ALSO ... Wooddale/Collierville ... Huge ... Huge ... HUGE!

Isn't this great!

I have to say that was a great game,I listened to it on radio friday night,and watched the replay yeaterday,and I will eat crow and say Wooddale earned my respect,however I did hate to see the coaches comments in the paper saturday,I think if he wants people in this area to respect that program he needs to stop with that type of talk and just let his team play.