Chattanooga Top Ten

mtnman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know Bradley, Cleveland and Wv have the best teams in the area but here's a Chattanooga top ten for discussion sake.

1. GPS

2. Tyner

3. Brainerd

4. CCS

5. Ooltewah

6. Tn Temple

7. Red Bank

8. Soddy-Daisy

9. Howard

10. Grace

I think you forgot the Lady Indians of Sequatchie County?

They didn't lose anyone off last seasons team that had a 23-8 record and from what I have heard they have looked very good in summer camps.

Edited by Sequatchie

I think Tyner and CCS are too high on your list, considering what they lost from last year. I might have Brainerd a spot higher and Temple up a bit further too. Sequatchie plays Tyner in a hall of fame game, each team will see what they have early. Seq did play well in camps, beat some good teams by a few points, beat some usually okay teams by a lot, lost a few too, but camp games don't always tell the whole story. Seq and GPS were at the same camp but didn't play, I wanted to see how they'd do against the Bruisers, it was just a scheduling quirk as Seq played Ooltewah twice there and beat them pretty badly both times, one was around 65-20. I think Soddy-Daisy will be okay this year too, it's just hard to build any AAA team in Chattanooga when it's nearly always a first round region loss. Doesn't Baylor have a girl who's 6'4"?

Edited by Indian

As far as I know, Baylor used to have a big girl but I do not remember seeing her last year. Maybe I just missed her but that would be hard to do. She may have been out last year or it may be someone new. It has amazed me that Baylor cannot have a compitive girls basketball program.

GPS would not have had Carly Morrow this summer due to knee surgery. I believe she will be back for b-ball season. She committed to Kentucky last year.

See any team in Hamilton County better than those outside? (Clev, Bradley, Sequatchie, Polk ect)

GPS, if everybody is healthy, should be able to give most everyone a good game. Brainerd usually has some huge posts, I think one of them would have boosted their team last year but was ineligible, not sure if she's back. Baylor's freshmen and sophomores played Seq's freshmen and sophomores in a tournament around Christmas, without two of Seq's better young players (leading varsity scorer was one of them) but still Baylor played them close. Walker Valley only beat Seq by a few in the same tournament so Seq wasn't dropping off much despite missing some people, maybe Baylor is getting better. Around 10 years ago they had some really good teams, won the region one season after beating Bradley and hosted Shelbyville in a substate game. Seq is still a young team, two seniors, two juniors two freshmen and around 7 sophomores, so they still have a lot of work to get where they want to be. I've seen for myself how hard they work out in the weight room though, for an example, so it's clear that they're a very determined group. I think the sophomores are around 75-12 since sixth grade, and the older players are talented too even though they're overlooked sometimes due to the overall youth of the team.

Edited by Indian