06-07 Carter County B-Ball!

ghostbuster14

As for EHS being 'slow', that is the label put on BB teams with good size, which EHS obviously has, both at post and guard. And as a team they are quicker than they get credit for. I do think they are in for a battle in the conference this year with Unicoi and So Greene the other co-favorites, and it will be very difficult to go undefeated again in the conference.

And EHSFaithful, its "Pietrowski". I like your optimism. Hope your predictions ring true. This will be a hard working team.

I have the Lady Cyclones schedule and will try and post it later on the coachT schedule thread.

Krich: Do you know if Unaka is playing in the Volunteer Christmas tournament?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for EHS being 'slow', that is the label put on BB teams with good size, which EHS obviously has, both at post and guard. And as a team they are quicker than they get credit for. I do think they are in for a battle in the conference this year with Unicoi and So Greene the other co-favorites, and it will be very difficult to go undefeated again in the conference.

And EHSFaithful, its "Pietrowski". I like your optimism. Hope your predictions ring true. This will be a hard working team.

I have the Lady Cyclones schedule and will try and post it later on the coachT schedule thread.

Sorry, CycloneFan for the incorrect spelling. I, like you, graduated from Elizabethton but back in the day, there were no Pietrowskis. It was simple names like Byrd, Bush, Smith and an occasional Birchfield. Ha-Ha :unsure:

Don's just be proud - be thankful!

No. And Volunteer isn't playing Unaka during regular season.

*Coach Chambers should have the complete Unaka schedule posted this weekend.

The highlights:

At Pickett County -- Thanksgiving Weekend. Rangers usually play Pickett and Clay Counties.

Unicoi County, twice. I Love it!

Sullivan Central

@ Harriman - Great Single A challenge.

The Mid-South Classic (I think, just before Christmas) Some of the participants: Clarkrange, Oneida, Jackson County (Ask Hampton about them :D ) Upperman, Cookeville. Unaka will play at least Three Games.

Golly-Gee, Between this and Unaka @ Cloudland Football - - Not so sure I can stand it.

Cloudland has 3 seniors(Clawson,Mathesis,and Harold)who should help,3 jouniors(Tolley a big help,Pritchard,and Wilson returning from a knee injury),they also have a great bunch o sophomores(Johnson,Buchanan,McKinney,Miller,and B.Hughes (who didnt play Varsity last year)These girls saw some pretty big minutes last season! If they stick together they should be a pretty good team!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't wait for basketball to begin this year. I have been reading the posts, and I think they all have merit. Each school has lost some good players, each school has some new talent, some schools have different coaching staff...gee, same thing as last year, and the year before!

That is one of the great things about athletics at the High School and Middle School level. The changes always make for an interesting season.

Another thing we will all notice is some of the parents will be gone. When their kids graduate, they just don't find the time to attend as many events. And a new group of parents, just coming up from middle school ball, is now joining us. I sincerely hope each of our teams has the greatest success this year, and I fervently wish all of our girls an injury free season.

Let the games begin!!

The Highlander

Elizabethton is very tall but a big part of thier game will be physical strength. Not a slow team but not super fast either. Very sufficient speed to go along with size. Great combination size, strength and speed. Weems transformed Crapps into a good point guard and shooter (not hard to do with a player such as Crapps) but I think the physical strength will offset her loss.