Loss of Respect for Watertown

tnchad1980

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine your a head coach, you play your starters until it is 28 - 0 and then put the JV in. The play until it is 49 - 0. You throw the 8th graders, the cheerleaders, waterboys, fans, bugs in the dirt, everything you have in your bench onto the field and they continue to stop RBS and put points on the board. Do you tell your kids to stop trying? Do you tell them after all thier practice they should not get to play hard? What would you do?

OK all jokes aside you do know you're playing RBS and that they arent the Riverdale of 1A. Dont start your first string....shoot give your younger players a chance to see why they are waiting behind these other players. If RBS jumps up on youput in your starters then. If you're that good it shouldnt be an issue. I'm not an RBS fan by all means, but it's no sense in this.

cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it :thumb:

Nothing to cry or get over or build. I'm not an RBS fan, I am actually in Atlanta Georgia right now. I was on the TSSAA site and was reading. When Smith Co walked on TC jacket fans were complaining about them running up the score...so make up your mind what's accpetable and not TC fan :D

Not quite as bad as Trousdale's romp last year 91-0 but I think it is definitely uncalled for. Friendship beat them 61-0 last week. And so, it appears to be the thing to do.

FC played their 8th graders from the middle of the second period on! Their leading rusher was an 8th grader !

What more could they do? punt on first down?

FC played their 8th graders from the middle of the second period on! Their leading rusher was an 8th grader !

What more could they do? punt on first down?

I understand that 1A, it still just hurts my heart to see RBS get beat like that. Those guys have so much pressure on them especially now that themedia is following them too.

Nothing to cry or get over or build. I'm not an RBS fan, I am actually in Atlanta Georgia right now. I was on the TSSAA site and was reading. When Smith Co walked on TC jacket fans were complaining about them running up the score...so make up your mind what's accpetable and not TC fan :thumb:

u never heard me cry about anything it's the opposing teams job(including trousdale) to stop the other team from scoring. i thought most fans understood that. i was obviously wrong. things must be different in georgia. :D

OK all jokes aside you do know you're playing RBS and that they arent the Riverdale of 1A. Dont start your first string....shoot give your younger players a chance to see why they are waiting behind these other players. If RBS jumps up on youput in your starters then. If you're that good it shouldnt be an issue. I'm not an RBS fan by all means, but it's no sense in this.

I disagree with that. I`m sure there are players on Watertown`s team that have worked hard for several years to finally earn a starting position. They shouldn`t have to sit out an entire game just because the opponent isn`t that good. Everyone wants to see RBS win, but benching kids that have earned something isn`t right IMO. Running the clock continuously in the 2nd half is a better solution if both coaches agree to it.

I was at the WT/RBS game last night. The score at half time was 48-0. He didnt play the starters the whole 2nd half. The thing I have a problem with is the play right before the half, with about 40 seconds left, Thompson made about an 80 yard run for a TD. There was a flag (can't remeber what we did) and it got called back. By this time, there was about 12 seconds on the clock and instead of taking a knee, WT ran the same play again and this time WT scored. That, in my opinion was totally uncalled for. I'm not trying to take any thing away from Thompson, it was a great run, just don't understand why you would risk getting our best player hurt. To the RBS players I would just like to say that I have a ton of respect for you guys, keep your heads up and your hearts in it and you will eventually get a win. I thought it was really sad when RBS scored and the WT fans were cheering louder for them than the RBS fans. Good luck RBS,

Hey i play for watertown and coach webster took out the starters at half time. the score at half time was 48-0. during the 3rd quarter johnathan harrison (2nd string rb) scored twice in a row (now 62-0). after he scored those coach webster took him out of the game and put in our 3rd string rb. then we got one more touchdown on offense. and then rbs fumbles on like the 20 and our 2nd string linebacker picked it up and scored. so theres no reason to lose disrespect for watertown. our second and third string scored 28 point in the second halves by thereselves.

i was at the game and the starters only played till half way through the second qorter and the second and maybe the third string played the rest of the game how can you have no respect for them what do you want them to do just quit the game win the score gets real high all they were doing was playing the game they could not help it if they kept scoring