SULLIVAN EAST AT ELIZABETHTON

GLee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to hear from you Voice, and yes it won't be long. Preseason conditioning for the non-volleyball and non-soccer kids has been ongoing for three plus weeks.

Football Cyclones need to look no further than fridays home game against East. A win there and a Unicoi loss to South and things get a little interesting again, although Unicoi only has to beat Central and East to get in even if EHS runs the table since Unicoi beat EHS head to head. (if the first tiebreaker is head to head, which I think it is). A North win over Johnson County this weekend would help EHS, and further muddy the playoff picture. Muddy is good for Elizabethton though.

What if Unicoi, EHS and Johnson County all finish with three conference losses?

That would be a three-way tie for third with each team having one win against the other. What would the tiebreaker be? Just some wishful thinking from a longtime Cyclone supporter who cannot stand the thought of the clones having a losing conference record.

Come on Orange and Black. Lets get a W this friday!

good to hear from you Voice, and yes it won't be long. Preseason conditioning for the non-volleyball and non-soccer kids has been ongoing for three plus weeks.

Football Cyclones need to look no further than fridays home game against East. A win there and a Unicoi loss to South and things get a little interesting again, although Unicoi only has to beat Central and East to get in even if EHS runs the table since Unicoi beat EHS head to head. (if the first tiebreaker is head to head, which I think it is). A North win over Johnson County this weekend would help EHS, and further muddy the playoff picture. Muddy is good for Elizabethton though.

What if Unicoi, EHS and Johnson County all finish with three conference losses?

That would be a three-way tie for third with each team having one win against the other. What would the tiebreaker be? Just some wishful thinking from a longtime Cyclone supporter who cannot stand the thought of the clones having a losing conference record.

Come on Orange and Black. Lets get a W this friday!

In a three way tie with teams that each have one win over each other, the tie breaker is regular season record, if I'm not mistaking. So (again, if I'm not mistaking) Johnson County wounld be 7-3, Elizabethton 4-6, and Unicoi 5-5. Which would mean Johnson County gets the 3 seed, Unicoi gets 4th, and Elizabethton stays at home... But, like I said before, that may not be how it works...

seems to me the coaches have given up, I passed 2 of the coaches going home yesterday a little before 5PM.. Guess they see the writing on the wall, that changes will be made once the season is over.

Who once some of these coaches step down, would you like to see take over and bring us back to the top? Is it coaching or has time just caught up with betsy, no good paying jobs in town, negitive things going on in school system if this is the case then maybe we need to look at droping down in classification. Your thoughts

I would like to Scott Rider have a chance to come home to EHS if he would take the job but I'm not sure that he would for the fact he maybe compared to much to his father and I don't think that would be fare to him. However Coach Rider ( Scott) I think there are alot of fans that would like to see what you could do to revive the CYCLONE PRIDE. As for anyother coaches I think we may need to go outside the area and find a coach and allow him to bring at least 1 assistant with him. The problem there is, are there any open teaching positions.

So I don't think it is possible in ANY way for Elizabethton to get in the play-offs if Unicoi wins 2 of there three remaining games, even if Besty wins out...

I think you are correct. Elizabethton has to win out and Unicoi would have to drop two of their last three. Unicoi has worked hard. Hats off to them.

I'm just kind of hurting for the Elizabethton men 'who have worked hard'. Finish Right! one play at a time.....one game at a time and be proud for what you have brought to the team. :thumb: You will know alot about yourselves by how you handle adversity.

Surely there will be some CYCLONE PRIDE shown at Brown-Childress Stadium this Friday. This is probably the BIGGEST game that this group of seniors have played. A win keeps your playoff hopes alive and your senior season alive. However, a loss eliminates the Cyclones from playoff contention.

I pray that the Cyclones of the first half play all 48 minutes Friday. If that was to happen, then East has NO chance.

You know, as hard as it is for me to feel sorry for Elizabethton, I actually do. I played against both Whittens through my high school years, and I never thought Elizabethton as anything but a power house. Now, they aren't even a shadow of their former self. I see fans who are calling for new coaches, players who have given up half way through the season, and a community that seems to be on the verge of just fading away.

I'm a Boone boy. I've known nothing except being a part of a football team that no one expects or respects. I helped rebuild a program when the previous team went 0-10. Instead of seeing people who claim "we need this person out, this person in" and "well we've given up" I would expect people to get fired up and cheer as hard as they can for the boys. A bad season can be a good thing for a program..........simply because the students can band together and become stronger. I just don't see that. Granted, I don't expect that any of the players really come here and read, so maybe I am shooting way off base. If I am, sorry, my bad, but I just don't see why this school, team, fans, coaches, and community don't get behind these kids with whatever they have left.

Maybe it is a bad season, I don't know, I don't closely follow Bethton. But when I come on here and see some of the things that are said........I'm just left speechless to the fact that this is the program that ended my high school career. This was the unbeatable team that no one could hold a candle too.

If a player is on here, my advice is this: No one expects anything out of you, it looks like a lot of people have given up on you. You aren't alone though, you have that teammate next to you who should be willing to give his all for you. As long as you stick together and play your heart out, no one will ever look down on you. Peace out.